Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-26-2015, 5:02 PM Reply   
Wanted to let you know that Southern Surfest in Atlanta at Lake Lanier is only about 90 days away!! The event is looking pretty awesome with 8 2015 surf boats, Nautique G23, Supra SE, Moomba Mojo with new autoflow, Centurion FS33, Supreme S226, both with Quick Surf, Malibu 23 LSV, Axis T23 and one more to be announced. We will have 56+ boards to try out from several board makers and we have a few pro's present during the event to give riding tips. Our open spots are dwindling down so if you are interested it would be recommended to sign up soon. www.southernsurfest.com for more info and to sign up! Thanks.

Last edited by st68; 01-26-2015 at 5:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-10-2015, 6:49 AM Reply   
We just announced the official boat line up for Southern Surfest!! It has turned out to be the battle of the 23' boats!! Awesome line up and all the latest surf technology, all boats are 2015 boats. We will have the Axis T23, Centurion FS33, Malibu 23 LSV, MasterCraft X23 & X20, Moomba Mojo, Nautique G23, Supreme S226, Supra SG and Tige Z3. www.southernsurfest.com There are still a few spots open if anyone is interested.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 9.05.45 AM.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  53.0 KB
Old     (Expedite03)      Join Date: Dec 2014       02-10-2015, 9:43 AM Reply   
Looking forward to it. We are staying in the "cabin"
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-10-2015, 3:31 PM Reply   
That's a heavy hitting lineup. Sounds like y'all are going to have a good time!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-11-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
Very cool.. this may be the first time a Supreme was sighted on Lanier.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-11-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
Just booked my ticket. Likely staying in the "cabin" as well.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       02-12-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
That looks like a sick line up...hmmmm... How many people per boat during testing?
Old     (LouZahr)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-12-2015, 9:18 AM Reply   
Greeko - I was there last year, if I remember correctly we had 3 or 4 people in the boat. I was grouped with other Goofy riders. This year they said we might be able to ride with friends that are not all goofy or regular as all but one boat has a quick switch system. They limit the attendees so that you get about 15 minutes behind each boat. Trust me that is enough time as day one is completed you are tired.
It is a great time to try out different boats and numerous boards! Plus everyone is extremely nice and accommodating.
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-12-2015, 2:06 PM Reply   
LouZahr is spot on!! This year we are actually expanding the number of riding sessions to 10 because the boat makers really want to be in the event... there will be 4 riders per boat and we probably don't need to split goofy and regular riders because of what LouZahr said. You get 15 minutes of riding time per boat. There will be 6 riding sessions and 4 sessions on Sunday. It is a ton of riding... many got really tired and didn't finish last year, we hope to boost the nutrition intake this year to help everyone get through it. This is truly a unique event where you get to demo over $1 Million of equipment without the sales pressure of showing interest in a boat or board. None of us organizers sell boats or boards and are committed to an unbiased/no pressure environment for the event. If you have never done this then you are really missing a great opportunity. We love seeing the smiles on everyone's faces when they first realize what they have gotten themselves into. It is many cookies on the shelves over the course of 2 days. One other item we are adding this year is to offer 1 hour lessons during the event to anyone who has never wakesurfed or who is a very beginner wakesurfer. We hope to expand the sport through this and offer an alternative to anyone who doesn't feel like they are ready for the 10 full riding sessions. We are down to the last few spots that are still open so if you are considering coming to Atlanta then I would recommend deciding soon!!
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-14-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
I'm so pumped, my wife surprised me for valentines day and registered me for the event!!!! Either she just loves me that much or just wants me to pull the trigger and buy a boat soon I'm really looking forward to going!!!