Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       09-04-2021, 3:53 PM Reply   
So I'm looking at buying my first boat for under 25k and I've narrowed it down to these 5 brands and now I need some help to narrow it down more:

1996 Malibu Sunsetter VLX
1998-1999 Mastercraft X-Star
2002 Moomba Mobius LSV
1995-1998 Super Sport Nautique or a 1999 Super Air Nautique
1996-2002 Sanger V210
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2021, 9:32 PM Reply   
What are you mostly trying to do with the boat? Wakeboarding? Surfing? Those will all be good boats, some maybe better than others depending on what you want to do with it and what you’re using it for. We have an 07 Supreme, my brothers have an 05 Malibu and an 06 Supra, when you’re looking at boats that old the most important thing to look at IMO is hours, condition, and how well they’ve been taken care of, more so than any particular make. Also in older boats options like perfect pass and plumbed in ballast would be important to me, and not all boats have them in those years compared to nowadays.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-05-2021, 10:33 AM Reply   
1999 san!!!!! If it is a v-drive.

Last edited by broncofan; 09-05-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2021, 5:17 AM Reply   
Is there a reason you are into those specific models and years? A 99' Xstar and a 00' Xstar are the same boat except for the addition of the wraparound seating on the port side, etc. Have you already found those boats near you in that price range?
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-07-2021, 9:54 AM Reply   
With this market and your price point you buy the best condition and we’ll maintained boat you can find.

I am in the same price point and haven’t found much for good looking boats. All the ones I think that are worth 25k have a 35k asking price.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-08-2021, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
With this market and your price point you buy the best condition and we’ll maintained boat you can find.

I am in the same price point and haven’t found much for good looking boats. All the ones I think that are worth 25k have a 35k asking price.
this.