Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chuckwagon)      Join Date: Jun 2016       07-05-2016, 9:26 AM Reply   
I'm finally upgrading the stereo in my '02 Calabria Pro-V and need some advice on whether or not I can mount the distribution blocks and 2 amps under the helm. As you can see in the picture, it will be tight getting 2 amps in there, but it's doable. My concern is that the fuel fill and vent hoses run under the helm. I can argue both sides ... i.e., that it doesn't matter and that it's a bad idea to have all those electronics and connections that close to a fuel hose. Thoughts?

The reason I'd like to make it work is that it makes all my cable runs a whole lot shorter as opposed to mounting the amps under the observers seat. My batteries are in the starboard ski locker so I have to run 1/0 wire to the front of the boat anyway and the helm is closer.

Thx!
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-05-2016, 1:03 PM Reply   
That looks like a nightmare when you are trying to tune the system or if you every had to do any work on the amps.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-05-2016, 3:14 PM Reply   
can you build a wall in front of all that stuff to put your amps on?
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-05-2016, 8:10 PM Reply   
i have a 09 pro v2 i mounted a board under there with the amps mounted to it, i also moved both of my batteries up there as well, i had my wires run up and around the bow, but i see you can run them through the space above the gas tank over to the drivers side and the head unit. i put two kicker amps on the board, was tight tuning but works good now.
Old     (chuckwagon)      Join Date: Jun 2016       07-05-2016, 8:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of building a wall, but the challenge is that I was planning to build a sub enclosure into the kick wall. And as it is, I only have 6" between the heater and kick wall so will have to go with a thin line sub.

Mark - if you have a sub, where is it located?

And here's the newb question ... I assume tuning a system is a one time deal?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-06-2016, 7:45 AM Reply   
yes, tuning should be a 1 time deal. set it the best you can, then fine tune it and leave it. unless you drastically change music types you listen to or change the system
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-11-2016, 5:42 PM Reply   
i built a box for the sub under the helm, being the lack of space, i had to go with a square kicker sub i think its a L7 8" sounds great i can take pics in a week, i moved my two batterys up under by the amp so i could get my ballast bags in the back now that i built a surf gate for it, i dont need that much ballast,
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-11-2016, 5:48 PM Reply   
off topic but this is the surf gate i built for my ProV2
i have one on each side, they telescope out when i want to use them. i will try and att a pic
Attached Images

Old     (chuckwagon)      Join Date: Jun 2016       07-11-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup View Post
i built a box for the sub under the helm, being the lack of space, i had to go with a square kicker sub i think its a L7 8" sounds great i can take pics in a week, i moved my two batterys up under by the amp so i could get my ballast bags in the back now that i built a surf gate for it, i dont need that much ballast,
Thanks Mark! I think you've inspired me to move my batteries up. If you don't mind sharing some pics of your battery, amp, and sub set up when you have a chance, I'd appreciate it. I was looking at a JL 10TW3-D4 for a sub since it is a tight fit. Have you been happy w/ an 8" sub? I'm looking more for SQ ... as opposed to making the water ripple.

Also, thanks for sharing your surf gates. Would be great to better understand what you've done for both the gates and your general surf setup. It's going to take me a while to get through my stereo and surf wishlist, but my initial thought was sacs in the rear lockers and bow and changing out the fixed trim tab for a variable one. Would be great to learn from your experience.