Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Hey if you like music and you like documentaries you Have to check out a 4 part HBO series called
"The Defiant Ones"
Talk about The Who's Who of Music, it seems that anyone who is/was anyone in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's is apart of this incredible story. Jimmy Lovies life story Is amazing and his ride or die friendship with Dr Dre is a true rags to riches story. Check it out let us know what you think.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2017, 8:27 PM Reply   
^^^^ Whoops this was suppose to get posted in the Non Wake section I'm sorry can some one move it I can't delete it.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       08-25-2017, 9:00 PM Reply   
Wrong thread but great series. I love success stories when you really understand sacrifices made. I did think it was interesting to see the discrepancies with the way things were said to have happened in straight out of Compton movie vs the documentary. I get it, but different nonetheless.

I loved the part where jimmy could not hang with Bruce Springsteins work ethic.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       08-25-2017, 9:05 PM Reply   
Also cool was when Silicon Valley said stay away from hardware; it's not easy. And they did it anyway. Thus Beats was formed. Cool
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-25-2017, 10:12 PM Reply   
I was amazed the Beats deal went threw. When I saw how they were bragging about the sale of beats on Facebook I was like "Palms to Face" what a bunch of idiots.
DrDre is a smart guy.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       08-25-2017, 11:12 PM Reply   
Was a killer series. You just don't realize how hard those guys worked to get where they are. It wasn't just a hit here or there, it was never sleep never stop hit after hit. Dre never needs to work another day in his life and yet he is still in the studio...
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-26-2017, 5:28 PM Reply   
I thought it was pretty good too, episode 1 and 4 were awesome.. i feel like the second one we already saw in the movie compton, and even though its important in dre's life its not all that intriguing to me.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2017, 7:30 AM Reply   
I am a HUGE fan of Dre and Jimmie and have tracked both their careers for a long time. I thought the documentary was amazing. Such a great blend of stories, music, artistry, etc.. Jimmie is a genius and so self driven to a single goal that it has often been an inspiration for me over 30 years of running a business. Its is quite amazing when you look at Cube and Dre what they have become. I have watched the series several times and picked up new things every time. To think of Jimmie and 2 Pac talking the night Dre just about blows a 3 Billion deal with apple is just the crazy story ever. Jimmie must of lost his damn mind.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2017, 7:31 AM Reply   
Would love to see another 2-4 episodes covering more of Eminem,Gwen, Fergie, and Gaga and how he was able to transform them into what they are today.