Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Please, no stupid wars, but one must admit regardless of what they support (BU,MC,CC,EPIC,TIGA,SUPRA,etc.) that it is pretty impressive for a boat/wake to be voted #1 5 years in a row (03-07). Makes me wonder what could be done to make it better or is this as good as it gets?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
pshhh not impressive to me really. I could vote the Xstar wake #1 but it's really a matter of opinion. I prefer many other wakes before the Xstar. Doesn't mean the wake on the Star isn't kicking just I bet a lot of people would say it's the best because parks and rusty ride it, or because it pulls the PWT. It's all just opinion. Yes things can get bigger and better... how you ask? MC could add a helluva lot more factory ballast atleast in the Xstar.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-07-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Voted on by whom? If it's a magazine, flip through that issue and tell us who has the most ads.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-07-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Yes, a vote is a matter of opinion. Thats why its called a vote.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
impressive-go xstar
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
Paul my point was that if this was voted on by people like you and I... then I'd be willing to bet that many maybe most haven't even ridden an Xstar wake before. If they had and really think it's the best wake, well it must have had atlest an additional 1000lbs in it. Thats not impressive to me(just my opinion). But you could put 1k extra ballast in any vdrive wakeboat on the market today and the wake would not and could not be bad so to speak. I just think the Xstar is #1 cause it's the most heard of wakeboat out there. Everyone and there grandma in wakeboarding praises the Xstar with no end, and many havent even ridden in one not to mention behind one.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-07-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
I know. I was just giving you a hard time. Sorry. Bored at work.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Wow. The first response is a "bash" deal. To answer Tyler and Trace, it was voted on by YOU, ME and the rest of the WAKEWORLD readers/posters. When you pulled up Wakeworld it was on the front for the past few weeks. Yes it is a matter of opinion...all of ours. And when you go through the Mags go ahead and count who has the most ads. There is 1 for the X-Star in every Wakeboard Mag, usually 8-12 pages in, well after multiples of others. I do think you are on to something though about having additional ballast standard, they it doesn't have to be added for it to be really sweet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Typical of a Malibu owner to get on an X-Star thread and bash MC, nothing new.
By the way Tyler, I am just a you and I and I voted for the X-Star, IMO nothing else comes close and thats my opinion, just like you have yours and I am sure you think the Malibu VLX has the best wake, thats why you bought it. Get over it bro, there are a ton of X-Star Lovers and there always will be, there is a reason it took the title 5 YEARS IN A ROW!!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
GO STAR. 5 Years.

There is only one true test.... TIME!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-07-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Tyler
"put 1k extra ballast in any v drive wakeboat on the market today and the wake would not and could not be bad"

A very bold and extremely incorrect statement!! The X-Star is a great boat, produces a great wake, demands high $---new and used, so why put it down? Is the X-star my favorite boat? No, but it is in my top three, and I can't say anything bad about it---would'nt turn down a pull behing one either. And, for the record, I own a Malibu VLX like you.
Chill
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
The X-star has made a heck of a run as a great boat. I am curious if anyone has heard any rumors about changing the x-star. It as been on the same hull for quite a while now.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-07-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the clarification on the poll - I almost never read the homepage. People are always posting poll results like that, and they're usually from some mag or JD Power.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Paul- No worries... more my bad
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Chuck-"Chill" I haven't gotten worked up. Nowhere did I bash the Xstar. Just how many people on this site own Xstars... not too many(compared to other brands/models). My point was that a gauranteed at least few people on this site would and will blindly vote for the Xstar just because of it stance in our sport. I say blindly as in havent ridden behind one or in one. I have and stock the wake is OK at best. It is phenomenal with a bunch of people and weight. And no I wouldn't even srgue to say the VLX has the best wake out there. It just has the best wake for my tastes. Theres a big difference between the two.

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on September 07, 2007)
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-07-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Tyler if a vote were put as to the best sports car perhaps Ferarri would win and how many people on here have one, gee probably none including me but that dosent mean it isnt the best. I hate to say it but this seems like a very typical post for you.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
on the same note, did you see how many different models were on the list? how many of us have ridden every one of them? probably none! Hell, maybe the Epic or Wakecraft is the best out there, but I haven't ridden behind one or seen one for that matter so it didn't get my vote :-)
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
^^^ Good call.
Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-07-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
Congrats to MC. I currently own a xstar and had an 05 vlx. Personally both wakes are 6's IMO. Different weight variations and they are quite similar. I guess what i'm trying to say is that after riding behind both for quite some time I don't think I could put one above the other! I do believe the voting is biased no matter where you put it to. So I couldn't put much weight on the results. As previously stated someone with an xstar that has never ridden a vlx (which is probably the situation in most cases) will vote xstar and the same for the reverse. It would be tough to get a real winner IMO.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Matt- Why vote if you have no experience on the subject being voted on? Or why vote for a boat car whatever that you've never been in or on. Anyways most polls and votes are based on what we hear, see, and read. In this case I'd say it's prolly the same. I'd say it's comparable to people who don't wakeboard at all knowing all about Parks which is why he's one of the top ten riders every year even though he's hardly ridden with any exposure in the last 2 years.
Brett- Well put... that's my point exactly

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on September 07, 2007)
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
The original post doesn't state specifically "why" it was voted #1. It states boat/wake. That brings a lot of other things into play other than just the wake. Fit, finish, resale.........

I love MC's and have owned one for nearly 30 years..........I own an x star and yes I'm biased but who isn't? I would vote for it based on wake, fit/finish, resale and a host of other reasons.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Tyler dont get all upset/uptight that the Xstar won 5 times in a row over the VLX. Sure Onlyinboards says its only just a poll but come on 5 times in a ROW?

Tyler why vote on the presidental elections when someone didnt follow it all the way thru? Come on get over it, its everones right to vote regardless if they know alot or own the thing there voting on...suck it up Xstar is a *
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
I didn't vote because I didn't see it posted on the main page either. But I wouldn't vote on the presidential election either if I knew nothing about any of the candidates or didn't agree with the ones I did know of. Bad example I guess your reasoning though vote cause you can is why there's so many whining democrats about Bush... but thats a whole nother topic.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-07-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
rG true I have never met a president that we have had yet I still voted. O and I would say that it is not talked a ton about here because the VLX is "the official boat of wakeworld" hmm mayve after 5 years it shouldnt be.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
Tyler I bet you WOULDNT vote on someone or something you didnt agree on--you JUST proved that... Its a vote/poll everyones vote counts. I guess Bush is in office---he WON. DUH he had the most votes

I bet if you were running this poll you would have scraped the results and made the VLX win huh? Wakeworld is heavly sponsored by Malibu why didnt they win? You can make all the excuses you want but the results is the results.

One last note your boat does look nice though but not as nice as an Xstar :-)
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
So RG wheres your boat???
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-07-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
hey children, lets settle this for real. go to the other thread and vote.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
T- on the way getting it this december
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Is it an Xstar?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
I wish cant afford! What did you pay for the VLX?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-07-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
X-Star voted #1 for the past 5 years on Wakeworld, But why is it when you look at the boat rating on Wakeworld it always has an average reviews?

http://www.wakeworld.com/boats/getcompany.asp?companyid=37

Now look at all the other Manufactures and you will find that there are a lot of other boats that were rated better than MC-X-Star.

I would have to say that every year that X-star has won they were never rated the best boat out of any of the 5 years according to the reviews.

I wouldn't call that bashing, since wakeworld community wrote those reviews after they have been in a X-Star.

By the way when does this so call voting even take place. I have never seen in on this site. I see vote for your favorite rider, but not boat. I must be wakeboarding when that comes up.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-07-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
congrates x-star

but look at the reviews in the boat section of WW

interesting
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
It always hilarious to read how worked up people get on manufacture specific threads. I find it completely amusing. There must be a reason that is won...
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-07-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Seriously I don't really care, but don't you realize that there are likely many people who just go inot the polls and start selecting stuff at random or picking the first name that rings a bell only because you have to enter to win the schwag???

Don't really think that is a valued opinion poll...
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-07-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
You don't win Schwag if you review a boat.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-07-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
selling the bu, buying an x-star and investing in Rule.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-08-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
Brannon, this thread is talking about the readers choice awards for which you can win schwag for submitting you vote
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Maybe XStar won cuz all the pros voted.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-08-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
x star rules baby 5 years in a row and the years are just gonna keep on adding on.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
^yes it is. I just wish I could afford a new one.

Anyone know why malibu didnt have any of their boats at the PWT? I seen every other mfr there but not malibu.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-08-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Most votes are useless.

Most people have ownership goggles on -- what they paid $75K for is the best.
Most people have little experience on wakes other than their boat and maybe one other.
Plus, everyone has a different oppinion/preference that depends on their riding style/level.

Its a useless poll.

Plus, most any decent boat can produce a decent wake if you weigh it down correctly.
To me, beyond the RAMPINESS personal preference, other things like WAKE EFFICIENCY and WAKE CREATION EASE are what really matters.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-10-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Holy hanna, ya'll are taking this in the opposite direction of where I asked. Please re-read the original post, "what could be done to make it better?" I like the idea of more stock ballast, but coast guard probably wouldn't allow it.