Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-22-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
I've been riding the Monarch for a couple years now and I love the board but I also love Murray boards and the old double up delta which the newer Murray looks like a wider upgraded version of the delta. But I also love the landings of my monarch but in my mind I think i remember the delta having pretty good landings as well, I just remember really liking the pop on the delta.

How does the speed, pop, landings, and edge hold on the Murray compare to the monarch?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have had both in Nova cores over the past couple of years. The Monarch is a little looser than the Murray, but the murray carries a little more speed through the wake. Honestly dont remember the pop all that much on the Monarch due to the time and riding level at the time. This year I am making the switch over to a Ronix Code 22 and am pretty excited as it should be on line with the other boards, just with a titch more speed and pop.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Greg Nelson from Double Up is working for Hyperlite now and I agree it looks like some of the Double Up designs are transfering over! I loved the Double Up Nelson (original version was my fav but the gen 2 rode pretty nice as well). The Hyperlite Tribute seems the most like the Delta series to me but I'd prolly go with the Murray though I havent ridden it myself. FWIW I am riding the Monarch right now and looking to upgrade this summer too.

The only advice I'd ever take from mnwakerider is which flavor Sun Chips are the best!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-22-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
The Murray is going to be a little faster and a little edgier. The Murray fins extend to the tips so the release off the wake is a little later.

My buddy rode the Murray for three years and just recently switched to Rathy's new AR and that thing is definitely worth checking out. Good luck.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
Thank you all for the responses.

How about the byerly blunt or conspiracy, how will those ride compared to the monarch?
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
HAS anyone ridden the blunt and monarch?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-31-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
2012 Murray Nova 142 rid'n twice with system bindings $400 perfect condition no scratches or dings looks as though I just unrapped it
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-31-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I have ridden the blunt, conspiracy, and murray. I ended up getting the murray because of how thin it was and similar to my premier
The conspiracy is a super wide board on the tip/tail and the straight edge really works and is a good feature, it really locks your edge in. The landings are probably the softer than the other boards.
i liked the blunt more because of its narrow tip/tail, i think it has just a little more pop than the conspiracy. I felt the landings where a bit harder though. I liked how you could adjust the fin placement. But i didnt end up getting this board because it was just to big for me and rode way to high on the water. I only way 120, so my feel on the board will be much different than yours.
the murray is a super loose board, landing are about the same as the blunt. Pop is average, maybe just a less than the blunt but more than the conspiracy. Speed is about the same as both boards. Hope this helps, this is just my opinion so it might be different than someone elses.