Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kregstrong)      Join Date: May 2014       07-15-2016, 7:08 AM Reply   
Anyone have experience with these boats? I'm looking for a boat with a great surf wave, that's mainly what we do, not real interested in the supreme because I don't like the picklefork on the s226. So these 2 are my main options. Can someone compare and help me out? Thanks
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-15-2016, 8:03 AM Reply   
I can speak on behalf of the R21 and Z1 boats with Taps 3. If you or your crew like to surf both sides, Tige does a great job at producing a symmetrical wave on both sides. The taps 3 system is great and fuel economy is great with this hull design/ surf system. If you have the means, the Z1 has a bunch of amenities, but if you're just concerned with the wave, the R21 won't disappoint.

From the pictures I've seen of the Moomba and the Supra SC I have ridden behind, it produces a skim style wave on the port side, which is not my flavor.

Good luck with the search.
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-18-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
My buddy has a Craz and I have an RZR but have ridden a Z1 a few times. The Craz surprised me a bit and is actually a sick wave. It needs about 3500+ in ballast to produce enough push but it is clean so factor isn ballast upgrades and lead up front. I enjoy surfing my skim board on it just as much as my Tige. Not much of a lip but overall a very nice boat. You can't go wrong with either!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-18-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
Been through a couple of demo Craz's this season and man I'm impressed! Out of the box was able to surf without a rope no problem and the wakeboard wake is amazing. Good luck in your search...
Here's regular with stock ballast, it gets huge with a easy ballast upgrade.

Goofy with stock ballast