Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-14-2017, 11:30 AM Reply   
So I know I am still not fully use to this site, but I am curious how many people are from TN area. I know we have some of the biggest names of boats manufactured here, but it seems like all the people on this site are out west. Curious if there are any boards, surfers that are in east TN.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       02-15-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Nashville! Originally from JC... and still have friends that ride South Holston, Douglas, and Watagua regularly.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-15-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
I am actually going to be heading to Tennessee in two months on vacation. We wanted to look at some houses on lakes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will be flying in to Nashville, than driving to Chattanooga, and than to the Pigeon Forge. Any places to stop along the way to look at would be great. Thanks, Mike
Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       02-15-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
Im in West TN on Pickwick Lake, about 2 1/2 hours from Nashville.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-15-2017, 11:07 AM Reply   
Mike, if you want some great lake houses and great place to live you need to check out Knoxville tn and some surrounding areas. I moved from Hilton Head island, Sc and made this my permanent home after college. I love the beach but I have fallen in love with this area. we are close to pigeon forge. I go on a few lakes out here but if you want the best bang for your buck on the lake. You need to look at Cherokee lake. I also had a friend buy a great house in vonore TN which is where supra is made, got a great lake house. Send me a message anytime!
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-15-2017, 11:19 AM Reply   
Nashville here for me as well. Tim's ford is where I spend my time though
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       02-16-2017, 5:10 AM Reply   
We spend our time at Norris.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-16-2017, 5:48 AM Reply   
still haven't been to Norris, I spend my time on Cherokee or over by concord park and Willies Bar and grille
Old     (Spoone)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-16-2017, 9:37 AM Reply   
I live on Cherokee and their are a lot of reasonably priced homes, but it all depends on where you want to be on the lake.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       02-16-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
Where on Cherokee are you? We are across from the dam. We are the very loud blue supra, people always tend to copy out toys we bring out whether it be stand up jet skis, or the newest tubes. Next year ill have my own out there an ORANGE Malibu!!!! WOOOOHOOO! I love Cherokee lake!
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-16-2017, 4:47 PM Reply   
Knoxville has lots of wake boats. Spend a lot of time on Loudon and Tellico Lakes.
Old     (ChesterVortex)      Join Date: Feb 2017       02-28-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
I'm in Kingsport and ride Ford Patrick Henry Lake, also known as Warriors Path, also like to ride on South Holston Lake a lot. I wakesurf, wakeskate and wakeboard on a 2000 Malibu wakesetter, where do you ride?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       03-01-2017, 6:39 AM Reply   
I am usually on Cherokee lake or douglas. Knoxville tn. I also board on concord park in Farragut, I am looking forward to boarding on Norris lake. I usually am behind supra, family boat but now I have my own, older Malibu wake setter. Cant wait to be surfing more, I do it all but this year I want to really learn to surf since its rare we did it in the past!
Old     (Spoone)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-01-2017, 2:05 PM Reply   
I live at point 19. I have a grey and black VTX and buddy has a yellow 210. We rarely venture down to the dam unless we are going to black oak to eat.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       04-27-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
this looks to be the first weekend I will be able to get out on the lakes. I will be on Cherokee Saturday! Pray this rain holds off. Hope black oak is still as good as last year.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-12-2017, 6:35 AM Reply   
I go to South Holston a few times each year. My family is from Abingdon VA. Been to Norris Lake and a few others around Knoxville as well. Also been out on the river behind the UT stadium a few times. South Holston is by far one of the prettiest lakes I've ever been on. beautiful water, and beautiful surroundings (esp on the VA side where there are no houses). Although it is small and does get crowded during peak times.