Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
I'm not sure where the best sites to post are. Off the top of my head is inboardsonly.com and boattrader.com. Anyone have any ideas.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
I have had the most success with onlyinboards.com and craigslist.org . Never in my life as a boat owner nor dealer, have I sold a boat on boattrader or iboats.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
I would post in the classifieds on this site and on onlyinboards. I would also use craigslist but be ready for 75% of the emails/calls asking if you want a big pile of guns or a POS lawn mower in trade.

I actually have had luck with craigslist but I wouldn't post a phone number or email in the ad. Just tell them to email you through the craigslist link. Also take some time on the ad and list every option the boat has, especially the one's that are options on NADA. I would also post a link to your ad on onlyinboards so people can see better pics. Be realistic on your price as well. We are at the end of the summer and boats aren't worth quite as much now.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards!
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Craigslist is the best if your in a big city if your not post it in craigslist big cities around you. I sold my 04 Supra in less than a week. You will get bombarded with offers and phone calls with hundreds of questions but it is just to effective not to use and not to mention its free! I would recommend you put a phone number and email on the actual post itself you'll get more offers that way.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-25-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
man, i should have bought the domain inboardsonly.com.. bummer. OIB is a great place to list but I'd also list on craigslist as well.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-25-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
My last boat sold off of craigslist - I had quite a few good leads off onlyinboards.com.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-25-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
I sold mine last year in 6 days on the free section at OIB. I also had it listed here and recieved quite a few legit phone calls/offers.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards.com !!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-25-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
-Onlyinboards.com for sure. Ian runs a good service.
-Craigslist is another good option
-The classifieds forum on here (WW) used to be real good too, but since the format changed their does not seem to be as much traffic. Not sure if any changes are set to change it.......
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Yeah I posted it on CL. I think I'm goin go with the free section on OIB's to.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-25-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I possted about this time last year on craigslist, onlyinboards, boattrader, and here in the classifieds. I had the most traffic from onlyinboards and boattrader. I got nothing from here or craigslist. Oh, there is a classified section in Supra's own forums as well - I had some traffic from there as well.

Are you going to upgrade to a new boat already? Any ideas of what you are going to get next?
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Yeah its time to upgrade, lol. I'd like to go with a 23. I'm gonna start looking at Malibu, Nautiques and Tige's. I like the Supra but if it doesn't sell no biggie.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-25-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Craigslist.org
Oodle,com
Ebayclassified.com
backpage.com

All free. I place over 150 ads a month on all 4 of these sites. I place ads for my dad's RV dealership. Craigslist works the best. Boat Trader is expensive not sure of Onlyinboards.com.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-25-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Ditto on what others have said. I had my boat up for sale 3 weeks ago and got zero traffic on wakeworld. I used to browse the old Wakeworld classifieds, but the new format sure seems less user friendly.

If you live in the intermountain west, then KSL.com has a very well trafficked classified section. (utah and nearby areas). I actually have gotten more leads from that than anywhere.
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-25-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
+1 for craigslist
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
Craigslist and Onlyinboards..... I got by far the most play off of craigslist.

For craigslist ads: be sure to use lots of description, and lots of GOOD PICTURES!!! Host the pictures on photobucket, and put a bunch of them right into the body of the ad so everyone can see it. I like to downsize the photos to about 800x600, they seem to work good in that size. The little pictures at the bottom of the craigslist ads are pretty much useless.
Old    alanp            08-26-2010, 7:06 AM Reply   
ebay classifieds
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-26-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
only inboards.....sold mine in 3 weeks, and also sold my buddies in 2 weeks

Onlyinboards.com is the best boat selling site there is hands down
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltigeguy View Post
Ditto on what others have said. I had my boat up for sale 3 weeks ago and got zero traffic on wakeworld. I used to browse the old Wakeworld classifieds, but the new format sure seems less user friendly.

If you live in the intermountain west, then KSL.com has a very well trafficked classified section. (utah and nearby areas). I actually have gotten more leads from that than anywhere.
Oddly enough I was thinking the same thing. WakeWorld classifieds used to be FULL and frequented often. Nowadays there is nothing there, and I know I rarely click on it. That change was not for the better.