Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-24-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
I bought a used Hi-Tide cable lift that was set up for a I/O. What size bunks should I get for my 05' Centurion Enzo sv230? I planned on using the trailer as a guide but is someone can suggest a spacing for the bunks that would be helpful. I also don't know if the bunk brackets are correct. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-24-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
I build docks, boathouses and sell and install boat lifts. I usually look at the boat sitting on the trailer and then decide on where (what spacing) would work best. Deeper part of the hull spaced equally from the center of the hull and near spines in the hull. You also need to make sure your bunks are tall enough to get your shaft will miss the rear Ibeam. 2" x10" may be a better choice than the 2" x 6" or 2" x 8" in your picture. You need the back 1/4 (not including the swim platform) to hang over the rear beam
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-24-2017, 1:04 PM Reply   
John, Thanks for the help. I was thinking I would use 2x12 but will measure the tracking fins and prop to see how much clearance I need. I was also thinking about doubling up the 2x12 on each side, do you think that is necessary?

When lining the boat up you said the back 1/4 needs to be hanging over the rear beam? Does that mean I want the prop about centered over the rear beam?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but we just bought the lake house, I totally gutted it and remodeled, moved in last June. This is my first lake house and first boat lift.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-25-2017, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
John, Thanks for the help. I was thinking I would use 2x12 but will measure the tracking fins and prop to see how much clearance I need. I was also thinking about doubling up the 2x12 on each side, do you think that is necessary?

When lining the boat up you said the back 1/4 needs to be hanging over the rear beam? Does that mean I want the prop about centered over the rear beam?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but we just bought the lake house, I totally gutted it and remodeled, moved in last June. This is my first lake house and first boat lift.

Doubling your bunks won't hurt a thing. I would need to look at your bout to see exactly where your prop would be. I have a 22' Vdrive and my rear beam is just ahead of the motor box. The reason being the weight of the motor makes the boat heavier in the back.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-08-2017, 3:30 PM Reply   
Could someone take a picture of the bunks on their lift? The way I measure it I need 16"-18" above the beam. If that is accurate I will need different brackets because a 2x12 will not give me enough clearance unless I can move it up at least 2".
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-10-2017, 7:14 AM Reply   
You can stack a 2" x 6" on top of the 2" x 12" and cut several 2" x 4"'s to run vertically between the two boards and hold them together.