Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Looking for any advice or help on how to fix my depth finder. The depth was spot on since I bought the boat until recently it will read 997 ft most of the time. Every now and then it will start working again but not for very long. I'm thinking that there is a bad connection somewhere between the transducer and the computer MDC box thingy. The depth reads the same both in the info center and in the speedometer display so I dont think its a gauge or display isssue. Does anyone know where the transducer is located in this boat? I took a quick look in the engine compartment and under the tranny but did not see it.

Yes the boat is still under warranty, but I'm really hoping to avoid taking the boat off the lift and hauling it to the dealership.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-20-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
supra uses a triducer for the speed, lake temp, and depth. its all part of the thru hull for the paddle wheel.
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
So the Airmar paddle wheel is the depth transducer as well? I did find that but I thought it was only for the speed/temp.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-20-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
thats why it is called a triducer......temp,depth,speed. as opposed to a transducer that only does one thing or a biducer that does two things.