Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Sup kids havent been here in awhile. I couldnt find the website lol. Anyways some may remember my boat I was working on. I finished it last season and was out enjoying it. To busy to post. I moved out to Arizona so if any Az peeps see us stop by and holla. Heres afew pics.....
http://
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-15-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Looks great but, I would hesitate to use OG in any post right now.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Thanks, I just read that post above and was like DOH!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-15-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hematoma View Post
Thanks, I just read that post above and was like DOH!
Pretty funny. What boat is that?
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Just to clarify things I have no relationship or affiliated with the tool Lon. I started a thread a yr and a half ago that was titled "The original O.G. Marauder" thats why I named this the O.G. bad timing huh.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
Its a 84 Supra Marauder.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-15-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Looks really sweet!
Old     (stu929)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Boat reminds me a night rider.....Think you could use some LED's on the bow!

Do you have a cabin on the front of that? Do you have any other pics of the bow?

Love it looks bad ass nice work!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-15-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
i actually saw this boat a long time ago when i "searched" marauder on the net and was looking for info on them. boat looks great... Better than any X-80 i've ever seen ;-)
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu929 View Post
Boat reminds me a night rider.....Think you could use some LED's on the bow!

Do you have a cabin on the front of that? Do you have any other pics of the bow?

Love it looks bad ass nice work!
LOL its closed bow. Its the same hull as a sunsport just closed bow. I have two vents on the bow that my buddie was like "hey you need red led's in those" just havent got around to it. hahahaha
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
Boat's so dope, it's hitting critical mass in that first photo. Blinding!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-15-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
ka chow!
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, we went out on a limb when we decided to go murdered but its been well worth it. No greater feeling than when you guys with $30-50k boats pull up to give me props on my ride.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-15-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey Shane, nice ride man. Funny title...but you knew that. Love the ride.
Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-15-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Very sick boat, love the red interior on black exterior.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
I always wondered what happened to that boat. It has come a long way. Looks sick man. Good work on that thing. If you still have have some of the before pics please post. Really looks good man.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-15-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Nice boat Shane... great job
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
No more San Bernard. Boat still looks good.
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-15-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Nice job Shane,

She looks mint!
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 8:42 PM Reply   
Heres a before pics. I got a hull, engine and cover plus front seat and windshield for $1100.00
Old    ScottRobinson            06-15-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Wow, you did all that work yourself. I am just amazed at the level of talent on these boards. AMAZING MAN. Makes me sick I just spent 60k on a new Epic 23v. ....well sorta, love my boat too!!
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
My real good friend back TX has an 06 Epic 23v, sick wake for sure. I'm gonna redo it again in 2 more seasons gonna be even better, learned alot from this last go round. Thanks for the props.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
shane, were you out on bartlett sunday?
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
Nope, havent been able to make it out there yet. Been wanting to hit it up though........
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeandsnow27 View Post
shane, were you out on bartlett sunday?
We been going to Saguaro, its close to the house.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2010, 9:55 PM Reply   
We waited a long time for the pics buddy. Post some more. Unreal restore!
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
Few pics of us wakesurfing.
My wife is still learning to stay in the pocket.
crappy cel phone pic.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 10:11 PM Reply   
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
That looks great! Nice work!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
gotcha- there was an all black wake boat , no decals, tinted, out on bartlett sun... didnt get close to see what it was.
sure i'll see ya around...
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
Thanks everybody for the props, Ty I'm sure we'll see you around. We just moved out here 4 months ago so we havent made it out to all the spots yet. Been to Canyon and Saguaro workin on Bartlett and Pleasant just dont want to drive from the the East valley for crappy water. We have came to the realization that weekdays are better for wakeboarding and weekends are wakesurfing days lol.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
boat looks great...I'll look forward to seeing it.

You've pretty much got it down.... summer weekends are almost pointless. smooth water as the sun comes up and as the sun goes down.
weekdays can always be decent...

heading to roosevelt this weekend to find some good water....

Last edited by wakeandsnow27; 06-15-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
looks sweet man.... we need some interior pics!!! And you shoudl change the title because only LON is the OG around these parts... haha what a faggle
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       06-16-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
That is a sick lookin' boat Shane! I was out at saguaro on Saturday and hitting up Roosevelt this weekend. I will keep an eye out for you on Saguaro though for sure, I would love to see it up close!
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYDEAZ11 View Post
That is a sick lookin' boat Shane! I was out at saguaro on Saturday and hitting up Roosevelt this weekend. I will keep an eye out for you on Saguaro though for sure, I would love to see it up close!
Thanks for the props. Whats up with Roosevelt? Seems everyone but me is heading out there this weekend lol. Kinda sucks our only days to hit the water are Sundays, Mondays and Thursday. Its a small world we'll cross paths I'm sure.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
looks sweet man.... we need some interior pics!!! And you shoudl change the title because only LON is the OG around these parts... haha what a faggle
I will have to get some interior pics. My computer was slowing down so I put them all on a usb drive. I'm gonna head outside to detail it and I'll snap a few.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       06-16-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Roosevelt is so much bigger and doesn't get as crowded as Saguaro and never as choppy. It is a little bit of a drive if you live in the valley (2 hours-ish depending on where you are coming from) but worth it.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-16-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Looks good, definitely want to see some interior pics, possibly befores and afters if you have the befores. Its always cool to see the side by side comparison and get a sense for how much improvement there is.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2001 View Post
Looks good, definitely want to see some interior pics, possibly befores and afters if you have the befores. Its always cool to see the side by side comparison and get a sense for how much improvement there is.
Thanks Mike, I'll get some interior pics but have none from before, it had NO interior at all when I bought it. Engine cover and drivers seat is all that came inside and they were some nasty gray color. I built everything inside from the jump seat to the rear ski locker cover/pad .
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-16-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Pulled out the removable usb drive heres some before and after.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-16-2010, 11:41 PM Reply   
If I lived closer I would love to spend a while in your boat. Just awesome what you did.

I don't remember if you mentioned it in your first thread, but did you ever care to figure out what your total investment was? Not just the original boats and parts, but what ever you would calculate your time is worth?
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
did you do your upholstery work? If so I am trying to start a thread with information for DIYer's below is the link

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780513
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Wow, you did all that work yourself. I am just amazed at the level of talent on these boards. AMAZING MAN. Makes me sick I just spent 60k on a new Epic 23v. ....well sorta, love my boat too!!
Scott he used to ride with me and got sick of riding on the EPIC and went out and did this.

I remember when his wife sent me the photo of what he was picking up and I was like WTF? After watching it transform and I was still like WTF, but in a good way, lol.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Shane, You gotta post the pic of the dog! You know to show the sun deck/ballast storage locker.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-17-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Lovin the bloody guts
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-17-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Sick! You did a great job on that project!

That thing is clean! That upholstery look nice, did you have it done? or do it yourself?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-17-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Look at what I found: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1218299509
Boat looks great Shane, I can't wait to see it in person.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2010, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmoomba View Post
Scott he used to ride with me and got sick of riding on the EPIC and went out and did this.

I remember when his wife sent me the photo of what he was picking up and I was like WTF? After watching it transform and I was still like WTF, but in a good way, lol.
Sup bro I called you the other day to talk shop but you must of been entertaining your mom. Give me a holla.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett564 View Post
If I lived closer I would love to spend a while in your boat. Just awesome what you did.

I don't remember if you mentioned it in your first thread, but did you ever care to figure out what your total investment was? Not just the original boats and parts, but what ever you would calculate your time is worth?
Dood you just dont know, lol. When I picked this up I was working 6-10hr shifts driving 2 hrs 1 way. I would get off work haul ass home and work on it til 10pm or so. Some times I would be on 7-12hr shifts nights and sleep, then work on it til I had to go to work. So yea I have in my opinion a high dollar/time in labor. It was well worth it though.

I have close to 10k in this boat if not more not including my time. I know I would never get that back but we the family have so much fun that it makes it all worth it.

Last edited by hematoma; 06-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac View Post
Sick! You did a great job on that project!

That thing is clean! That upholstery look nice, did you have it done? or do it yourself?
I had it done, I gave it a shot and it wasn't my cup of tea. I had this old mexican guy do it, he did a pretty good job considering he no speaka English and I dont speak spanish lol.
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
That thing is Bad @ss!! Nice work!
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sup bro I called you the other day to talk shop but you must of been entertaining your mom. Give me a holla.
Did you leave a voicemail?

NOOOOOOOO.......lol

I had no idea you called and would have welcomed the break, you can relate. I have time between 9a-11a your time.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dood you just dont know, lol. When I picked this up I was working 6-10hr shifts driving 2 hrs 1 way. I would get off work haul ass home and work on it til 10pm or so. Some times I would be on 7-12hr shifts nights and sleep, then work on it til I had to go to work. So yea I have in my opinion a high dollar/time in labor. It was well worth it though.
In the boat storage with no AC in TX and no wind. 87deg nights with 90% humidity. Or when you were in your driveway, then you had the skeeters trying to carry you off, lmao!

IMO - shop rates double in those conditions, so bump that to 15k in her.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-18-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
I have seen you guys out on Saguaro a bunch lately and was wondering what kind of boat you had. It sounds pretty bad ass as well. We have gotten to the point where we pretty much have given up trying to board on weekends there. Too many boats and choppy as hell on the back side. So we will probly be making late trips out on weekdays. Where do you guys usually anchor at? I have seen you in that north cove before you head to the back part of the lake. We usually go to the cove across from the dock on the backside of saguaro or the first big cove to the north on the back half of the lake. Probly catch up to you out there one of these days.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
In the boat storage with no AC in TX and no wind. 87deg nights with 90% humidity. Or when you were in your driveway, then you had the skeeters trying to carry you off, lmao!

IMO - shop rates double in those conditions, so bump that to 15k in her.
Lol yea pure hell, Hey man I cracked my Watson in half yesterday, Might have to fed-ex it to you to take up to M2 if I cant get some warranty action out here. I'll let you know.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
aight - got your txt, but I am limited on txting. You may be better off sending it direct to M2, cool thing is, the shipping will be less since you can fold the board in half now, lol. I got a couple of back up boards now, too bad you're not down the street anymore, ***...haha.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
I have seen you guys out on Saguaro a bunch lately and was wondering what kind of boat you had. It sounds pretty bad ass as well. We have gotten to the point where we pretty much have given up trying to board on weekends there. Too many boats and choppy as hell on the back side. So we will probly be making late trips out on weekdays. Where do you guys usually anchor at? I have seen you in that north cove before you head to the back part of the lake. We usually go to the cove across from the dock on the backside of saguaro or the first big cove to the north on the back half of the lake. Probly catch up to you out there one of these days.
Thanks man, Dood we are all over that motha, we go to the back alot to chill but the mile no wake zone gets old. We try to ancho in some of the other coves but our piss-ant 30ft anchor line doesnt cut it. As you know that lake is deeeeeep in most places. But we'll catch up to each other its a small world and lake lol.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
aight - got your txt, but I am limited on txting. You may be better off sending it direct to M2, cool thing is, the shipping will be less since you can fold the board in half now, lol. I got a couple of back up boards now, too bad you're not down the street anymore, ***...haha.
Hey give me a call on your way home from work.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-18-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
dibs on the driver
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-18-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks man, Dood we are all over that motha, we go to the back alot to chill but the mile no wake zone gets old. We try to ancho in some of the other coves but our piss-ant 30ft anchor line doesnt cut it. As you know that lake is deeeeeep in most places. But we'll catch up to each other its a small world and lake lol.
You arn't kidding about the trip to that beach in the back. Plus it gets a little quick around that reef back there. Having an I/O make it a biotch to beach when there are alot of people going through. We are gonna try and get out one afternoon next week.
Old    SamIngram            06-18-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
Very nice restore job! I have to ask though, my all white boat gets hot during a full day in the AZ sun, how hot does that black and red get? I think you should install misters...
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-18-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlite View Post
dibs on the driver
that's good for a punch in the face and I will do it for him.....hahaha
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
Very nice restore job! I have to ask though, my all white boat gets hot during a full day in the AZ sun, how hot does that black and red get? I think you should install misters...
I stay under the bimini as much as possible. lol. Really though its not to bad, I think the red gets hotter than the black, I have those traction pad things on the bow and they get warm but not hot. I'm sure the gel coat is roastin but I aint goona find out.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-18-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Looks like you have an aftermarket swim platform that is extra large like the newer boats have...I've been having a hard time finding one for my boat - where did you find that one?
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Looks like you have an aftermarket swim platform that is extra large like the newer boats have...I've been having a hard time finding one for my boat - where did you find that one?
I made it! I used either 1/2" or 3/4" plywood sealed the crap out of it with thompsons waterseal. I drilled the holes for the bolts and epoxyed them in(top and bottom) I then used roll on bedliner to top coat seal it even more(herculiner) Going on a yr and it is still in perfect shape. I used my buddies swim platform off his Epic for the deminsions.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-18-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info - I may be making my own too...

Looks great BTW.