Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-02-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
So I took my tower off and am planning on having 8" post machined for me that I'm mounting behind the rear seat of my boat for my rev 10's. The question I have is the TC-3 mounted horizontally gonna give me problems being the swivel will be up and down instead of right and left,will it hold or will it continuously slip out of position in which case I'll have my brackets fabricated with a 3" 90 degree angle to mount the the clamp vertically. Any thoughts?anyone running them horizontally?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-02-2016, 8:03 AM Reply   
You will be fine. They are designed to be mounted any direction.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-02-2016, 8:08 AM Reply   
So you're guaranteeing me? Lol I'd hate to hit chop and have my speakers constantly slipping down out of position. But on the other hand it will be cheaper and cleaner to not have to have a 90 on the post.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-02-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
We have tons of guys on Malibu with swivel bases mounted sideways and they are fine. It does put more stress mounting that way but we designed them to be able to mount any direction. As we know our products will be used in many different applications over many different markets

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   
3 seasons with no negative feedback

2 seasons no issue indicated
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-02-2016, 8:01 PM Reply   
I'll also add that I mount these on side by sides in the same fashion. That's a lot of stress bouncing through trails and mud....... It's proven and it works!