Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
So here is what I started with and day one of demo. I'm looking a putting in a round shower with a pan. My question is around tile. I've always used a circular saw when cutting tile and never seen a band saw? How would I do the tile around the round part of the shower? I figured id start on Ww before going to the bob Vella forum.

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
Use a 4" or 4-1/2" angle grinder and a diamond wheel... Take your time.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
http://m.homedepot.com/p/MAAX-Intuit...103/204373030/

That's the shower I'm going to install.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
Aaron so it can be done?
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-03-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
4.5" Die grinder with a good blade, easy peasy.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       11-04-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
LOL .... asking Wakeworld for advice on construction.,... This should get good
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-04-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
If this is the shower you plan to install that is a shower base so cutting tile in a circular/round edge would only need to be done for around your pipes protruding from the wall. Correct me if I am not understanding but in any case most people use a 4" grinder with a diamond blade or you can mark your holes and use a hole saw also found at depot if near a joint you can use the tile saw and cut fingers multiple lines at the depth of the circle and knock them out or use the saw to smooth the curved edge carefully. Also they may sell nibblers which are a type of plier that is horizontal and can cut through the tile these are not always that great.

I hope that helps
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-04-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
That Home Depot picture makes it look like the floor tile would go under the outside rim of the shower. If so then you wouldn't need a clean curved cut.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2014, 4:46 PM Reply   
why wouldn't you want to put the shower base on top of the tile floor
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2014, 10:41 PM Reply   
^^^ yep. Pan goes on top of the floor. Might also want to consider placing the pan on a mortar bed when you set it to fill in the voids. That way, you don't risk stepping through your unsupported fiberglass pan after a few years of wear and tear. $10 in mortar now can save hundreds in the future if that pan were to crack.