Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Looking for a new to us reliable boat for mostly beginner to intermediate wake boarding at a lower speed and some surfing.
Small crew of 5-6.
Any recommendations on the boats in the title.
Would like to stay below $30k.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Moomba LSV is more your size. The XLV is bigger heavier and for a larger crew.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-08-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
The XLV is 23' and the LSV is 22'. the difference of a foot isn't all that much. we go out all the time with 5 to 6 people and never regret having a bigger boat with more interior space.

The XLV is kind of unique in that it has the playpen bow. it doesn't have a "walkthrough" bow where people can sit in the bow with their feet on the floor. To me, it's awesome because there's flip up backrests and extra seating. in addition, one of the backrests is right below the winshield walkthrough and functions as a wind screen to effectively block the wind when you're motoring. it's awesome. the biggest benefit is that under the playpen bow, there's a huge storage locker that holds an 1180 gravity games bag. When the bag is empty, I can easily fit 2 to 3 boards in there!!!

the rear lockers will take 1100's, so that's a great start on getting a lot of weight for a good surf wave. The boat produces a pretty decent wakeboard wake with just the 1180 in the front. That's how I ride most the time. will other boats produce a better wakeboard wake? Probably, but this one is no slouch and I get compliments on it.

I went from a 21' sunsport direct drive to a 23' XLV and don't regret it for a second. 2008 is when they updated the XLV interior and hull and I prefer the 08+. In 2009, they went to a reversible pump system that's nicer than the 08 system with sprinkler valves. everyone hates the slow system and there's really little way to change it for the better without a major overhaul. you might be able to swing an XLV for right at $30k if you're super lucky. Most of them should have the 340 CAT ETX engine which is great. No complaints there.

In all honesty, you shouldn't regret any of the above list. But for me, I was so in love with the concept of the playpen bow that when I had a chance to get a nice XLV I jumped on it and never looked back.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
The 22Ve will be much larger interior wise then the 210 with its 102" beam and 22ft+ lenght. 5-6 in a normal crew and there will be plenty of room. Surf wise, the 22Ve will be much easier to setup and have a MUCH better wave then the 210 of that generation. The Ve produces a phenomenal wave. Wake boarding at slow speeds is not its strong suite, but doable. Solid boat and great rough water ride. Hopefully you come across one without the factory ballast. IMO, its a huge plus in the 06-08 generation to NOT have factory ballast. Best to start from scratch for a surf machine.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2017, 10:07 PM Reply   
Of those boats I go 22ve all day most boat for the money , throws great wakes and is reliable for sure
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2017, 10:26 PM Reply   
For the record the LSV is 21 and some change for the newer hull and 20ft and change on the older. The XLV is 23 all day. There is quite a bit in size difference there between the two. When you get the the entire redesign again in 2014 or 2015 can't recall the top deck upgrade the boat still stayed 21'6"
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-08-2017, 11:15 PM Reply   
X2 on the Tige 22ve
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-09-2017, 7:58 AM Reply   
yup