Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
Got to work today (were I keep my boat) to see this stuff!!!

So anyone in the Santa Rosa area keep a look out for a 6 channel Jl marine
amp, 10" sub, Pioneer premier HU, and a Total Mobile audio 2 channel amp...

/PISSED

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Sorry for your loss. Did you have any video cameras recording in the shop? Don't think you did or you would have said it. It must have taken them awhile to get that stuff out.... 6 screws for the sub that I can see and at least 3 for the amp.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Wow this makes me so sad. Respect peoples stuff. Seriously.. Shawn im very sorry and you know ill be on the lookout. Unfortunate, but hopefully we'll find them bro.
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
I hate that B.S., SORRY for your lose bro.. I can't stand to look @ these pictures I had to run out and check on my boat.. Hope somebody catches them for you.. I would try scanning craigs list or ebay.. frickin tweekers are always tring to off-load the goods to make a quick buck... again sorry for your pain I feel for ya..
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-11-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
I feel your pain, I had the exact same thing happen to me in 3/06. I had my Sound Illusions stereo system installed for less than a year and they got everything. I was never able to find out what happened exactly, but more than likely it was an inside job from the storage facility I was using.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that man. That is such a shi++y feeling. happened to a couple of my cars.

If there is a bright side to this, at least they disconnected and did not cut all the wires.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
That sucks dude. It's funny I make sure I lock and arm my car every night in my car port so my stereo equipment doesn't get jacked but here's my boat sitting right beside it with a canvas cover holding a hell of a lot more stereo stuff in it. I even have the tower folded down so the speakers are in plain view. It makes me nervous but there isn't much I can do.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-11-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Yeah I guess there are a few upsides to the situation, they did not get the tower speakers (not on the boat at the moment), they also did not take my interior speakers which I am stoked on, and they actually did a really clean job of removing everything. So I will just have to wait on insurance to come through then just plug everything back in.

And thanks guys, it is a pretty feeling!
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-11-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
I would look at that guy with all the tattos. Cant trust anyone who winks that much.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
Looks like they took their time. At least your boat didn't get destroyed when they ripped you off.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
F'ed up Dude. At least they didn't tear your boat up. Still F'ed up though.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Sad thing is, they really knew what they were doing. You can tell by how "neat" (in a sense) they cut everything out and left things. Still disturbing however...
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
It certainly looks like they have been scoping you out for some time. Dog if I would ever find out I would f---- kick their a-- for you. like you say
F---- thieves!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-11-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
Jessup, sorry to hear this man. Will keep an ear and eye out...
Old     (loco)      Join Date: May 2007       05-13-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
That sucks man, i'll ask my cousins.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Been there. We just got our boat put back together from the same thing. I know you feel, and I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Good news is they didn't damage the boat, same with us.
Old    walt            05-13-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Shawn,

That really blows ! Will your insurance cover it ?
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
I would actually go as far as to involve the police to see if they could pull any prints off the boat, although you probably wouldn't get anything. Just some teenager lookin for some stereo stuff.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-13-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
I would agree with Bill. However, besides stealing, in this instance, they had to break into a building. Two crimes.

Also, depending on what they took, it could be grand larceny. (I can't remember the numbers, but I believe grand theft is $10K, and grand larceny is around $5K)
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-13-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hey shawn, come to think of it... Ive got a 15 inch JL audio tha came with our boat. Its in a sub box but your more than welcomed to it... Take it out and cut a bigger hole for more bang? Hit me up...
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-13-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Shawn.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
I doubt it was kept inside, just in the fenced in lot.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2007, 12:48 AM Reply   
Dude it sounds like a lot of these people posting know you. One different perspective from someone you don't know. Be thankful!! Most bastards who do this kind of stuff don't even blink about taking you stuff then just destroying everything else. If you lost a deck and a sub be thankful they didn't punch a hole in you hull. And stuff like this does not go unpunished, they will get theirs.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-15-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Rule here in the country: Shoot first ask questions later. Sorry about the loss Shawn.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
punk kid decided to spray paint on my NEW boat. Good thing it was waxed really good. came right out. re-waxed and good to go. But still a bunch of BS. Didn't want to hi-jack just wanted to express my anger at people who dont respect how hard we work to pay for our toys
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-15-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
to make you feel a little better. when we dropped our boat off at the dealer there was a tige sitting there with every seat cut to shreds and was spray painted with profanity. they said it was maybe an ex girlfriend or something.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-15-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
I parked my boat on the street before going on a boating vaction about 4 years ago and they got all my boards. It really sucked, but my insurance guy told me to make a report with the police and then go out and buy whatever I needed to replace them.

I made the report, and when we got to our destination, I was like a kid in a candy store.

I was so mad when I found they were all gone, but it kinda made up for it when I was able to replace them with new.

Hope it all works out for you...
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
Yea, well everything came out fine with paint thinner (mineral spirits) then wash the area and re-wax. actually came out like wiping off a dry erase board with windex LOL pretty stupid. It must have been on there for like a hour. man kids have nothing better to do. I wish i was there to catch em, i probably would have kicked there A** and said there was a struggle hahaha. But they did tag a gang sign so i dont want the retaliation so i woulda had to beat them unconsciouse hahaha
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
TAKE PICS OF ALL YOUR STUFF AND POST IT HERE,

I SURF CRAIGSLIST THE MARINE AND AUDIO SECTIONS ALMOST EVERY DAY, AND MY BUDDY OWNS A BOAT SHOP SO WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR USED BOATS AND DEALS ON PARTS.

ILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ANYTHIGN IF YOU SHOW ME WHAT TO LOOK FOR!