Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
For clarity here the NZ rules:
Parties limited
At the first election using the MMP (mixed-member proportional) system in 1996 spending limits were extended to political parties. Throughout 2008, for example, the largest two parties, Labour and National, had limits of about $2.4 million each. Since then the rules have been changed. In 2011 a political party seeking party and electorate votes was allowed to spend up to $1,065,000, plus $25,000 for each electorate it contested. The major parties had an allocation of $2,815,000 for the three months leading up to the election. Parties that did not contest the party vote were permitted to spend $25,000 per contested electorate.

State funding
Resources are also made available by the state for political parties to broadcast their message during the campaign. The Electoral Commission allocates time and money to be spent on television and radio advertisements, and on campaign opening and closing speeches. For example in 2008 $3.2 million and 102 minutes of television time was allocated to 14 parties – with 60% of the money going to Labour and National. Political parties are not permitted to use their own money to buy additional broadcast advertising.

Reason for the control:
Campaigning costs money, and issues relating to political finance and its regulation have been of increasing concern in New Zealand. Arguments are made about the unfairness of electoral participants having unequal amounts of money to spend on their campaigns, and the possibility of corruption resulting from donations made to campaigns. For these reasons there are a number of regulations about the use of money in elections.

We have had these types laws since 1895!
You do realize that you are basically describing a process for a country that has the land mass of maybe california but the population of Alabama right? And it costs how much to get adds into your papers and on television. It costs $5 million in our most extreme one stop shop of advertising for just a 30 second commercial. You are taking oranges compared to Oldsmobiles in terms of population, land mass and costs.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
If what you say is true, than why hasn't the GOP proposed anything to fix it?

You do realize that over 50% of US marriages end in divorce? Let me guess, they are all democrats.

And here is something else. You do understand that just about anything federal or state (not just welfare) is tied to total household income? Are you that ignorant to think that Americans are too stupid to realize they could save on their tax bill, their kids could qualify for more financial aid, etc. if they reduced to their household income? Because you keep using this same strawman that shouldn't seem reasonable to a person with a half-functioning brain. It's a route that the GOP chose to take when they decided they should demonize the black vote. If the GOP was wanting to attract voters, you sure as hell don't get it by insulting a subset of the American population. But look now, the GOP is trying it with the Hispanic American population. It's why you goons are so gung-ho about trying to maintain some sort of white majority.
Good question. The democrats have not lifted a finger either.

Yes. benefits are tied to family income. That is what unintended consequences are.

Who is demonizing the black vote? Not accepting a negative culture and their talking points is not demonizing it. It is not accepting it as not to destroy your moral fiber. Why would I want main stream America live like those on the south side of Chicago where running drugs and prostitution is a way of life and being a smart school kid will get you beat up. Is that demonizing the black vote or is that holding a standard? Not lowering expectations for education, employment and how you carry yourself, is that demonizing? Nothing worse than the soft racism of lowered expectations.

Asians seem to do very well in our society as far as education, employment and not murdering each other by the thousands year in and year out. Are people demonizing them? Matter of fact, the democrat party will not even accept them because they destroy their scam.

As far as hispanics. The Cubans seem to understand the difference. If calling on the stop to illegals and taxing the middle class in the name of non citizens is insulting then I will insult them every day that end in Y. Again, it is holding a standard. Democrats want to be liked by everyone so they will throw the baby out with the bathwater all so they can stay in power. That is why your party is so dangerous. If it takes a mass invasion by foreigners to get a vote, the democrats are for it 100%. Dangerous. The reason democrats and the hispanics can not tell the difference because so many are integrated into the illegal immigration through family members, they don't want to accept the difference between illegal and legal because they effectively almost the same in the mass demographic. The democrats pushed for that and that is and was dangerous.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
What are you talking about? When did the Democrats get upset about NK on the axis of evil? You know what I remember? How Hannity and the other Fox News goobers got upset when Obama mentioned meeting with the N. Koreans. They acted as though it was the worse thing a person could do. Then Trump goes and meets with Un, and they act like Trump is the ultimate negotiator. Of course, Un is still testing missles and talking about starting wars with everyone else in the world, and not a peep. The hypocrisy of you right-wingers knows no bounds.

I'll just leave this here:
Show me a thread on this site where the local Republicans were worried about Obama talking to North Korea. Why are you so worried about Trump speaking to them?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Watching the dumbotwats go full Nazi with their threats, posting peoples names, now flying flags that state death to republicans, harassment & death threats to a 9 yr old girl for making fun of Cortez, trying to cover their own hate & crimes. It's frightening, yet satisfying to know those are the cries of a soon to be obsolete political party that knows they've now alienated more than half the country, effectively handing the government over to the republicans if they don't get their dream of a overwhelmingly Hispanic voter base to secure power. You think it's ugly now? ****s just starting to heat up.
Yep. We are at the early stages of the 1930's all over again. Left wing political machines out of control. Democrats elected officials posting Trump donors addresses on twitter feeds to a national audience.

California just passed a law signed by the gov that Trump cannot appear on the ballot. People go down to vote and the president is not all the ballot, there is more than likely going to be wide spread violence.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-07-2019, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Yep. We are at the early stages of the 1930's all over again. Left wing political machines out of control. Democrats elected officials posting Trump donors addresses on twitter feeds to a national audience.

California just passed a law signed by the gov that Trump cannot appear on the ballot. People go down to vote and the president is not all the ballot, there is more than likely going to be wide spread violence.
Their sanctimonious refusal to look at themselves will be there undoing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2019, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
You do realize that you are basically describing a process for a country that has the land mass of maybe california but the population of Alabama right? And it costs how much to get adds into your papers and on television. It costs $5 million in our most extreme one stop shop of advertising for just a 30 second commercial. You are taking oranges compared to Oldsmobiles in terms of population, land mass and costs.
Yes I realize that, the point is the principal. Unlimited financial resource corrupts the political process and controls can be put in place which limit it to ensure the general populous isn't exploited by the super wealthy. But you don't seem to have any vision that it's a problem or that anybody in world does anything about it.

The general amercian would be so much better off if the political system was setup for the common man rather than the super powerful and wealthy. It's the root cause of why giant corporations pay no tax, pollute without cost, why healthcare costs are insanely high and so many american soldiers are put in harms way unnecessarily.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-07-2019, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes I realize that, the point is the principal. Unlimited financial resource corrupts the political process and controls can be put in place which limit it to ensure the general populous isn't exploited by the super wealthy. But you don't seem to have any vision that it's a problem or that anybody in world does anything about it.

The general amercian would be so much better off if the political system was setup for the common man rather than the super powerful and wealthy. It's the root cause of why giant corporations pay no tax, pollute without cost, why healthcare costs are insanely high and so many american soldiers are put in harms way unnecessarily.
If really rich people can't buy giant megaphones to drown out everyone else, what was the point of the bill of rights in the first place?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If really rich people can't buy giant megaphones to drown out everyone else, what was the point of the bill of rights in the first place?
You really think in any system the regular person has a voice? I wish I could go back to that place in life where unicorns run free.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:

It is a false principle. You are talking about limiting money to a extremely small group of people. We have more people in a few square miles in the bay area than you do in the land mass the size of our state. one or two million dollars is a ton of money in that regime. You could not even buy 10 seconds of an add that reaches our whole country with that money but in your area it is still elite money. Heck, it is still elite money to those over here. Also there is a limit. You can only give $2500 to a candidate per election cycle for a federal election. So, how are you getting that corporations are dumping money?

There is also this:

According to the Federal Election Commission, corporations and labor unions are prohibited from contributing to political candidates. This restriction applies to both for profit or nonprofit corporations. On the other hand, individuals can contribute up to $2,500 to a particular political candidate.

My vision is living in the real world. I know rich people control the narrative. You propose animal farm? Then we can point out which pigs are not equal when you kill the farmer?

You talking point of corporations of paying no tax is another leftist lie. Corporations were changed over to a payroll tax in the 1950's and the tax collected since then has been stable. The only talking point you are regurging is the one where a corporation did not pay income tax. Income tax is allowed to be offset through losses and investments in the company. It is don't on purpose through the tax code to shape certain behaviors. regardless they still paid payroll taxes, ergo your talking point is a lie.

Pollute without cost? They have been fined many times over the years and laws passed that regulate. You may be thinking of china and other economies, but in America that is not true. Matter of fact we can not produce ultra pure argon because the air is too clean. Not enough hydrocarbons in the air.

Healthcare is so costly because everyone has insurance now. lots of money in the system. doctors and hospitals raise the rates because there is money to be captured.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2019, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
You talking point of corporations of paying no tax is another leftist lie. Corporations were changed over to a payroll tax in the 1950's and the tax collected since then has been stable. The only talking point you are regurging is the one where a corporation did not pay income tax. Income tax is allowed to be offset through losses and investments in the company. It is don't on purpose through the tax code to shape certain behaviors. regardless they still paid payroll taxes, ergo your talking point is a lie.
Lol, that is a great point, Corporations pay payroll tax like China pays tariffs.! Haha, that really was a good one, thanks Delta.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol, that is a great point, Corporations pay payroll tax like China pays tariffs.! Haha, that really was a good one, thanks Delta.
You can poo poo it all you want but it is the truth and you can easily find the income data for US corporations as supplied to the US government since the 1950's like I did. You think I have a dog in that fight? People bring up points and I go look for the answers. I went and found that answer. Personally, I can't stand you rich people as a general principle but you are a neccessary evil to a certain degree so I try and look at all sides.

Usually when people are using too simplistic of a common talking point like you are, the answer is usually a little more complicated or the talking point is oddly pointed which means it is deliberately giving you the "fact" they want while not completing the whole picture.

This is another one of those cases. Corporations don't pay taxes. You have to call Bull Crap right off the bat. No one gets away without paying any taxes. That would not even fly. So the talking point is pointed to "income taxes". Ok. But that is set up with a specific label. That means they must have other taxes. Sure enough when I went to look, there is was. payroll taxes. picture is more complete. Problem is, you just stick to the main talking point because it agrees with what you already believe.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, nice to have proven to you that the US has what looks like even stricter election donation requirements than you do.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2019, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
YThat means they must have other taxes. Sure enough when I went to look, there is was. payroll taxes. picture is more complete
I'm still laughing you think corporations pay payroll tax. I don't think there is any point debunking your other nonsense, it's clear you have no idea.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2019, 2:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, nice to have proven to you that the US has what looks like even stricter election donation requirements than you do.
As if, explain Super-Pac's and "soft money" then!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 4:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm still laughing you think corporations pay payroll tax. I don't think there is any point debunking your other nonsense, it's clear you have no idea.
Why don't you think that:

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...-taxation-work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States

and here is the graph that shows the change from income to payroll in the 1950's

are you just attached to a narrative, either that then explain it to me. I am willing to learn but I don't see it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
As if, explain Super-Pac's and "soft money" then!
That is free speech. I just disproved that big money donors are directly paying candidates. Again you have a country the size of California and the population of Alabama. It is not even the same thing. How can you tell people who to support and what they can say? So you shut down "corporations" but don't do anything about Hollywood making movie after movie telling people who to vote for? What about the Unions where they put out a voter guide to their members. Aren't unions a corporation of people with a single goal? Is that OK? How about the news papers. They pick a candidate every election and I can tell you right now it is almost always a democrat. Can we stop the parties from buying campaign resources?

What I hear from you and other leftist is you think the message you don't want to hear comes from corporations so you should be able to shut it down but the others not so much. Now I may have you misjudged and you may be one of those virtuous types, however your ideas do not work in a free society. When you elect to silence one, you really need to silence all to be fair, so your railng against corporations while not even speaking about the other types of contributors tells me you are only really interested in the liberal version. However isn't silencing people the sign of a non free country? In your case you say you give time to all, so did you really silence anyone? You just made it on the cheap, but you really did not change anything. You just think you feel better because their is less money involved. They still owe favors just the same and favors is where the real power is now isn't it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2019, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Show me a thread on this site where the local Republicans were worried about Obama talking to North Korea. Why are you so worried about Trump speaking to them?
Oh, give me a break. You had Republicans acting like Obama simply discussing meeting with the NK's was idiotic. Trump does it and they are ready to add him to Mt. Rushmore. Trump (nor any other US president) should agree to "speak" to Un without the prerequisite that he addresses the human rights' conditions in his country. Or maybe take him to task on how they mistreated an American citizen leading to his death. My problem with Trump "speaking to them" and then making the proclamation that he actually accomplished something. Are the NK's still testing missles?

Tell me one thing that Trump has accomplished with his meetings with Un. Just one.

Last edited by wake77; 08-08-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2019, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is free speech. I just disproved that big money donors are directly paying candidates. Again you have a country the size of California and the population of Alabama. It is not even the same thing. How can you tell people who to support and what they can say? So you shut down "corporations" but don't do anything about Hollywood making movie after movie telling people who to vote for? What about the Unions where they put out a voter guide to their members. Aren't unions a corporation of people with a single goal? Is that OK? How about the news papers. They pick a candidate every election and I can tell you right now it is almost always a democrat. Can we stop the parties from buying campaign resources?

What I hear from you and other leftist is you think the message you don't want to hear comes from corporations so you should be able to shut it down but the others not so much. Now I may have you misjudged and you may be one of those virtuous types, however your ideas do not work in a free society. When you elect to silence one, you really need to silence all to be fair, so your railng against corporations while not even speaking about the other types of contributors tells me you are only really interested in the liberal version. However isn't silencing people the sign of a non free country? In your case you say you give time to all, so did you really silence anyone? You just made it on the cheap, but you really did not change anything. You just think you feel better because their is less money involved. They still owe favors just the same and favors is where the real power is now isn't it.
The NRA has been influencing elections for decades now so quit acting like it's only the Democrats. Churches have been violating their status for decades by allowing politicians to speak and leaders telling the congregation who they need to vote for. There is nothing in union membership that says they have to support a particular party. While a member of the TEA, I know we had more Republicans in our local membership as opposed to Democrats.

Refresh my memory, what were the names of all of these movies you mentioned in your post in which people were told who to vote for. You don't have to name all of them, just give me a couple.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-08-2019, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Good question. The democrats have not lifted a finger either.

Yes. benefits are tied to family income. That is what unintended consequences are.

Who is demonizing the black vote? Not accepting a negative culture and their talking points is not demonizing it. It is not accepting it as not to destroy your moral fiber. Why would I want main stream America live like those on the south side of Chicago where running drugs and prostitution is a way of life and being a smart school kid will get you beat up. Is that demonizing the black vote or is that holding a standard? Not lowering expectations for education, employment and how you carry yourself, is that demonizing? Nothing worse than the soft racism of lowered expectations.

Asians seem to do very well in our society as far as education, employment and not murdering each other by the thousands year in and year out. Are people demonizing them? Matter of fact, the democrat party will not even accept them because they destroy their scam.

As far as hispanics. The Cubans seem to understand the difference. If calling on the stop to illegals and taxing the middle class in the name of non citizens is insulting then I will insult them every day that end in Y. Again, it is holding a standard. Democrats want to be liked by everyone so they will throw the baby out with the bathwater all so they can stay in power. That is why your party is so dangerous. If it takes a mass invasion by foreigners to get a vote, the democrats are for it 100%. Dangerous. The reason democrats and the hispanics can not tell the difference because so many are integrated into the illegal immigration through family members, they don't want to accept the difference between illegal and legal because they effectively almost the same in the mass demographic. The democrats pushed for that and that is and was dangerous.
So you only point the finger at one side?

The GOP supports illegal immigration as much as the Democrats. They just use it as a tool to get you to hate other human beings.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you only point the finger at one side?

The GOP supports illegal immigration as much as the Democrats. They just use it as a tool to get you to hate other human beings.
No, the republicans are not making it their policy where the democrats keep telling everyone they do all these great things. Republicans simply are letting them make their own decisions. I think Trump is trying to address it. He talks to black community leaders all the time about these things.

Your comment pretty much sums up the child like grasp of laws and policy vs ones personal feeling of humans.

Because one does not support destroying the country that our forefathers built and our citizens continue to maintain through blood sweat and tears does not mean we hate other humans. You can not save everyone and when you grow up, you may realized that. You can not move in people in a infinite amount without destroying those who are here. Can I move 20 people into your house and make you pay for it? How long would it before you give up when you can't get ahead due to them forcing your income and space from your hands. You may not hate the people they moved into your house, but you certain would hate the situation. Especially when the situation is to aleviate people of a culture who did not want to have the fight to make their own free prosperous country. They simply want yours.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2019, 3:38 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=wake77;1990838] Churches have been violating their status for decades by allowing politicians to speak and leaders telling the congregation who they need to vote for.

I assume you're referring to the hood rat AME "churches" right? If so, congratulations, you are correct for the first time on this thread. Good boy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2019, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am willing to learn but I don't see it.
Payroll tax is collected by the company but it is paid by the employee
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2019, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is free speech. I just disproved that big money donors are directly paying candidates.
Look, all I'm saying is that money is a corrupting factor and its possible to limit its influence if you want to, other countries do it and the US doesn't. Its effects are clear for all to see, its one of the reasons its classed as a "Flawed democracy"
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2019, 2:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Payroll tax is collected by the company but it is paid by the employee
Wrong.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2019, 3:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Wrong.
Only in the technical sense that the employer pays half. But in reality it's a tax on the employee and his service. It's paid for by the employee in the sense that it's the employee generating the income. It's not a tax on the company or corp because if the employee isn't being paid, then the tax isn't required. The tax follows the person providing the work. If he works for himself it gets paid. If he works for an employer it gets paid.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2019, 3:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wrong.
but only wrong-ish. Any company that is hiring someone factors in the payroll tax as part of the total cost of bringing on the employee, just as the company factors in the cost of 401k match, health insurance subsidy, paid time off, etc.

Whether the employee would have the leverage to cause that money to be paid to the employee instead of left in the employer's pociket if there were no such thing as payroll tax is an open question tho. People like to argue that cutting taxes results in higher wages, but TCJA experience seems to belie that.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2019, 3:50 AM Reply   
I get there are elasticizes and different ways to look at. The employee is able to generate the income using the employers infrastructure and capital. Depending on industry. Some employers have to pay top dollar for talent and 7% isn't going to factor into weather they hire a good candidate. Its just the cost of doing business.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-09-2019, 4:50 AM Reply   
"We should challenge students in these schools that have advanced placement programs in these schools," "We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

The man should step down. He's clearly racist, it doesn't get much more racist than that
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-09-2019, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Look, all I'm saying is that money is a corrupting factor and its possible to limit its influence if you want to, other countries do it and the US doesn't. Its effects are clear for all to see, its one of the reasons its classed as a "Flawed democracy"
We are not a democracy. We are a republic. That is why we have checks and balances. That is why we don't let a couple big cities control who runs the government. Why are big cities highly populated? Lots of in breeding and others running to the city for MONEY!!! You guys complain about money but want the biggest money areas to control the country.

I know money corrupts. The US does limit who and how much a corporation can give a candidate. regular people have never been in control of any government so water is wet. The rest is a free speech issue. It will never be perfect. While you say we are flawed, I say our founding fathers nailed it with the way they set it up. Everyone likes to think things are different now. They are exactly the same, only people are too stupid to understand that.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-09-2019, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
"We should challenge students in these schools that have advanced placement programs in these schools," "We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

The man should step down. He's clearly racist, it doesn't get much more racist than that
I know right. All these idiots really don't think white kids grow up poor. Black people in the bay area have been told that their whole lives. It just blows my mind that this politically motivated lie continues.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2019, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:

But, but, he is their only hope!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-09-2019, 6:24 AM Reply   
For anyone wondering, that was Joe Biden in Iowa. Not the bad orang man
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-09-2019, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
but only wrong-ish. Any company that is hiring someone factors in the payroll tax as part of the total cost of bringing on the employee, just as the company factors in the cost of 401k match, health insurance subsidy, paid time off, etc.

Whether the employee would have the leverage to cause that money to be paid to the employee instead of left in the employer's pociket if there were no such thing as payroll tax is an open question tho. People like to argue that cutting taxes results in higher wages, but TCJA experience seems to belie that.
I don't believe that cutting taxes leads to direct higher wages. I believe it allows for hiring or investment in the company or better returns for 401k's. More hiring is good. More investment should mean buying equipment which means more secondary jobs or possibly more production. More production usually means cheaper prices. no more production but more jobs usually means higher prices and the potential for wage growth.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-09-2019, 8:05 AM Reply   
The bank my wife works at gave everyone bonuses out of the money they saved from the tax cut.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-09-2019, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:

It was also like when Hillary speaking about illegals, she said who was going to change their sheets and wash their clothes. She actually said that out loud. We know why the left likes to yell racism. All their leaders are racists so they think everyone else is. Just like all the hollywood people being raped to get a movie role. They figure that if those people are doing it, all the fly over people are doing it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-09-2019, 11:02 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1990846]
Quote:
Churches have been violating their status for decades by allowing politicians to speak and leaders telling the congregation who they need to vote for.

I assume you're referring to the hood rat AME "churches" right? If so, congratulations, you are correct for the first time on this thread. Good boy.
Yeah, and the redneck, hillbilly congregations where they proclaim Jesus was a white, gun-toting, brown-man hating, Republican.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-09-2019, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
No, the republicans are not making it their policy where the democrats keep telling everyone they do all these great things. Republicans simply are letting them make their own decisions. I think Trump is trying to address it. He talks to black community leaders all the time about these things.

Your comment pretty much sums up the child like grasp of laws and policy vs ones personal feeling of humans.

Because one does not support destroying the country that our forefathers built and our citizens continue to maintain through blood sweat and tears does not mean we hate other humans. You can not save everyone and when you grow up, you may realized that. You can not move in people in a infinite amount without destroying those who are here. Can I move 20 people into your house and make you pay for it? How long would it before you give up when you can't get ahead due to them forcing your income and space from your hands. You may not hate the people they moved into your house, but you certain would hate the situation. Especially when the situation is to aleviate people of a culture who did not want to have the fight to make their own free prosperous country. They simply want yours.
You are full of $h!t. No one talks about "personal feeling" politics than you, my friend. The GOP has you convinced that illegal immigration is the reason you aren't more successful when maybe you should just accept that maybe you are the root cause. The GOP points the finger as much as the other party, it just makes you feel better so you don't acknowledge it. Billions of dollars is pumped into the US economy through illegal immigration so if you don't believe the GOP prospers from it, you are severely deluded.

It's funny that you compare the bastardization of this Republican utopia you envision to the country "our forefathers built".
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2019, 11:20 AM Reply   
Biden is a corporate weasel, only one tiny step above Killery.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2019, 6:10 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=wake77;1990893]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post

Yeah, and the redneck, hillbilly congregations where they proclaim Jesus was a white, gun-toting, brown-man hating, Republican.
Lol! You do such a primo job of proving your core dishonesty on a regular basis. Bravo.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2019, 4:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
We are not a democracy. We are a republic. That is why we have checks and balances. That is why we don't let a couple big cities control who runs the government. Why are big cities highly populated? Lots of in breeding and others running to the city for MONEY!!! You guys complain about money but want the biggest money areas to control the country.
Yes, because it makes sense to let the dirt vote count more than the vote of the people who generate the GDP. BTW didn't you run to the money and now complain about it?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-10-2019, 4:21 AM Reply   
Well sounds like they got to Epstein. Not surprising I guess. Trump must be pleased to get the attention off his disgusting self-promoting publicity tour of the mass shooting towns.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2019, 4:37 AM Reply   
Each morning you only have to Turn on the TV to here what the MEDIA tells you to be upset or outraged about. For me each day is like watching a child open a crappy birthday present. They start crying when they see they got coal for the 600th day in a row. But each day they way up thinking it’s gonna be better LOL
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2019, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Each morning you only have to Turn on the TV to here what the MEDIA tells you to be upset or outraged about. For me each day is like watching a child open a crappy birthday present. They start crying when they see they got coal for the 600th day in a row. But each day they way up thinking it’s gonna be better LOL
Haha! Silly DemonKKKrats.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-10-2019, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Well sounds like they got to Epstein. Not surprising I guess. Trump must be pleased to get the attention off his disgusting self-promoting publicity tour of the mass shooting towns.
Here is the Mother Fvcker on the publicity tour giving the thumbs up while Melania is holding an orphaned baby from the shooting. What an A-hole.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2019, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
The bank my wife works at gave everyone bonuses out of the money they saved from the tax cut.
Like every week? Or once?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2019, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Just saw Trump retreated a conspiracy theory that it was the Clinton that killed him. He is the perfect President for the USA, I'm starting to hope he gets in for 2020, just for the lol's.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2019, 1:54 AM Reply   
Quote:

Lol! You do such a primo job of proving your core dishonesty on a regular basis. Bravo.
Okay, so what do you base this comment on? Where is the "core dishonesty" from my post?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2019, 1:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Just saw Trump retreated a conspiracy theory that it was the Clinton that killed him. He is the perfect President for the USA, I'm starting to hope he gets in for 2020, just for the lol's.
And the Trumpsters are running full speed with it. Here is their logic. "The Mueller investigation produced nothing"...Despite dozens of indictments and convictions. But they'll believe that Clinton had Epstein killed, Obama was born in Kenya, and the Clinton's were running a sex-trafficking operation out of a DC pizza place. They accept Facebook meme's as verifiable proof, but call out news organizations of "Fake news".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2019, 4:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Okay, so what do you base this comment on? Where is the "core dishonesty" from my post?
Your previous post, retard.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2019, 4:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
And the Trumpsters are running full speed with it. Here is their logic. "The Mueller investigation produced nothing"...Despite dozens of indictments and convictions. But they'll believe that Clinton had Epstein killed, Obama was born in Kenya, and the Clinton's were running a sex-trafficking operation out of a DC pizza place. They accept Facebook meme's as verifiable proof, but call out news organizations of "Fake news".
“News organizations” like CNN or MSNBC? Sorry pal, those are just the propaganda wings of the DNC. Next!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2019, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your previous post, retard.
Oh, you mean when I offered a rebuttal of when you tried to imply that it's only the black churches that get behind political candidates? What exactly about it was "core dishonesty"? Or do you even have a clue on what you are talking about?

Last edited by wake77; 08-11-2019 at 7:42 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2019, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
“News organizations” like CNN or MSNBC? Sorry pal, those are just the propaganda wings of the DNC. Next!
But Fox News is okay? Or Facebook memes from "Trump's Loyal Dumbfcks"?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2019, 6:32 PM Reply   
Wake... c’mon. Responding to you is like shooting fish in a barrel if I want to take the time to go there. Truth is I don’t care enough. You’ve got the pedal to the metal, but you’re too stupid to know you’re out of gas and going nowhere with your comments. You’re like a guy who’s begging to take a third or fourth ride on that “huge bucking bronco,” but you ran out of quarters and your mom is too far away putting groceries in the car.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-12-2019, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wake... c’mon. Responding to you is like shooting fish in a barrel if I want to take the time to go there. Truth is I don’t care enough. You’ve got the pedal to the metal, but you’re too stupid to know you’re out of gas and going nowhere with your comments. You’re like a guy who’s begging to take a third or fourth ride on that “huge bucking bronco,” but you ran out of quarters and your mom is too far away putting groceries in the car.
He's what you call a beta bi tch. He gets a girl, they cuck him non stop while he watches & cries in the corner (to be fair he does that here too, we cuck him over & over & he just cries & is prone to angry outburst more commonly associated with female abusers). Then he comes here & acts all big tough repeats the same crap over & over, shows he lacks basic creativity or thought & is just a mindless parrot that repeats what his facebook feeds told him to be upset about that morning. What a crappy way to start your day; alone & angry. Then crying in a corner

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 08-12-2019 at 5:56 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 4:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are full of $h!t. No one talks about "personal feeling" politics than you, my friend. The GOP has you convinced that illegal immigration is the reason you aren't more successful when maybe you should just accept that maybe you are the root cause. The GOP points the finger as much as the other party, it just makes you feel better so you don't acknowledge it. Billions of dollars is pumped into the US economy through illegal immigration so if you don't believe the GOP prospers from it, you are severely deluded.

It's funny that you compare the bastardization of this Republican utopia you envision to the country "our forefathers built".
Funny thing is, I actually profit more from government control. I am plenty successful in my field. It is democrats that are trying to kill the middle class and open our borders.

Of course both parties point the finger. I just know which party is for opening the US to UN control ultimately.

Actually illegal immigration costs the tax payers billions. Estimated over $52 billion a year in California alone now. Then the money sent out of the local economies. You are right, their labor is lining the pockets of a few rich people and the unions, all while the middle gets screwed paying for them and having to compete with them.

There are plenty of problems with Republicans too, only difference is they are not trying to kill the US as we know it. Bush and the NAFTA idiots had a hand in this too.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 4:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Yes, because it makes sense to let the dirt vote count more than the vote of the people who generate the GDP. BTW didn't you run to the money and now complain about it?
Nope. They recruited me. My job was never a high paying get what you can get position. It was about stability and benefits. Never about making max money.

Love your elitist attitude. Democrat through and through. That is why democrats are pieces of crap.

You keep your GDP. Fly over people will keep their food. Let's see how long before you would try to send an army because you would starve and turn into a 3rd world country within 2 weeks.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2019, 11:18 AM Reply   
Yield curve has inverted. Danger of recession is high now, it will make it difficult for Trump to be re-elected if you have a year of recession leading up to the election.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yield curve has inverted. Danger of recession is high now, it will make it difficult for Trump to be re-elected if you have a year of recession leading up to the election.
Not really. Trump did not get elected on the economy. I think that is where you leftest are missing the big picture. Trump was elected based on the rampant leftism in the country. The same leftism that has been tripled down on during the start of this election cycle.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2019, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not really. Trump did not get elected on the economy. I think that is where you leftest are missing the big picture. Trump was elected based on the rampant leftism in the country. The same leftism that has been tripled down on during the start of this election cycle.
You speak like every person votes the way they vote for the same reason, that's extremely naive. The last election was super close, if you think that Trumps handling of the economy won't swing some undeciders the other way I think you are deluded.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-14-2019, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
No he wasn't. The DNC took Trump for granted and didn't fight harder in states it thought were in the bag for Hillary. That's it. "Rampant leftism" had nothing to do with it. There really wasn't that big a difference between Hillary and Trump.

If you think Trump will get re-elected in the midst of a stalled economy you are going to be very upset in 2020.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-14-2019, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
He's what you call a beta bi tch. He gets a girl, they cuck him non stop while he watches & cries in the corner (to be fair he does that here too, we cuck him over & over & he just cries & is prone to angry outburst more commonly associated with female abusers). Then he comes here & acts all big tough repeats the same crap over & over, shows he lacks basic creativity or thought & is just a mindless parrot that repeats what his facebook feeds told him to be upset about that morning. What a crappy way to start your day; alone & angry. Then crying in a corner
Hey it could be worse. I could be stuck in your miserable life. You come on here, cry about your daughter and then lie and make $h!t up to try to prove your points. I bet you keep wondering how many more burritos you are going to have to fold before they finally make you the CEO at Taco Bell.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-14-2019, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Funny thing is, I actually profit more from government control. I am plenty successful in my field. It is democrats that are trying to kill the middle class and open our borders.

Of course both parties point the finger. I just know which party is for opening the US to UN control ultimately.

Actually illegal immigration costs the tax payers billions. Estimated over $52 billion a year in California alone now. Then the money sent out of the local economies. You are right, their labor is lining the pockets of a few rich people and the unions, all while the middle gets screwed paying for them and having to compete with them.

There are plenty of problems with Republicans too, only difference is they are not trying to kill the US as we know it. Bush and the NAFTA idiots had a hand in this too.
So you don't think that Trump possibly benefits from illegal immigrant labor? You do understand where he made his money?

And I love that you don't think that illegal immigrants spend money in local economies. How do you think they eat, live, put gas in their car, etc.?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-14-2019, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
You "don't care enough", yet your dumbass responds to just about everything I post???
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
You speak like every person votes the way they vote for the same reason, that's extremely naive. The last election was super close, if you think that Trumps handling of the economy won't swing some undeciders the other way I think you are deluded.
Last election was not even close when it comes to electoral votes but of course it always seems to come down to a couple big swing states.

I am sure the economy can and will move the needle for some people but if the economy was the issue before, democrats would have won everything. Weren't we finally out of the recession that obama inherited 8 years previous? Why was Trump elected if the economy was going well?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
No he wasn't. The DNC took Trump for granted and didn't fight harder in states it thought were in the bag for Hillary. That's it. "Rampant leftism" had nothing to do with it. There really wasn't that big a difference between Hillary and Trump.

If you think Trump will get re-elected in the midst of a stalled economy you are going to be very upset in 2020.
Time will tell. Of course it will not go very well for democrats when they use the sound bits of democrats on TV hoping for a bad economy so they can defeat Trump. Bad optics.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2019, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Time will tell. Of course it will not go very well for democrats when they use the sound bits of democrats on TV hoping for a bad economy so they can defeat Trump. Bad optics.
Indeed, time will tell. I don't have any confidence that the Dems will win if they pick Biden, he has the same stink as Hillary.

Bit rich for a trump supporter to talk of "Bad optics" there are new rules in place about what is and isn't acceptable for Presidents now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2019, 4:24 AM Reply   
Looks like those filthy squad members' past words have had some consequences. DJT gets a gold star for this one. Hey libtards, don't mess with The Donald unless you're prepared to get the horns. #morewinning LOL
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/isr...f-bds-movement
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 4:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Indeed, time will tell. I don't have any confidence that the Dems will win if they pick Biden, he has the same stink as Hillary.

Bit rich for a trump supporter to talk of "Bad optics" there are new rules in place about what is and isn't acceptable for Presidents now.
Who's rules? Never heard of them.

Also, like I said before. The stock market is a world economic health indicator, NOT an American worker indicator.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 08-15-2019 at 4:39 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 4:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
They all have a stink. As soon as they raised their hands saying they would give illegals full medical benefits, the cat was out of the bag. They finally acknowledged in a public forum of what I have been saying they were doing for 20 years. Now there is a nice line in the sand for the American public. Even in ol liberal California when that issue came to vote, 70% of the public voted to NOT give illegals public money. Of course they shopped that to a liberal Anti America judge who said it was against the state constitution and removed the law. Now they get over $50 billion a year in state assistance of various sorts including the newly passed law where they get free medical paid for by the middle class until they are 26 years old. That will increase the drain from the public.

On a side note, you do know that the biggest democrat saying is that you should "vote for your own best interests". I am always suspect about all foreign people tend to support the democrats when talking politics. Wonder why that is?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-15-2019, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looks like those filthy squad members' past words have had some consequences. DJT gets a gold star for this one. Hey libtards, don't mess with The Donald unless you're prepared to get the horns. #morewinning LOL
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/isr...f-bds-movement
I'm assuming that you are also OK with universities banning right wing speakers.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-15-2019, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who's rules? Never heard of them.
They are called mores.

Quote:
Also, like I said before. The stock market is a world economic health indicator, NOT an American worker indicator.
Workers have been getting hosed when the economy is good and hosed when the economy is bad for decades now. Curious -- what do you consider a good indicator of worker economic health?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm assuming that you are also OK with universities banning right wing speakers.
Israel does not have the same constitution as we do and they actually have a law on the books that state that people who are party of the Defund Israel movement are not permitted to enter the country. The only reason they were debating them being able to come in was a favor to congress. I am indifferent about their decision not to let them in because those 2 people speak openly against Israel and are actively trying to destroy them.

Universities already ban right wing speakers so it does not matter if Mark approves or not.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 6:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
They are called mores.

Workers have been getting hosed when the economy is good and hosed when the economy is bad for decades now. Curious -- what do you consider a good indicator of worker economic health?
Good question. Not the stock market. That is international money.

The 2 main factors I would say is the real unemployment then wages and benefits.

You would then have to look at general affordability. For instance in the Bay Area, middle class workers with a generally good job are being outpaced by the cost of local regulations, a excess of cheap labor from out of the country, and chinese investment is real estate that is taking affordable housing off the market.

2 of the 3 items listed are being done on purpose by the democrat leaders of the state. The 3rd can be possibly held as national policy fueled by our uneven trade balance with the chinese.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
They are called mores.
Ah. Like the unwritten rules of base ball. So not real rules, just social relativism.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-15-2019, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Good question. Not the stock market. That is international money.

The 2 main factors I would say is the real unemployment then wages and benefits.

You would then have to look at general affordability. For instance in the Bay Area, middle class workers with a generally good job are being outpaced by the cost of local regulations, a excess of cheap labor from out of the country, and chinese investment is real estate that is taking affordable housing off the market.

2 of the 3 items listed are being done on purpose by the democrat leaders of the state. The 3rd can be possibly held as national policy fueled by our uneven trade balance with the chinese.
I know your politics Delta -- that's not what I'm interested in.

What I'm asking is what actual measure do you look to? The unemployment rate? Consumer Price Index? Something else? How do you objectively/measurably tell whether things are getting better or worse?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:

What I'm asking is what actual measure do you look to? The unemployment rate? Consumer Price Index? Something else? How do you objectively/measurably tell whether things are getting better or worse?
I literally just told you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:

Also, those 3 items are not politics. It is the reality on the ground. You want me to show you pictures from under all the over passes over in Oakland?

In addition to real unemployment, wages and benefits, and affordability; I believe types of jobs.

Middle class has seen the sucking sound of factory work leaving.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 08-15-2019 at 7:10 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2019, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Curious -- what do you consider a good indicator of worker economic health?
How about auto loan delinquency? It's a measure that's a good defa to measure because the thinking is if you can't keep up with your car payments you must be really struggling because you use your car to get to work etc.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-15-2019, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
How about auto loan delinquency? It's a measure that's a good defa to measure because the thinking is if you can't keep up with your car payments you must be really struggling because you use your car to get to work etc.
I like that one. That seems legit.

Just read an article about low housing defaults and delinquency even though the market looks similar to just before the last bubble.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2019, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
I like that one. That seems legit.

Just read an article about low housing defaults and delinquency even though the market looks similar to just before the last bubble.
Can you send me the link, the car stuff I've seen doesn't look good