Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-08-2014, 7:16 PM Reply   
I'm looking at a current model Audi Q7 TDI for my wife. Might use it to tow occasionally. Anyone had any experience with the Q7 or Audi diesel?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-08-2014, 11:22 PM Reply   
No, but my gf loves the Q and I dig them LOL.
Never had experience with that model, but I will tell you my Audi was my favorite vehicle I've had, and will definitely own another.
Mine was taken from me tragically, by a 95yr old man and a telephone pole. Bummer.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-08-2014, 11:47 PM Reply   
I'm in the market for 2011 or newer Q7 TDI. Hard to find used ones. Guess they get picked up and shipped overseas from the West Coast. We might tow in the future.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       09-09-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
No real experience, but we got a 2014 (maybe it was 2013) Q-7 TDI diesel on loan when our A-4 was in for service. It was sick. Good power, quiet, nice of course. But only had it for a day. My wife wants one. I told her if she can find $70k or whatever, go for it!!

Dang, good to know about difficulty to buy them used - that's what my plan would have been.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
Had a V12TDI... Pulled a wakeboard boat pretty good.

Or a jacht, or a sub-marine, or a flight carrier.

We don't have the same standards for pulling a boat as in the USA, but I was compleetly satisfied with the Q7pulling 5000-6000lbs wakeboard boat. This was with a tandem trailer with brakes. Ni problem with handling, braking, +70Mph, hills, what so ever.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-10-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
There was a used 2011 at the local Dealership here this week. May be a place to look. http://www.lewisvillevw.com/Used-Cars-for-Sale

I noticed they do transfer between corporate dealerships (Hendricks cars).
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-11-2014, 11:31 AM Reply   
Update,

We found a loaded 2012 that has everything other than the S package with 19,028 miles. It looks new. Closed the deal at 19K less than the original owner paid. Certified pre owned from Audi with new tires & brakes that were replaced to meet the pre owned cert specs. Plus Audi Care with all services covered to 75K miles and an additional 2 years or 50K miles on top of the 50K bumper to bumper transferable factory warrenty. I'm pretty happy with the deal.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       09-11-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Nice man - congrats! Post a pic when you get a chance so we can drool...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-12-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'll post some next week. It's going through the cert process and detailing now. Have a loaner until then. The gave me a funny look when I asked for an R8 or RS7 for a loaner... Guess the A4 will have to do.
Old     (get_sum)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-13-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
I'm looking into these as well. Could you PM me the price you got? I test drove a Q7 and a Q5 TDI just last week. Just couldn't quite pull the trigger on a new one. But a slightly used one considerably less than new I could get into that.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
^ PM sent
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
Darin, also interested on what kind of deal you got. Did yours come with the adaptive air ride suspension?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
No, on the adaptive air suspension. It’s a stand-alone option that can be added to any trim level. A couple grand for it I think. My mistake, I should have clarified that in my reply above when I said everything but the S package. Only one Q7 in the entire Seattle area had it that I could find in my budget (under 50K 2011-2013) and it was hammered for the miles on it. I would like to have had it but for the type of driving my wife is going to be doing with it I didn't think it was a must have.

Dealer price was 47,990. We got them to knock 5K off to just under 43K. I worked it as a percentage and we finally agreed on 5K or 10% rounded up. Actually I had to leave and wait for the "let’s make a deal" call back. It was a lease return and the price the lease was based on was 63.5K pretax. Almost 20K (pretax, lic, trade, etc) off for 19K miles. Since it was a lease return I probably could have negociated harder but I think it was a fair deal and we're happy with it.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-15-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
Iv'e seen them cheaper but not with less miles. The CPO was pretty important to us too.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2014, 8:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, sounds like you got a great deal. If only I can find a S line w/ air ride out the door under 50k....
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-23-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Good Luck, we hope to take delivery of ours today.