Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-22-2015, 12:56 AM Reply   
Hey Guys and Girls.

First post for me, but regularly checking the forum and posts.

My names Jacob Weal, 22, Also travelling with me is my girlfriend, Tori, 23,and were from Bathurst, NSW, Australia. Roughly 3 hours west of Sydney.

In about 3 weeks, myself and my girlfriend, Tori, are heading over to America, in July, starting at LA, then on to Vegas, hire a car and head out to Lake Powell for a few days, then up to San Fran, Yosemite and then head back home.

As most of you probably know, it is now winter over here, and had some first snow the last few days, which means limited boating here, what a bummer.

Anyway, a bit more info, I own a 2013 Super Air Nautique 210, with NSS, and fly high ballast, and love the boat, awesome wake and the surf wave is unreal. Which myself, girlfriend and mates love to get out and have a good time.

So, my particular question I have to the Wake World Community is, and I'm asking a massive favour, is, would anyway be kind enough, if they are using there boats, to allow us 2 to jump in with you guys and see some of the waterways around the West Coast area?

Some dates of were we will be are: LA from 30 June, Tuesday, to 8 July, Wednesday, then to Vegas, from 9 July, Thursday to Sunday the 12, July, which we then head on out to Lake Powell, from the Monday 13, July to the 16, Thursday, then up to San Fran from the 16 to the 20 of July.

I guess the main 2 spots that maybe could work for someone would be at Vegas, head out to Lake Mead? But the main one is Lake Powell, Monday the 13 to Thursday 16? If we could find someone to jump in with while we are at America, you would probably be the best part of our trip, that would be awesome, and to experience what looks to be a magical spot to use a boat!!

If anyway can help us out that would be absolutely awesome, as we are both keen wake boarders and surfers. And as I know, I don't want any of it for free. So if anyone could help us out that would be awesome, and yes there will be money for fuel, beers and whatever else you want. We just want to get out and have a good time, and see what its like to go boating in America compared to here in Australia.

Again Guys and Girls, if anyone can help us out or knows someone who can that would be greatly appreciated. We are also interested, in just getting the locals experience of the locations.

Cheers Guys

Jacob and Tori
Australia
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-22-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
Might be able to help you out at Lake Mead on Sunday. I'll know as the date gets closer
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-22-2015, 3:29 PM Reply   
Hey Randy, that would be awesome, if everything works out. But if not all good.

Cheers
Jacob
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-22-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
I might be able to give you a pull in the delta
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-22-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
Hey Red,

That could work out, and would be awesome, Im all for doing as much boating as possible!

Jacob
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-22-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
Sent you a PM, if I have a boat (mine is pending sale) I'll get you guys out a few days on delta also.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
I am also on the delta and can give you a pull for sure. When we get a bit closer - hit me up.
Old     (BennyDaJet)      Join Date: Dec 2014       06-23-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
I got you if you come through Phoenix AZ
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       07-06-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
So we have made it to America,

Currently in LA and head out to Vegas on Thursday.

I appreciate everyone that has left a message back so far, but seems it is now closer I can now be a lot more specific for when we can get out, if anyone is willing to help us out with a ride?

For Vegas, guessing we could head out the Lake Mead, Friday is out, but either Saturday or Sunday is good for us?? Can anyone help out there? I also think we are picking up a car either Saturday or Sunday as well.

After that we will then drive the car out to Lake Powell on Monday until Thursday. This is the main time a boat to jump in would be awesome. So if anyone can help out and don't mind us tagging along that would be absolutely awesome?? And hopefully show us the Local spots of what looks like to be an unreal lake.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will have enough time in San Fran to get to the Delta this trip.

But like I have always said, if anyone can take us out, we are more then happy to help out in anyway, and will give you some cash for fuel and whatever else, so if you don't mind, please let me know?

Cheers Guys,

Jacob and Tori
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-07-2015, 5:44 AM Reply   
One of the only weekends I will not be in Lake Powell. Do you know what marina you will be going to in Lake Powell?
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-07-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
Stay at Lake Powell for your whole trip and skip the Bay area. If you have never been to Lake Powell, you will understand why very shortly.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
It won't be a free ride, but call my buddy (Eric Monteleone) in Vegas that owns a camp there and I am sure he can work something out for you

http://wakesportspro.com/About%20us.htm

Wakesports Pro’s instructors are skilled athletes and take their riding and coaching very seriously. Wakesports Pro founder and head coach Eric Monteleone has won numerous WWA World and National wakeboarding titles in Mens II and Masters divisions, traveled and competed on the Wakeboarding Pro Tour, worked at Sea World as a professional skier, wakeboarder, boat driver and stunt man, worked for two Wakeboard companies designing boards and bindings and managed some of the best riders in the world. We are not your average everyday people dragging tourists around the lake. We are as our name says….wake sports professionals.
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       07-07-2015, 9:10 PM Reply   
What a bummer DFTR Josh, haha I seem to be missing a few people out there. As for the Marina we are staying at the Lake Powell Resort, which I believe is Wahweap Marina, so hopefully that is good.

And yes Clarke, it would be awesome to spend a heap of time out there, but unfortunately things couldn't go that way. But can't wait, and yes its our first time, but I don't think it will be the last time there.

And cheers Jason, I will look into those guys as well.

Cheers Jacob
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-08-2015, 5:50 AM Reply   
I was just out at Lake powell over memorial day. Go up to the camp ground and just start chatting with the people with wake boats. I ended up getting a pull out of it and just threw in some gas money.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-08-2015, 6:03 AM Reply   
Ya Wahweap is a great marina and heard they have a great hotel with amazing views of the Lake if you get a lake side room. I heard they have a restaurant now part of their marina, I would spend a night or 2 there for dinner and sunsets. If you have a car plan to drive to Lone Rock and check out this section of the lake. This is where people beach camp and can ride ATV's at Powell so it gets crazy busy and a hell of a time. Also just past Lone Rock is the Wahweap/Castle Rock Cut overlook that's worth a stop to see some AMAZING views. Now drive into Page and head like your going to Flagstaff, AZ. About 2 miles out of town is called Horseshoe Bend. This is one of the most sought after views when visiting Lake Powell, you'll thank me later. Next drive back towards Page and plan heading to Antelope Point Marina. On the last turn towards the marina (Power Plant) there's 2 wonderful hikes Lower Antelope and Upper Antelope. Their a little pricy but again if you seen pictures of Powell then you have seen some of these pictures. Next you will want to drive into Antelope Point Marina (my marina) and have dinner at their Restaurant and Bar. You park at the top and can walk down which I suggest or take a cart down. They used to have a system 2.0 type setup for wakeboarding but have been shut down by the park service BUMMER. When at the Restaurant you need to ask for Roland, let him know I sent you there and he will take good care of you guys. Also Andrew should be working the bar, my good buddie from Southern California and will also take care of ya. If you do all of this and share your experience you will have a group of people next time begging to go with.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-08-2015, 6:26 AM Reply   
antelope canyon is worth seeing as well.
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       07-11-2015, 5:18 PM Reply   
Cheers Josh,

Thanks for all the tips. And yep I was already planning on at least stopping at HorseShoe Bend either on the way out or on the way back to Vegas, as the spot looks awesome!

And I will also see if we have enough time to have a look at everything else you have mentioned!

Again thanks for all the help and good guidance on what we can do out there, greatly appreciated!

Cheers Jacob