Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-28-2017, 7:12 AM Reply   
Hi guys have any of you used Boatpluglight (Diablo Royale) cust service ? I bought a simple boat plug light and the wiring is falling apart and it is supposed to have a lifetime warranty . Ive been getting the run around from them for almost 3 weeks .If you call they don't answer the phone the answering machine says to text the customer service number . NO REPLY here is how it started.

1 emailed and asked about warranty
2 They asked for picture
3 emailed picture
4 few days go by and I emailed and asked where we stand with warranty
4 They emailed back and said it was sent
5 week goes by and no light delivered so emailed again to ask for tracking as I was getting worried
6 They reply saying they have no record of our exchange ask for name
7 send info again
8 they reply they have no record
9 I send screen shots of all email correspondence . Including the original invoice
10 CRICKETS

I made a comment on one of their facebook posts asking WTF is the issue . I'm about to write them off and blast this crap all over their FB page . I've asked for a phone call numerous times I've provided all I can to facilitate the warranty process and now its almost too late for me to even get the damn thing before our almost 2 week long trip . I shouldnt let this stuff bother me but I hate when companys dont stand behind there products and just run you around .
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
I ordered a light from them and did the expedited shipping. It took about 3 weeks for the light to come in. I got the bluetooth rgb 8k lumens drain plug. The light works great and I love it. For some reason the Bluetooth module is connecting to my phone but not the app. It came with a remote so I am just using the remote. Neither the remote or the Bluetooth module have a range farther than a couple of feet though. I just added more wiring and mounted the resistor and Bluetooth module under the dash. But anyways maybe they are just stretched to thin over there to provide great customer service. Hope they make it right. Maybe you could splice the wires or something so you can use it in the meantime?
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
call the Better Business Bureau that will fix every thing
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
What is it with the Underwater boat light people. j/k remember that Underwater boat light guy out of Florida with the H2 hummer. Omg that was a funny thread. But back to your question. I thought that the guy your talking about is a Nor Cal local company, hopefully they will get back with you. They had a big get together this weekend at lake tulloch possibly still hung over? LOL.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-28-2017, 1:03 PM Reply   
I've seen quite a few complaints about the boat-plug light guys' customer service on a few of the forums that sound similar to your experience. The whole texting for customer service would drive me nuts. Hope you get it resolved.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-28-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
So far today still no response . The company is in Texas . Im so frustrated with getting the run around at this point id throw the damn thing through there front window if were actually in nocal lol I hate shady business
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-29-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
UPDATE : I finally got frustrated with the lack of correspondence from BoatPlugLight and posted a negative post on the The Hull Truth forum and within 1 hour I got a text asking if I'm the one that posted on The Hull Truth . Apparently the negative news got there attention real quick . Still they are not very friendly and have a crappy way of communicating but they said they shipped my light and I'll have it in time for my trip . I will be sure to let WW know as soon as it arrives .
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-29-2017, 11:29 AM Reply   
UPDATE : Got tracking and a packing list they sent the wrong color light . I ordered had a blue one and they sent a red one .