Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-29-2016, 7:54 PM Reply   
So, we just took our delivery of our 2016 t22 (22vlx hull is highly similar) and I am trying to figure out how to weight this pig. Boat has the 6.0l so its a bit heavier in the stern but can push whatever I need.

I have a 650# SL sac for the front but I am trying to decide how much to put in the back. 450s? 600s? 750s? Leaning towards the 450s for consistencies sake, but maybe the 600s

Surfing is not a concern- if it doesn't meet expectations we will pump sacs or add people when required. I just don't want an out of control amount of rear weight and then have to add weight to the front all the time- nor do I want to mess with guessing how full my bags are in the back.

Anyone with 2016 axis install PnP yet? There are no valves to flip as the internet suggests-just one big hose that runs across the top of the locker that I assume I need to split to fill and vent (to the tank) the ballast bag- advice would be appreciated.

any recommendations?
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       05-30-2016, 7:54 AM Reply   
Always go bigger... I made the mistake of getting 400s the first year I had my boat and ended up upgrading to 800s the next year. I had an a22. With my a22 for wakeboarding I filled the rear tanks until my bow bag was filled so I got about 500lbs in the rear. That's how I got the wake consistent. Drop the wedge and you're golden.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2016, 8:33 AM Reply   
What year a22 though? The older boats have a ton more ballast capacity up front, like double, so you kind of need the added rear weight to get your 45/55ish weight distribution
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       05-30-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
Sumo 600's are the best fitting bags. I've had 750, 900's and 600's. I used to have a 600 with a 900 on my surf side. With both bags filled until they over flowed, the boat still sat perfectly level. The bigger bags just get pinched under the seats and won't fill to capacity. I'd say go with 600's. And if you want more, and some lead or a separate bag in the cabin.
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       05-30-2016, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
What year a22 though? The older boats have a ton more ballast capacity up front, like double, so you kind of need the added rear weight to get your 45/55ish weight distribution
2015 a22, in my opinion the Ronix 800lbs fit best in the lockers. The axis lockers are bigger than the Malibu 22vlx lockers also
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-30-2016, 6:47 PM Reply   
750s in the rear lockers of my t22. 650 upfront. Fill rear about half for wakeboarding front and center all the way