Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-30-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
I still need to get the stereo all set up, but I guess I'll have all winter for that This one probably won't see the water this year.
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-30-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
daaaannnngggg DOOD - that thing is SICK!!!!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-30-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Money
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Love the choice on the flake... I miss your old one already...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-30-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
beautiful boat!!
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-30-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
that is one good looking boat man
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-30-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Best Rim combo I have seen with the black hull - what are the rims? what size? Nice
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-30-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
Damn.... That thing is unreal. One of the sickest boats i've seen. Every boat needs alittle flake!
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Very nice!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-30-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
what blue flake is that? So sweet!!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-30-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Very very nice!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-30-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
A thing of beauty, man. It is going to SUCK waiting till next year to try her out though. I can't even wait until tomorrow to take out my old used boat
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-30-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
"Don't say dang that sounds too much like damn" Eddie Murphy - Delerious.

That is one saweet boat!! Love the colors and flake for the win!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-30-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Wow that boat is incredible looking!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
Mike, your X Stars are always on point but this one takes the cake...Nice work!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Congrats, and great choice on the colors. That is one of the best looking boats I have ever scene. I love it.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Sick color scheme and trailer!
Old     (no_tools)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-30-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
just perfect
Old    mojo            09-30-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
i love that color metal flake. i've hated most of the ''11 graphics i've seen, but yours is sick.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
way sick man!!!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-30-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Saw you're old one listed in KYboatworks the other day. New one looks real nice.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-30-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
ummm wow!

I guess you've proved everyone wrong with the new 2011 graphics. That boat looks Killer!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-30-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
no robotower???? haha.

Thank God you didn't opt for Robotower. Everything is how it should be!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-01-2010, 6:06 AM Reply   
Wow Mike! Can we go ahead and work out a deal for me to buy your boat when you are ready to sell?! That is superb! Nice job to you and Boatworks!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Sick!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-01-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat...Congrats!
Old    ScottRobinson            10-01-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
I agree with everyone SICK...
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-01-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
Very nice Mike!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-01-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
Hey any of you guys that are hard core X Star guys ridden behind the X25? I looked at both at a tradeshow. The X25 had a ton more space in it. Sweet boat either way.
Old     (kbob)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Are the graphics decals or part of the gel coat?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-01-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
gwnkids Best Rim combo I have seen with the black hull - what are the rims? what size? Nice
They are KMC 18"

Quote:
kbob Are the graphics decals or part of the gel coat?
The X and the silver flake around the x are in the gel. Star is a decal.

Quote:
wakecumberland Wow Mike! Can we go ahead and work out a deal for me to buy your boat when you are ready to sell?! That is superb! Nice job to you and Boatworks!
Sure, some time next year

Quote:
dlamont what blue flake is that? So sweet!!
Custom
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-01-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
WOW! Love the colors,you lucky mutha (yes, im jealous) . Very diff and very cool. Jet
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-01-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
All I can say is that Delanie is VERY spoiled! ;-D Haul that thing down here Mike - you guys are welcome to stay with us!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-01-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Siiiiiiick exterior. Really nice. I can only imagine how it looks in person.
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-01-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
That thing is is sick. Great colors.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-01-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
those colors are amazing!!! NEVER put a wrap on that!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-01-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Normally I can look at a boat and find something I would do different to make it look better to my eye....this one, I got nothin! Just for fun, can someone photoshop some window tint on this beauty?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-01-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
That is one nice boat. I still am not a big fan of the MC dash (to much metal for my taste), but the exterior/interior are very clean. The new MC lines are much cleaner/simpler than the last few years.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-01-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Please get us a picture of that sexy star slumped. There is nothing sexier than a slumped Xstar and your boat may be the sexiest Xstar ever produced. I absolutely love it.
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-01-2010, 5:18 PM Reply   
Dang nice ride, love the color combo. Must suck not being able to board all year round, winter here in OZ is the best time.
Old    mojo            10-01-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
i didn't see any tower speakers. do you have plans for some wet sounds stuff?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-01-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
wow pure beauty my friend, congrats

Last edited by westsiderippa; 10-01-2010 at 7:37 PM. Reason: 1
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-03-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Is that the same custom flake color that you had on your last boat or did you change it up a little? And is the gray interior carbon dove or flint? The boat looks amazing, gives me some good ideas for this year!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2010, 4:11 AM Reply   
Same flake as last year, but I did it with black this year. All of the interior is carbon fiber. The colors are white, dove, and flint.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
damn, that is sweet. Congrats.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-04-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Honestly, i dont like the stars because of the interior storage, but THIS BOAT IS THE NICEST BOAT I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-04-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Slick! Congrats
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by radikal View Post
Honestly, i dont like the stars because of the interior storage, but THIS BOAT IS THE NICEST BOAT I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!
What exaclty do you mean you don't like the interior storage? There is a $@#%-ton of storage in the Xstar.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-04-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Damn. Just when i thought you couldn't possibly get a better looking boat than your old one you go and do this. Probably the best looking boat i have ever seen!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-04-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
"Honestly, i dont like the stars because of the interior storage, but THIS BOAT IS THE NICEST BOAT I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you serious? I don't see how you would need any more storage than what the Star offers.

Mike, what motor did you go with?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
I Went with the 6L 400 hp. didn't think I needed the 6.2 supercharged.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-04-2010, 10:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
What exaclty do you mean you don't like the interior storage? There is a $@#%-ton of storage in the Xstar.

Well last time i saw the X-Star the heater outlet was passing right true the middle of a storage compartment, so this place was pretty unusable, IMO this was pretty stupid to do this. Second i think that my VLX can store more than the X-Star. Last thing is it the X-Star that got the cooler in the Bow ? What happend when you dont want to open the bow because youre only 3 or 4 people ?

This is details i saw on the last x-star i remember and i think it was a 2009, its possible they made some changes but in the past this didnt impressed me at all.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
one of the best color combos I have in a while. Congrats
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-05-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat, always have admired the X-star.... congratulations, and have fun with it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-05-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
"What happend when you dont want to open the bow because youre only 3 or 4 people ?"

^What exactly are you trying to say here (I tried to figure out what you were trying to share, but I gave up)? I have no idea what you are trying to say about the "heater outlet" either, the heater in no way obstructs the use of the STBD locker. I can fit three adult bodies in each of the lockers on either side of the motor. I don't get your logic of needing that much space (the Xstar is advertised as having ~ 90 cubic feet of storage space). Maybe your VLX does have more space, but are you using your boat to ride or as a storage unit?
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
" Maybe your VLX does have more space, but are you using your boat to ride or as a storage unit?
That's funny!

SICK Boat! Diggin' the vinyl graphics.

Even if it doesn't have as much storage as my EPIC 23V because you know I have to hate on your new boat with irrelevant crap.
hahahaha - I couldn't resist.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-05-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"What happend when you dont want to open the bow because youre only 3 or 4 people ?"

^What exactly are you trying to say here (I tried to figure out what you were trying to share, but I gave up)? I have no idea what you are trying to say about the "heater outlet" either, the heater in no way obstructs the use of the STBD locker. I can fit three adult bodies in each of the lockers on either side of the motor. I don't get your logic of needing that much space (the Xstar is advertised as having ~ 90 cubic feet of storage space). Maybe your VLX does have more space, but are you using your boat to ride or as a storage unit?
That is funny. I have no idea what he is trying to say either.

Bow storage-the Xstar probably has 10 times the storage of the VLX. Can you even lift up the seat cushions and have storage under them?
Rear Locker Storage-probably pretty close in both boats but I have a feeling the xstar has slightly more.
under cockpit seats-The vlx has more seating for people in the cockpit but the storage area's aren't as deep as the xtar in some parts. The Xstar doesn't have a cooler taking up one whole side. Very slight edge to VLX.
Observer's storage area. The Xstar's is huge and deep. Edge to Xstar. The xstar also has the full walkthrough into the bow that can be used where the vlx doesn't because of bow ballast. Yes the Xstar doesn't have as good a stock wake and may need extra bags plumbed in but for a truely hardcore rider so will the vlx.

I am not sure about the heater vent. If it does run straight through the middle of the storage area that is pretty dumb but that could just be the dealer who installed it?

Sorry, for getting off topic Mike. Your boat truly is beautiful. One of the best I have ever seen. I still want a picture of it slammed with 4k.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Wow..... That boat is absolutely georgous. Probably one of the best looking boats I've ever seen. Congrats man.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-05-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
"I am not sure about the heater vent. If it does run straight through the middle of the storage area that is pretty dumb but that could just be the dealer who installed it?"

I haven't seen this (in the 4 or 5 Stars I have been on, nor in ours).
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Beauty!!! Congrats man!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
more pictures please
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-07-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
Wow, love the graphic package with those particular colors, first X-Star I've seen in a long time that I've liked.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-08-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
That is funny. I have no idea what he is trying to say either.

Bow storage-the Xstar probably has 10 times the storage of the VLX. Can you even lift up the seat cushions and have storage under them?
Rear Locker Storage-probably pretty close in both boats but I have a feeling the xstar has slightly more.
under cockpit seats-The vlx has more seating for people in the cockpit but the storage area's aren't as deep as the xtar in some parts. The Xstar doesn't have a cooler taking up one whole side. Very slight edge to VLX.
Observer's storage area. The Xstar's is huge and deep. Edge to Xstar. The xstar also has the full walkthrough into the bow that can be used where the vlx doesn't because of bow ballast. Yes the Xstar doesn't have as good a stock wake and may need extra bags plumbed in but for a truely hardcore rider so will the vlx.

I am not sure about the heater vent. If it does run straight through the middle of the storage area that is pretty dumb but that could just be the dealer who installed it?

Sorry, for getting off topic Mike. Your boat truly is beautiful. One of the best I have ever seen. I still want a picture of it slammed with 4k.

I trully understand what you are saying, for me bow is the last thing i look in a boat because i dont use it at all i can say we are rarely more than 5, and in the rear locker i got all my fatsacs and gears, i cant put clothes, lunches, beverages and etc ....., so i need maximum of my cockpit storage, after life vests and safety stuff that is ogligatory in Canada, you dont have much space left.

It might be true that the heater was installed by the dealer, it was passing right true the storage area in the back of the driver seat in the cockpit area...... right in the middle of nowhere, so this storage was unusable at all.

And the last thing is for me a cooler in a bow is a straight 0 , so its only my opinion.

Thats why there is tons of boats on the market, every boat have something different that somebody else will dig and somebody else will not, i know a lot of people that really dont like the hard thank in the bow in the VLX because you cant use it at all, and i understand that, and honestly they are right, but for me i doesnt matter.

Anyway i didnt said this to start a storage war or something, it was only a simple commentary sorry

But i will say it again, MAN YOUR BOAT IS FREAKIN SICK, ONE IF NOT THE BEST COLOR COMBO I EVER SEEN !!!!!! HANDS DOWN !!!!!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       10-08-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Just curious why you didn't opt for the Ilmor 6.0l engine?
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-08-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
This boat is mental! Great choice, I love the color!

I don't know how you are not going to ride until summer. If I just got my boat I would going for SURE!! Even if I had to wear a drysuit and break a path in the ice to do so. haha!

Side not: I recommend putting the Pro Series Ballast in the two rear lockers plumbed in. I have found the best wake on my X-Star with stock hard rear tanks empty, Pro Tour rear bags 3/4 or full (depending on people in the boat), stock KGB full, no front Pro Tour bags. It makes a FAT wake with more weight towards the rear. The stock rear ballast is too far forward.

Have fun with your new toy. Dope a$$ wheels too. I'm jealous!