Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-18-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
I can't even remember the last time I wakesurfed listed. It had to be the very beginning of the season, and limited at that. The rest of this year has all been with a surf system on all the boats I've ridden this year. No list, evenly weighted, great wake.
If you've only seen listed surfing, you sure have missed a lot in recent years.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-18-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Never seen wake surfing in a straight line always listed.
Are you saying a listed boat can't drive in a straight line? We try to find water to pull straight for board or surf but, I have seen some people that drive in a circle when surfing. We always thought they were just NASCAR fans. Betta make a left...
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-18-2014, 1:10 PM Reply   
I dunno assumed listed is a constant turn right?? I'm not scared to get hurt I still wakeboard and skate! If your scared go to church! Sweet baby Jesus will forgive all your sins.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-18-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
If your lucky a priest will touch your pecker!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-18-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
We surf slammed to the rub rail listed and in a straight line, so I have no idea where you are coming from?? Yes there are idiots that pull in a circle, but thats just newbies that have no idea what they are doing, surf systems are great for the paranoid people that dont want to list their boat, which is fine with me, but in reality.... there is no replacement for displacement. My Avalanche has been slammed to the rub rails for the last 8 years, and I have not even came close to sinking it. Yes its more comfortable in the boat when your not leaning, but i don't really give a hoot if your comfortable or not, thats just how we roll, Listed and Slammed........
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
No Red, when driving listed there is no need to turn. You can run straight as an arrow.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-18-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
I dunno assumed listed is a constant turn right?? I'm not scared to get hurt I still wakeboard and skate! If your scared go to church! Sweet baby Jesus will forgive all your sins.
Assumed???

When you get your own boat you'll figure it out.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       09-18-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Assumed???

When you get your own boat you'll figure it out.
No, he doesn't need a boat. He's just going to walk on water and tell every one surfing to quit messing up his glass .... I would love for some A$$ Hat to come tell me to leave an area that I was in first... LMFAO
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-18-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
Exactly!never surfed never will! When I'm scared to get hurt I'll quit jumping. You can ride all day without falling or come even close to getting hurt,unless your skill less surfer and don't have the energy to hang on the rope like a man.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-18-2014, 5:23 PM Reply   
Surfing basically means your either fat or weak
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-18-2014, 7:51 PM Reply   
Phantom we are surfing this weekend if you have only surfed a surf system boat you are missing out . We run listed and slammed and no surf system wave is in the same class. You are welcome to come out for a pull and see for yourself. Putting in at 10th St early AM to steal all the butter LMAO
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2014, 7:12 AM Reply   
Fat or weak! LOL! Now you're just trying too hard to be funny...

This guy must be both...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
Red, has got to be Jetranger LOL, those are some of the dumbest statements I've seen on WW!
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-19-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
^ video proof that a surf session will clear the lake of boats [sarc]
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-19-2014, 5:06 PM Reply   
Seriously though surfing is slow lame and boring. 70 year olds can do it!!!
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-19-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Phantom we are surfing this weekend if you have only surfed a surf system boat you are missing out . We run listed and slammed and no surf system wave is in the same class. You are welcome to come out for a pull and see for yourself. Putting in at 10th St early AM to steal all the butter LMAO
Sent you a PM.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-19-2014, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Fat or weak! LOL! Now you're just trying too hard to be funny...

This guy must be both...
If even 1% of the surfers I see on the lake could do just one trick from that video, we would all have to eat our words when we make fun of wakesurfing as being for fat old guys.
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-19-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seriously though surfing is slow lame and boring. 70 year olds can do it!!!
Now you're just trolling. Show me a video of a 70yr old who can do half the trick.

You said when you scared to get hurt you'll stop jumping on your wakeboard and just cruise? That's more boring than watching a paint dry
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-20-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
my biggest problem with this activity is that it f's up the whole lake. my second biggest problem is the name and the people that refer to their boat's wake as a wave. it's a clever marketing ploy to make all the lamo's out there standing behind their boat, going 8MPH, and chugging a beer feel justified calling themselves "surfers". if they changed the name to "slow skurfing without foot straps" or "wake standing" i think i could live with it...as long as it was done between the hours of 2 and 4PM...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
If even 1% of the surfers I see on the lake could do just one trick from that video, we would all have to eat our words when we make fun of wakesurfing as being for fat old guys.
Interesting...so what you are implying there is that it's not as easy as some on this thread have claimed. A kickflip? It's so easy that everyone can do it. It's easy to surf and not do any real tricks just like wakeboarding is easy to just go and forth across the wake or make cuts out in the flats but as soon as you start doing actual tricks, it becomes difficult.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
Pro practice session - since it's so easy, this is a Pro but I'm sure someone like Redhead wouldn't have any issues riding like this since it's an easy sport and anyone can do it.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2014, 8:40 AM Reply   
the assertion that it is easy is in relation to other water sports and is based off of three criteria:

1) it is not SURFING, it is WAKEsurfing. pick up any surfing mag and you will not see a wakeboat in any of the pictures. 99% of the goobers that WAKEsurf would not be able to paddle out, catch a wave, or surf it. all of the videos posted/referenced in this thread are labeled WAKEsurfing. even when i do it behind the boat, i dont tell my friends that i went surfing.
2) at the beginner level, most people can be taught to stand in the pocket and cut the umbilical cord in just a couple of tries (or maybe it is my insane coaching skill). compared to teaching a beginner to stand on a wakeboard, teaching the correct body position to just stand on the wakeboard is much more time and skill intensive. of course, all things at the advanced level require skill. I liken WAKEsurfing to being bipedal...its as easy to do as walking, but to use your feet the way Usain Bolt or Cristiano Ronaldo does take skill that us mere mortals dont have.
3) its easy to take it up as a pastime because the physical risks and toll are less demanding than every other watersport, toobing included. there are almost zero penalties for sucking and for not advancing. even if you are advanced, goofing off on a WAKEsurfer doesnt have a fraction of the penalty of goofing off on barefeet, slalom, trick, jumpers, wakeboards, wakeskates, hydrofoils, or toobs.

Last edited by tdc_worm; 09-20-2014 at 8:44 AM.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
just thought of another reason the two cannot coexist, even if everyone is trying to be super respectful of water/lines that has been "turfed."

at 21-25 mph, a wakeboarder and his boat cover a lot of water quickly. between waiting for the boat to get on plane, doing a couple of warm up jumps from both sides of the wake, and building up to trying new tricks, a wakeboat could easily move a mile in one direction before the rider falls or there is a need to turn around.

in that time, a WAKEsurfer could easily encroach on water that a wakeboarder had previously had all to himself and electively "vacated." and at 10-13 mph, many more WAKEsurfers can fit into the same stretch of water.

nobody's wrong in the scenario...its just the way it is.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-20-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
I don't know how I keep getting trolled back into this thread.
1. I can teach someone to get up on a wakeboard and cut back and forth with a couple of tries. Yes you can get up on a surf board but to go ropeless takes longer to learn than just standing on a wakeboard and I don't count it as surfing unless it's ropeless.
2. I love the water and the time with my family. My day revolves around my kids and if i can get a surf season at the end of the day I'm happy.
3. Like I already said. Why don't all you hardcore progressive wakeboarders grow up and move to a bigger lake where you don't have these issues. Never a problem on the lakes I'm on.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-20-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
I am willing to bet that none of these diehard wakeboarders even have a boat that throws up a wave to surf on. And yes i call it surfing. Pretty sure a wave is a wave no matter how it is formed. I have surfed the ocean and now surf behind my boat. It's allot harder than it looks.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-20-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
you can call it whatever you want...but, that doesn't change what it is...
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
I don't know how I keep getting trolled back into this thread.
1. I can teach someone to get up on a wakeboard and cut back and forth with a couple of tries. Yes you can get up on a surf board but to go ropeless takes longer to learn than just standing on a wakeboard and I don't count it as surfing unless it's ropeless.
2. I love the water and the time with my family. My day revolves around my kids and if i can get a surf season at the end of the day I'm happy.
3. Like I already said. Why don't all you hardcore progressive wakeboarders grow up and move to a bigger lake where you don't have these issues. Never a problem on the lakes I'm on.
i think you keep getting "trolled" back in to this thread because we all have a dog in this fight...and most likely our experiences are vastly different.

1. you are likely a master at teaching wakeboarding, and i must be a master at teaching surfing, haha. if find that, without, constant repetition, teaching an absolute beginner the correct body position, especially toeside, takes more than one afternoon. i can teach a true beginner to wakesurf and cut the umbilical cord usually by the third try in the same session.
2. we should all strive for that. its likely that our waterways, access and experiences are quite different. my main body of water is a 22 mile dammed river that is smack in the middle of a 1m person city with a super healthy economy (seems like every other boat is a new g23 or 25) that participates in watersports 10 months out of the year. my secondary body of water (which I prefer) has 270 miles of shoreline, but is 50 feet below normal due to drought. there is no ramp access. that crowds my main access point to a level that few can fathom. by 10am on my lake, you can expect 3 foot rollers for most of its length that wont even let you go fast enough to cruise on plane. you cant even relax and swim with engine off as you are getting rocked in to shorelines and docks by wakesurf rollers.
3. that was a childish thing to say. i dont care what people like. nobody is right or wrong in this conversation. there is one certainty, however: in this thread, zero wakesurfers have opined that wakeboarders have a negative impact on their activity. many wakeboarders have opined the opposite that wakesurfers have had a negative impact on wakeboarding. i have been standing sideways at the end of a long line since before skurfers had heel straps. i have had several surgeries and torn ligaments. i am not risk averse. i ride motocross and downhill mountain bikes. i am approaching 40 and still have a halfpipe in my backyard. i have income insurance to protect myself if i do get injured again. the one sport that i have stopped is wakeboarding, and its not because i am not physically or financially capable. that decision is based solely on what wakeboarding has done to my access to smooth water....and I know, barefooters can same the same thing about wakebaording. flat water sports are the losers in this, and it is neither who is right or wrong...
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2014, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockballer View Post
I am willing to bet that none of these diehard wakeboarders even have a boat that throws up a wave to surf on. And yes i call it surfing. Pretty sure a wave is a wave no matter how it is formed. I have surfed the ocean and now surf behind my boat. It's allot harder than it looks.
i am one of those diehards. my 236 has 750s in each locker, and arrow head sack in the bellow, and a v sack in the bow. when i want to slam it for surfing, i run the surf side ballast, the arrowhead a 400 across the floor, and another 400 on the surf side seat. we are closei typically run 12.5-12.7mph and the hydrogate is useless at that point. the only boat that i have seen that throws a better wake is the Centuraion Enzo (and that includes the G boats). so my n of 1 renders your "none" comment inaccurate.

we can agree that surfing is definitely harder than it looks, and way harder than wakesurfing haha. but i am certainly not going to stand in front of Bruce Irons and claim that i am a "surfer" or that i "surf" when a boat pulls me in to a 2.5ft constant wave haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
you can call it whatever you want...but, that doesn't change what it is...
that is hilarial, and true.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
all you wake standers should pick up the latest copy of alliance and read what scott bouchard has to say about wake surfing..."wake surfing is fun as a hobby, but not a sport. there is not enough of a risk versus reward factor to make it a sport. surfers compete in conditions that you are trying to survive in as well as rip. paddle out a pipeline, cloud break, or Teahupo'o and if you make it back to the beach you will see what i mean....that's something you can't teach behind the boat since it's a gutless soft little wave that you can't even do a proper bottom turn on....it will just be hard for boat surfers to ever get respect from the core boardsport community since there is no real consequences on a two foot boat wake!"
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-21-2014, 6:31 AM Reply   
correct its a hobby, just like wake boarding, not a sport, give it up. its ok, you will be ok, its not a sport, its a hobby. All water activities are not sports, we want them to be, but in reality, its a hobby, The general population (if asked on a questionnaire) would not even know what wake boarding is. lol
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-21-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
Main article: Surface water sports
Barefoot skiing is waterskiing with no skis
Boating is the use of boats
Boat racing is the use of powerboats to participate in races
Bodyboarding is similar to surfing, but the board is smaller and the person (normally) lies down on the board
Cable skiing is similar to wake boarding but with cables for artificial maneuvering
Canoeing
Canoe polo
Dragon Boat Racing teams of 20 paddlers racing
Fishing is the recreation and sport of catching fish
Flowriding
Inflatable Water Park
Jet Skiing
Kayaking
Kiteboating
Kitesurfing on flat water using a kite for propulsion
Parasailing where a person is towed behind a vehicle (usually a boat) while attached to a parachute
Picigin, kicking around a small ball on shallow waters.
Rafting
Rowing
Sailing using the wind for propulsion
Sit-down hydrofoiling is riding on the water with a hydrofoil attached to a ski
Skimboarding is a boardsport in which a board is used to ride on an incoming wave
Skurfing is where the participant "skurfs" behind a boat on a surfboard
Stand up paddle surfing a surf style board with a paddle, used in flatwater or waves
Surfing downhill on ocean waves or artificial waves in a wave pool
Wakeboarding is similar to water skiing, but using only one board attached to the feet
Wakeskating is similar to wakeboarding, but the board is not attached to the feet
Wakesurfing is a mix between wakeboarding and surfing
Waterskiing is using skis to slide over the water while being pulled by a boat or other device
White water rafting
Windsurfing on flat water using wind for propulsion in combination with sails
Yachting sailing on yachts, daysailing, cruising or Yacht racing

Thank god canoeing is a watersport, and fishing, and daysailing, and soon there will be a stand up paddle board competition, HAHAHA LOOK canoe polo probably ranks higher and most people know what a canoe is..
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-21-2014, 7:47 AM Reply   
On the lake we go to, there are very few surfers. I would say 10 to 1 ratio wake boarders to surfers. And I would say more than 1/2 the wake boarders are behind I/O's.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-21-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
all you wake standers should pick up the latest copy of alliance and read what scott bouchard has to say about wake surfing..."wake surfing is fun as a hobby, but not a sport. there is not enough of a risk versus reward factor to make it a sport. surfers compete in conditions that you are trying to survive in as well as rip. paddle out a pipeline, cloud break, or Teahupo'o and if you make it back to the beach you will see what i mean....that's something you can't teach behind the boat since it's a gutless soft little wave that you can't even do a proper bottom turn on....it will just be hard for boat surfers to ever get respect from the core boardsport community since there is no real consequences on a two foot boat wake!"
Next your going to tell us synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics are not true sports.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-21-2014, 3:57 PM Reply   
Dang surf boat screwed the lake up for the real boaters again today.
Attached Images

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-21-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
on a side note, came off the lake to grab a burger and on fox sports specials there was a competition for paddle board surfing/marathon. Anyways, i watched for about 20 min and the announcers where saying how its taking over surfing, it can be done all over the coast instead of just good wave areas, and they believe will generate a lot more revenue due to more individuals being able to compete. Now i think paddle boarding is an activity. Now i am sure most wake boarders ( and i wakeboard) would consider canoeing and paddle boarding extreme sports? right?

Funny thing, about this thread, its true, boat builders are worried about revenue too, and they see where the money is and they are going after it, and it must not be wake boarders. Looks like surfing. Now I don't know if thats true or not, and I do both, but I can't help but wonder why most wake boarders (that are not trying to "Compete" just buy I/o's and cut the costs) being, all other activities (oh, sorry sports) are lame. that would make the most sense and you can wake board behind any boat. It may lower the cost of Vdrives, maybe even start a trend (a new sport, with specific I/O requirements to compete)
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
I love to SURF behind the 2005VLX I Bought because of its SURFING capabilities. We wakeboard first and then we Surf behind the boat on the wave that the boat creates. All of the wakeboarders(some wakeboarding for over ten years) Like Surfing behind the boat, I Love Surfing and being On the water! I learned how to Surf on the Flowrider, this was not EASY, Most salt water surfers CANNOT surf on the flowrider!, so they say its not surfing, but its More difficult than surfing! At this point I could easily ride my board on the flowrider for 20 minutes(and you think wakeboarding is hard?) Try riding the flowrider for just 5 minutes. I would rather go to the flowrider in Kissimmee than to go to a simulated wakeboard cable park, if I could not get out on the boat for wakeboarding/surfing. I had a video of me surfing behind the jet ski on another thread which lasted about 5 seconds, which is about the same time salt water surfers are riding their wave, it was not fun, I love Surfing the endless wave behind the boat! Then, we get put down because we cannot paddle into a wave? I have been landlocked all my life, I don't pretend that I can paddle into a wave, but I know that I can be pulled into a wave with a waverunner! and being pulled behind the jet ski is probably just as fun as riding the actual wave, so, if anyone is on the East Coast of Florida, around Cocoa Beach, who would like to try some pull-in surfing, send me a pm. There has got to be some breaks out there that people don't have access to except by boat, which a waverunner would have no problem getting to.
I will wakeboard until I can no longer wakeboard and I hope that I will be surfing when I am 70.
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-21-2014, 9:24 PM Reply   
maybe to make it more interesting and difficult someone should actually try paddling into the wave behind the boat. i'd love to see that actually, would be pretty cool.

i'd try it, but i cant even paddle into a wave on the beach, and my boat is an I/O so no surfing for me behind mine.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-21-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
I've done it laying on my stomach and holding the rope, then once I've caught the wave, ditch the rope and then finally stand up to wake surf. That's not quite the same as paddling into the wave, but close. I don't think you could use a standard wake surf board to paddle into the wake and hope to catch the wave. Ocean surfboards are as large as they are not to ride the wave but so you can paddle them fast enough to catch the wave. Wakesurf boards are small with little flotation (especially skim boards) because of the rope start instead of a paddle start. You might be able to paddle in using a longboard.

Or there is this on SUPs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbKJ93SLIUM

I think I also saw a youtube of somebody catching a boat wake on a kayak, which also looked like it would be fun.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2014, 1:30 AM Reply   
Red is like a nasty, toxic filler in the burrito of a wakeworld thread.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2014, 6:37 AM Reply   
Here, you wakeboarders can have glass 24x7:
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       09-22-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeboarder View Post
maybe to make it more interesting and difficult someone should actually try paddling into the wave behind the boat. i'd love to see that actually, would be pretty cool.

i'd try it, but i cant even paddle into a wave on the beach, and my boat is an I/O so no surfing for me behind mine.
There is a video on here somewhere in the wake surfing section of a kid paddling into the wave and making it up. I have had several riders lay down on the board and stand back up ropeless.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-22-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
I don't really care what other people do as long as you aren't a jackass........but for myself if all I could do was surf, I'd sell my boat. I have been jacked up this year from a knee injury and have surfed more than WB'd for the fact of wanting to do something when out on the water. I just can't get into it as a main sport. Something to do when the water is jacked or when tired, sure, but I wouldn't load the boat and rice to the lake just to wakesurf.............
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-22-2014, 1:53 PM Reply   
This is funnier every day! Most here don't care what you do, or hate what others do! Everyone just wants to be on the water and enjoy themselves and have fun! Don't hate on others just cause you think you are entitled to have the lake to yourself. Whether you Wakesurf, Wakeboard, Wakeskate, Etc, Etc, Etc, we are all just trying to do what we like. Always gonna be someone who doesn't like the same activities that you do, SO WHAT!!!! Get a life! Also, if you do not own a boat, don't get on this thread, cause your opinion don't mean jack to any of us boat owners!
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-22-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
wakesurfing is the tool used for 16-20 yr old kids to get there dad that no longer skis/wakeboards to dish out the money for the $100k+ boat.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-22-2014, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hey bro it's glass! Lets surf!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-23-2014, 1:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
wakesurfing is the tool used for 16-20 yr old kids to get there dad that no longer skis/wakeboards to dish out the money for the $100k+ boat.
I'm sure there's some truth to that.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-23-2014, 4:27 AM Reply   
Hey bro I'm over 21 and still say bro.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2014, 5:01 AM Reply   
Really Bro?
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-23-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
No not really
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-23-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
Is wakesurfing as fun as wakeboarding or as challenging...heck no....but it sure as hell a lot easier on the body when you fall.

If I was 20, I wouldn't want to surf, but as you get older you still want to learn and do new stuff and at near 50 you aren't going to want to learn many new wakeboarding tricks.
Odd man out here. I'll turn 60 next year and I still am working on new tricks. Mostly on the cable, but put a few more hours behind the boat this years than for quite a few years now. And getting the bug to do it more now that my daughter is inviting her girlfriends out to the house to wakeboard.

You wakeboarders are missing out on the silver lining of this wakesurfing craze. When everyone else is wakesurfing there won't be anyone else throwing down the stuff you'll be throwing.
Attached Images

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-23-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Hell ya john!!!
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-23-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
I am glad none of you are on the same lake as me. You are all so concerned what everyone else is doing that I wonder who is paying attention to driving the boat.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-23-2014, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Exactly!never surfed never will! When I'm scared to get hurt I'll quit jumping. You can ride all day without falling or come even close to getting hurt,unless your skill less surfer and don't have the energy to hang on the rope like a man.
Funny, saying something takes no skill and have never tried it. I like the old saying, don't knock it until you try it.
Saying something is easy and you haven't even tried it to make that assessment is just plain ignorant.

I love how you say you'll just quit jumping. Why not just slalom ski instead? That takes more skill than wakeboarding without doing any aerial tricks. You have a huge board under your feet that makes you really buoyant and you go so slow, not even 30+mph to do it.

Same argument there as you're saying about wakesurfers. Well if it's not "x" then it takes no skill, because this is obviously harder.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-27-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Ya I'm basically john in 30 years. Wake surfing is for goofy ****s that are scared.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-27-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ya I'm basically john in 30 years. Wake surfing is for goofy ****s that are scared.
Except you will be standing alone in the picture without two girls....and you would have gingerous hair.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       09-29-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
Hair of a ginger is like gold if a leprechaun.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
if you can't jump anymore wakeboarding, then its time to give it up............Just saying, wakeboarding is NO FUN if you can't jump ROTFLMFAO