Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 1:55 AM Reply   
I wonder...

I ordered some, gotta see what it does. So many interesting applications.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       07-11-2013, 5:22 AM Reply   
That looks pretty neat, I wonder how long it lasts? Think, if you did your trunks, you would never have to sit in wet clothes, or do the carpet in the boat. Ooh, spray your friends towel...that would be fun.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
I've used it. It is fun, at least the visuals of water on the boards. I used it on my new surfboard (ocean). I honestly can't say i noticed a difference, but I felt good about it. You have to commit to applying it obviously being a two part process. "Seems" to work better than, simply texture acrylic/poly 'speed' finished, or rainX, or car and nano wax products, etc. Hit us back with what you think. For me it is more about appearance, as a builder I like my boards to be clean and perfect, like when I finished them... I hate scuff marks or dirty sunscreen finger prints, etc. I might be a little OCD in that respect.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
LOL, your trunks. If I do my trunks, can I pee in them without any consequence?
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
No Robert, we will still point and laugh..

Im with you Nick, OCD or not a board should aways be clean and neat in my book. Shows respect to the builder that put the time into it....O and I can't stand dirty wax...freaks me out.
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-11-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
You know.......I bet if you apply the Principal of Push, divided by the Lifting Forces generated by the wake surf wave, evenly applied across the bottom of the board, this might really work. But only on the boards you don't have to pump to generate speed. The pumping action has to effect the apex of the Flux Capacitor.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-11-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
i wonder if you could put this on the hull of the boat?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
@CK LOL

I need to see that equation. Can you show me that pumping action? Is it like this:

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-11-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
@doug maybe you will get more push. Or you will back it off the trailer, and it will hover.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-11-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
Looks neat.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite95 View Post
You know.......I bet if you apply the Principal of Push, divided by the Lifting Forces generated by the wake surf wave, evenly applied across the bottom of the board, this might really work. But only on the boards you don't have to pump to generate speed. The pumping action has to effect the apex of the Flux Capacitor.
Awesome... oh so much spam. I like my spam fried.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
That is some neat looking stuff. The best application I think would be on boat carpet. Mine smells horrible after being wet. But then again, I just ordered some Deckadence to remedy that problem.

The 2nd best application would be on the lens of the GoPro Camera. I use Rain X on mine and it seems to help, but this stuff would work way better I'm sure.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
I also thought about my gopro lenses, but I heard it leaves a film, color of some kind, whitish?
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-12-2013, 12:11 PM Reply   
You are correct. It is not water clear translucent. Notice most things on the video are white and they do not just say spray the entire outside of your iPhone.