Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
We recently got a 2008 malibu 247 and one of the only things by dad didn't like too much was the carpet throughout the boat instead of fiberglass (like in out runabout). He showed me an ad for seadek and I always thought of using it for only small areas like platforms, but is it possible to get it throughout the entire boat? If not are there similar brands that you could replace the carpet with?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 1:02 PM Reply   
It's a custom order, but yes you can. They even have it on their main page as replacement for carpet in boats.

Contact them to see about a quote for your Bu.
Old     (rayatrogue)      Join Date: May 2013       03-17-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
you can buy up peel n' stick sheets of EVA foam decking at Agendasurf.com

http://agendasurf.com/dir/shop/boats...-traction.html
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-17-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
Sea-Dek, Hydr-turf and maybe a few new ones. It will be the best mod you ever do! Get the 3M peel and stick variety, don't bother with the glue. It is fairly easy to shape if you want to DIY, but some of the custom floors are sculpted with in-lays, if that is what you want.
Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
Great I will look into those. Does anyone know a rough estimate for this to be done DIY? I could not find a price online so I emailed them, but I was just wondering if any of you have experience with the prices of this. Not necessarily Malibu, but any wakeboat similar. Thanks
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-17-2014, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
Sea-Dek, Hydr-turf and maybe a few new ones. It will be the best mod you ever do! Get the 3M peel and stick variety, don't bother with the glue. It is fairly easy to shape if you want to DIY, but some of the custom floors are sculpted with in-lays, if that is what you want.
Hey Frank.. how flexible is it for forming around curves? I have been thinking about doing SeaDeck and I want to do the inside of my lockers as well. I have a pickle fork so inside the front lockers I have curvature in the bottom of the hull (where the pickles transition into the bow... hope that makes sense) is the stuff like Seadeck pretty flexible?

Thanks
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-17-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
how flexible is it for forming around curves? I have been thinking about doing SeaDeck and I want to do the inside of my lockers as well. I have a pickle fork so inside the front lockers I have curvature in the bottom of the hull (where the pickles transition into the bow... hope that makes sense) is the stuff like Seadeck pretty flexible?
It will go around radius turns. Sharp turns are better to cut. Look on eBay or go to the sellers main site. You can buy large sheets and with a cardboard template you can get a very good fit. My boat came with it from the factory in 07. I keep saying I am going to replace mine, but it still looks pretty good. After my neighbour rode in my boat, he installed it in his boat, and he put it in his new 24 footer last year.
Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-18-2014, 3:01 AM Reply   
Do you know roughly what it costed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free