Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2015, 5:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I am looking to build a boat and trying to chose colors and beside white what colors are the best for water spots, I understand no color will fully mask water spots I just don't want to be washing and waxing it every other week.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-10-2015, 8:03 PM Reply   
Yellow shows up the best on blue water but other bright colors look great too. Most boats are white, black and dark blue so that makes you ordinary. Reds fade faster than most colors.
Black and dark colors get the hottest and show water spots the most. Metal flakes hide water spots, as do some neutrals.

You just have to feel proud of the look of your boat. It costs a lot more than the board shorts or a jacket but you spend time on how those make you feel. Waterspots are not the end of the world if you don't want a beige metal flake hull.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
get what you like, not what i like

but if you really wanna know.... I like blue and white. or tan and black.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-11-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
If you do not plan on wiping down your boat every time you take it out to remove daily waterspots then your new boat will look like crap in just a couple months. It only takes 10 min by yourself or less than 5 min with a friend or two. However, just stay away from dark colors to hide the neglect.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2015, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Hey guys,

I am looking to build a boat and trying to chose colors and beside white what colors are the best for water spots, I understand no color will fully mask water spots I just don't want to be washing and waxing it every other week.
can't believe i missed that. Dude. Wipe down every time you take it out, right after its out of the water. your water spots will etch into the gel coat over time and will become permanent feature of your brand new 100k boat. regardless of color.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
My current boat I do wipe down but it tough to get all of it in a boat lift so I am just trying to avoid taking it out of a lake to wash and wax it a lot I still do it 3 time a season and my season lasts about 4 months.