Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
I looking from some help out there from other do it yourselfer's since the Mastercraft manual is somewhat vague, so I have two questions about winterizing my 09 Xstar with MCX.

- So I have changed all fluids and drained water from the block via removing the knock sensors; however, I do not see how to drain the exhaust manifolds. My 06 X2 MCX had the garden house deal, but I do not see this on the Xstar. I am assuming there is a drain plug on each manifold. Anyone know the location of these?

- Transmission cooler drain??? I don't see anything that would lead me to think that it would need to be drained. Any advice on this is appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       10-27-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
On the MCX, trust me you have a hose connection for the exhaust risers, it is probably routed across the tranny. From the back base of the exhaust you should have 2 hose connections, follow this and you will see the hose split/connection to drain.

The transmission cooler will be on the starboard side, rear, there is a J hose that connects to the bottom of the cooler, remove this hose to drain and clean out the screen with your finger, it does not remove. To find the cooler, again from the tranny, follow the two oil lines back, they end up at the tranny cooler. You should also, remove and drain the J hose on the port side that runs from the impeller to the thermostat.

If you are just dry blocking, make sure drive it around up and down some hills to make sure you have all the water out. Do you have a heater, because this needs to be blown out also?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Matt. I will take a look again and see if I can find them. The heater is already done and block filled with antifreeze.