Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jronix)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-09-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
Looking for some advice on a new surf board upgrade. This is my first year surfing and currently ride the IS Blue lake. I like the board its easy to ride and good for the whole boat but I would like something that fits me better. I'm 6'5" between 210 and 220lbs and am wondering if I should go with custom board as in soul craft or walker project or if there is a phase 5 or inland board that might be a good option. The wave I ride is medium in size and I'm looking for maybe a hybrib style board, a board with more speed than my current board. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
Call Jeff at Soulcraft, he can make you a board with all that criteria! for pretty much the same price as a Phase5, or Inland Surfer
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-09-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Thanks A Van....you beat me to it!...Love our Soulcraft boards...
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-09-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
Call Brock at Doomswell...they got some good stuff going on
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
Squid! NP! hey I just had a shirt made with the A Van on the back! Thanks for the nick name! it's stickin!
Old     (jronix)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-09-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
Looks like I will look into Soulcraft, thanks for the responses!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-09-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jronix View Post
Looks like I will look into Soulcraft, thanks for the responses!
You will be happy you did. I have a custom Soulcraft Jetty that I hit a partially submerged stick with. It broke the fin box away from the board and put a gash in my favorite board. I talked to Jeff at Soulcraft and he is taking good care of me! Soulcraft has great customer service
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-09-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
I love my Soulcraft. Great board great company.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-10-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
You need to go out and try some more boards. Don't drink the koolaide from all the groupies.

A Shred Stixx Ringer or a TWP Bomb Pop will suit exactly what you want off the rack. Both brands are also available as customs, and have far more experience building boards than all the rest.
Old     (jronix)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-10-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
I would love to demo some higher end boards but where I am located I don't have any dealers that carry them. Everyone that I surf with just have a ronix or hyperlite board. I am considering a custom walker board as well as the soulcraft.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-10-2013, 9:33 AM Reply   
Josh, where are you located? I can look through some dealer list and see what is near you. May be useful, may be not.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Who you calling a groupie??? CHAOS? LOL! I agree go out and demo what you have available in your area, I did, and came to the conclusion that Soucraft Boards are my favorite. JMHO
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
I have no idea if the other companies offer as many options as Soulcraft......such as, Parabolic stringers, Carbon fiber rails, custom fin set ups, custom graphics etc, etc...Plus the exceptional service! I wouldn't shy away from Jeffs experience building boards, he's been building boards for longer then most people think they know!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-10-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Totally agree with everyone above. Demo as many boards as possible before you make a decision. My choice is Shred Stixx. I am still in love with my 2 year old Elevation. Call Nick (Chaos) for more info on the customs. He wont steer you wrong.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-10-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Josh,

I tried running an "all brand" wakesurf demo company for about one full surf season. My business plan was to toss boards at anyone on the lake and let the product speak for it's self... Most ignored me when I called asking for support and or to share product with the public. Some supported me and my customers are grateful for there open mindedness to the craft of building boards and respecting other builders.... It was awesome working with the different personalities of the industry and they are all very passionate about what they do. The last thing I would ever try to say is that one is better then the other. But you can't ignore the fact that Soulcraft is popular because it is successful...why is it successful? Great boards, there customer service is top notch (haha), there turn around time is awesome, Jeff is a master craftsman and can build you anything.....ANYTHING you want...and more... so don't just look at buying a board..because there are a lot out there that are great...but invest in the experience of purchasing an awesome board..

Brock, Nick, Jeff, Mark, Mike, Todd, Tom and Harry are all great people and we have no disrespect for them. Just the opposite and we consider them all friends.

I just condensed my Wakesurf quiver to Soulcraft exclusively...we are proud of the experiences we have provided people and would like to offer you the same opportunity...the family members that have added to this thread are a testament of the quality, positive vibe and fun experience provided by Soulcraft...

Squid
Soulcraft Customer Service
Squid's Wake Limited
squidswake@gmail.com
Old     (jronix)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-10-2013, 3:46 PM Reply   
I am located in Grand Rapids, MI, not sure about the dealers around here that carry what I'm looking for. If there are dealers with the boards that interest me then I will for sure demo them.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
You wont find many places that sell high end wakesurf boards, let alone demo them.
There isnt much benefit for dealers to sell high end custom boards. They make more selling $350 hyperlite broadcasts. Dealers that do it, do it because they love it.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-10-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
Some of the Soulcraft groupies have a lot of experience riding many brands of boards. I bought my first wakesurf board a Hyperlite Landlock about 10 years ago. I have also owned 2- Phase 5's and a Calibrated board along with my 2 soon to be 3 Soulcrafts. My Soulcraft friends Squid, Tony and I rode in Polar Bear events where we tried out a lot of different brands of boards.
I love the fact that my Soulcrafts are custom boards, that are made for me by a master craftsman, who was making and riding ocean boards, before wakesurfing became popular. Everyone has there own board preference but since he asked about Soulcrafts, we just wanted to tell him how much we love ours.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
I have a Soulcraft and a Walker Project. I love them both. No need to fight