Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Now the photos are not near WCW status but Central Cal is riding this January too!! We even got a new rider up!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Oh & the new Transcend is dope! Fast, edgy and forgiving.
Old    walt            01-18-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Not a bad day is right. Looks really nice !
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-18-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
that lake looks really low. how much below norm is it? must be nice to ride in Jan. lakes still have ice on them around here
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-18-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
That wake looks huge in the third pic. What kind of boat?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the invite man! That's it, your banned from Bako Paradise.

Looks like it was fun by all. Next time, you just make sure to call me up!

Riding tomorrow by chance?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
Sorry B! It was a last minute thing with my buddy Forrest.

The lake is incredibly low. They are doing a couple projects on the dam and keeping it close to minimum pool. I'd say she's about 80 vertical feet down.

The boat is an '05 V-ride with a fair amount of weight.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-25-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
Stephan,
I was looking at pic number two where you are edging into the wake. I'm guessing at or around 23 mph.
Look at that wake.
Now look at you behind my boat, same speed last summer.

Who's got the sick wake, the Malibu or the Moomba?

Upload
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-25-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
Malibu
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
^^the shot above is a very good one! nice wake
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-25-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Nick,
If I handn't told you what the two brands of boat were, you or anyone clearly would have chosen the summer picture wake. Its wayyyy better.
The pictures of the girl riding the wake looks like a monster wake but thats due to a speed of about 20 mph or less.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yo Brent, see you Friday for Reese's party?

I wouldn't say the Moomba is way better, just different. You can't tell a wake by a picture. Either way I'll ride it and have fun behind it.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-25-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
Yes, I will be at the party. That girl throws a party huh!!!

I guess I am Moomba Mobius blind, I always see our wake as perfectly sculptured and chiseled to perfection, right down to the last butt scooting left or right for that final detail.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-25-2009, 11:21 PM Reply   
Brent, I was just giving you a hard time. Your wake is money man. Ride hard for me while I am stuck in these painful subzero temps...
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-26-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
Brent how do you have that loaded? It looks good, I have an 07 LSV and I don't think I have gotten it quite like that yet.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-26-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Jeff here is how you should weight your boat.

In an 07 LSV put a 400 in the middle of the back seat, a 750 up the middle of the boat. and a 400 in the bow, then put 5-7 people in the boat and it will be mackin!

If you don't have 5-7 people. Instead of putting the 400 on the back seat, put 2 400's one in each back compartment. Move the Wedge to the "W" in wake size on the dial.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-26-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Stephen, Forrest Evans? Tell him I said What up next time you see him. He bought Caitlin's Vride right?
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-26-2009, 11:11 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff,
I have two sacks in the stern, 400's on each side of the motor. I have a 600 in the ski locker and a 540 Launch recliner in the walkway on top of the ski locker and I have a 300 in front of that Launch in the nose of the boat.
I always have a full tank of gas. (I'm not being cocky, its just as cheap to keep it full as keep it half full. Think about it.)

800 lb in the rear alongside a very heavy V8
1440 lb forward of the center
The Mobius seems to like this set up. I have tried everything and had lots of expert opinons. Ha Ha.
I found that the Mobius tends to porpoise when you start adding the weight. Especially when you are heading into a mild wind. I started loading the front to eliminate that porpoise effect and wow, the wake started taking a real nice shape.
With the wake plate I can go real round for beginners or lippy for the nuts like Stephen and Shawn.
Let me know if it works for you.
Ohh, get yourself a Tsunami 1200 pump, I can fill all the non-plumbed bags in about ten minutes.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-27-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
Jason, the very same. We rock that V-ride all the time!! Forrest keeps the thing immaculate. Hit us up if you ever visit your alma mater.

Since this thread has lasted far longer than I ever imagined I'll throw up one more pic of our little lake in somewhat happier(ie. more full) times.
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-27-2009, 12:05 AM Reply   
Stephan,
Cant sleep either??
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
Yeah I usually run about 1k in the nose.basically from the walkway forward. and the stock 400's on the side of the motor with another 300 in lead towards the back.

But I just picked up a 1k triangle bow sac so that free's up a bunch of pop bags and a couple sac's.

Got to get a picture of the boat for the how low can you go thread LOL

Riley my boat is a Moomba LSV. I talked with you at OFF AXIS Saturday. Sweet pic's by the way you dropped off.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-27-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
DUH.

Nice meeting ya man! If you're ever looking for a third at the spot you and I know and love hit me up!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
For sure.... I noticed the water came up a bit in the river. Not nearly enough but a couple feet, Lets hope it's still there this weekend.