Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
I just took a job at the hospital in Jackson and I am moving in mid July. I'm planning on bringing my '05 Malibu Vride down there with me if I can find a rental that has storage. I don't know anybody in Jackson and will be looking for some people to ride with, my boat or yours.

I looked on maps and see that Comanche and New Hogan are the big lakes nearby, are there any others nearby I should know about?
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
Forget Camanche, Hogan is way better and WAY cheaper (either 30$ or 40$ for an annual pass!)

You'll be close to most of all the central valley lakes, Don Pedro, New Melones, McClure, etc., and you'll have fun figuring out which you like the best!
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-25-2013, 7:00 PM Reply   
Hogan is awesome! We are planning a trip to be there on July 11 - July 14 and we will be staying at the big campground there. You're welcome to stop by if you need a third on your boat! I may also have my boat there.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-27-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Eric is right about Comanche, it is a mud hole with counter clockwise direction, tubers and fishermen everywhere. Drive an extra 20-60 minutes and go to New Malone's, Hogan, Tulloch or McClure. Don Pedro and New Malone's are probably the best choice for clear warm water and not too much havoc.
Congrats on the job.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-27-2013, 11:49 AM Reply   
forget tulloch or camanche if you want to actually ride. Pedro, Malones, Hogan are all great lakes to ride in.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-27-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
Cameron, thanks for the offer but I'll be busy moving that week.

Thanks for the recommendations ill definitely check out Hogan.

Now I just need someone to ride with lol
Old     (pomp530)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-02-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
I'm down to ride with u. Just sold my boat this summer and used to hit hogan all the time.
Old     (199q)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-05-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
Agree with others... Hogan is actually a pretty good lake. It is low this year though. We have a few families that get together there a few times each summer. As long as the wind doesn't whip up it stays pretty nice.

We usually do a ton of boarding there early/late season with wetsuits. It's really calm and not a ton of people out there either. When the water level is high the boat in sites across the lake from the main ramp are great to camp at.

I'll PM you. I also just moved to amador county. (up near pine grove)