Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    DocPhilMD            11-08-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
I was privy to some information from a source close to production.

Most MC dealers don't even know much about it yet. It is supposed to launch to the public early 2014.

Apparently, it is a Gen 2.0 surf tab called a wake shaping device. The boat is loaded even and these are deployed allowing you to easily switch sides quickly.

I'm not sure if it is a delayed convergence device a la surfgate or a redesigned surf tab.

All I know is that I am skeptical

Good news though, if you own a 2013 or 2014 MC with surf tabs, they will upgrade for free.

2012 and earlier boats can't get it.

Any boat 2013 and newer can get it for a charge
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-08-2013, 8:59 PM Reply   
MY LIPS ARE SEALED
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-09-2013, 5:23 AM Reply   
I am also privy to some more information:

A couple of bike mechanics from Missouri are currently working on some sort of flying machine. I'm not sure if if works on the theory of an aerofoil or witchcraft.

Needless to say I am skeptical.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-09-2013, 5:46 AM Reply   
We need some of those top secret photos from the test track like Ferrari....
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-09-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
Game over for all other manufacturers if MC does get a surf system that works as well as NSS.

Signed,

Dr. Doc JetRanger Ph.D, MD, Ph.D: MD Medical Doctor, Philosophical Doctorate of Medicine, MD Physician
Old     (JetRangerThePoser)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-09-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Game over for all other manufacturers if MC does get a surf system that works as well as NSS.

Signed,

Dr. Doc JetRanger Ph.D, MD, Ph.D: MD Medical Doctor, Philosophical Doctorate of Medicine, MD Physician
I apologize for my incessant and obnoxiously juvenile posts about other members.

SIgned,
(Wannabe)Doc JetRanger, Mediocre MedStudent

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-09-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
A bigger tab with more downward stroke may indeed create the drag necessary for delayed convergence.

A lot of MC guys breathing easy now. Have to think Bu and CC were stealing a lot of sales from MC with their respective surf systems.
Old     (SESanger)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-09-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
A bigger tab with more downward stroke may indeed create the drag necessary for delayed convergence.

A lot of MC guys breathing easy now. Have to think Bu and CC were stealing a lot of sales from MC with their respective surf systems.
Not dissimilar to the surf tabs used by Sanger. The larger tabs work very well when properly weighted. Beyond that, tabs are extremely versatile when unevenly weighting a boat because you can level out the boat on plane with the uneven weight.

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-09-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
I've got the surf tabs on my Sanger. I would imagine Mastercraft would have to be doing something different if they are now calling it a system. I like having the tabs on my boat, but find that it is better, in most situations, not to use them when surfing. They're great for when you're driving to another spot and want to even the boat out, but can be detrimental to the wave when used past a weak point of activation.

I think if Mastercraft wants a system to compete with the other big ones, they'll need something different than these types of tabs.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-09-2013, 9:20 PM Reply   
^^ agree with Andrew... I have 18 inch tabs on my boat and when deflected for surfing, it creates a large water hole on that side and suck the surf wake over into it..
Old     (SESanger)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-10-2013, 4:24 AM Reply   
I agree that if MC is creating a "system", it has to go beyond surfing. I actually like the tabs for surfing and have found no holes when in use. I do not know how far you are deploying the tabs, but do not deploy them in full down (if you are). If we are surfing goofy, we drop the port tab down about 50%, leave the starboard side up. Drop the opposite side you are surfing. I have no holes and it cleans the wave up fairly nice and makes it a touch longer.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-10-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
show me !
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-10-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am also privy to some more information:

A couple of bike mechanics from Missouri are currently working on some sort of flying machine. I'm not sure if if works on the theory of an aerofoil or witchcraft.

Needless to say I am skeptical.
I would assume witchcraft, we all know that the xstar doesnt obey the laws of newtonian physics!

or maybe they will start this up again...

except, this time, they are late to the game with a surf system?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-10-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I would assume witchcraft, we all know that the xstar doesnt obey the laws of newtonian physics!

or maybe they will start this up again...

except, this time, they are late to the game with a surf system?
This post makes no sense, are you sure you're not also Robert?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-10-2013, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
This post makes no sense, are you sure you're not also Robert?
dont compare me to robert

maaaaaan, i knew i should have used this video instead....

or this one

I guess i think its funny that mastercraft ragged on all of these other companies and now they are the ones who are behind the game on a "surf system".
Old    DocPhilMD            11-11-2013, 5:09 AM Reply   
They called it a "wake shaping device"

Not a surf system

What that means...I don't know. I know it fits on to the existing actuators. So I think it is more of a wave tweaker than a whole system.

Still have to list the boat I'm sure
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-14-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
funny videos, if they took the time it took to make the videos and put it into there boats, they would sell more boats and would not have to bash there competitors. if this is the best they have to represent the most expensive wakeboard boat on the market, MC should be bankrupt and there management should fire themselves.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-14-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
i think the videos are as clever as their designs.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       11-14-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
Funny 5 years ago when they were made... Old news now..

Any new news on the new MC system..
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
If you seriously care "other than in a positive way" that's a indication that your a serious DOUSCHE!
Weather brand " x " or brand" y"comes out with somthing new or copy'd why does it matter to you a a consumer? Keyboard warriors defending the honor of their beloved brand we are all so laughing at you lol lol
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-18-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
If you seriously care "other than in a positive way" that's a indication that your a serious DOUSCHE!
Weather brand " x " or brand" y"comes out with somthing new or copy'd why does it matter to you a a consumer? Keyboard warriors defending the honor of their beloved brand we are all so laughing at you lol lol
True True...what if nobody copied airbags or seat belts.
Old     (charperimg)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-19-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Straight from MC dealer days down in FL this week...
Attached Images