Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-25-2017, 8:48 PM Reply   
Yes I do mean videos of boat riding, but with tiny wakes.
Wakeboarding Hall of Fame just recently posted this one of Dean Lavelle behind a Zodiac, on pretty choppy water too. Pretty insane!
Reminded me of this one of Byerly that I'm sure most here will know.
I then remembered seeing a vid of Phil Soven doing a 7 behind a PWC. Can't find the video now. Anyone?

A few years ago Bob Soven and Kevin Henshaw came to Costa Rica for an event, done in a shallow pond so they were riding behind a tiny Sea Doo.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other videos in this category?

Just cool to see that you do not really really need a $120K G23-wake to pull of some decent tricks...
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-25-2017, 10:51 PM Reply   
Nick Davies throwing a FS 7 behind a jet ski double up
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-26-2017, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Just cool to see that you do not really really need a $120K G23-wake to pull of some decent tricks...
"You" as in maybe you. I need the wake.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-26-2017, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have a mega wake, but I love all wake types. My dad has a 25ft tri-toon and it is super fun to ride (Imagine a super wide wake with a spine in the middle). I ride at about 20mph on a 60ft line and let it rip, Ollie the spine, clear the doubles. Wake to spine, spine to wake. And all of this is on a 4 inch wake and a knee-high spine.

Wakeboarding is all about shredding and having a good time. I just built a modern directional specifically for un-ideal conditions.

Never lose your inner-kook and you will last forever in wakeboarding.

#kookshavemorefun
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-27-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
David O'Caoimh is one of my favorite riders and he does a bunch of youtube videos. 2 of his videos were to motivate beginners by showing that you don't need a big wake to learn.

Here is a video of him shredding behind an almost completely unweighted ski boat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FbeOj-Hp4s

Here is him doing things many of us still can't do behind massive wakes, behind a jetski.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nogr8GCIL9k

Last edited by timelinex; 04-27-2017 at 9:18 AM.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       05-09-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Here's another video David just released and it's him riding behind a ski boat with a tiny wake and no tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfTKbcyIvRM
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       05-09-2017, 3:15 PM Reply   
That wake's still bigger than mine! But some lovely riding! (I believe a pylon still counts as a tower though!) I wasn't a fan of his earlier videos but now he's certainly grown on me!

Last edited by razorjaw; 05-09-2017 at 3:16 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       05-09-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorjaw View Post
That wake's still bigger than mine! But some lovely riding! (I believe a pylon still counts as a tower though!) I wasn't a fan of his earlier videos but now he's certainly grown on me!
Yea I guess the Pylon is hgher than attaching to the tubing pylon boats come with. But can't beat the jetski video! Tantrum to blind, crowmobe's, 540s. etc on a tiny wake and low rope.

I like his unique and playful style. His videos are obviously not on the same level as professional wake videos, but it's a guy self-recording and editing at home.....On the other hand, show me 1 pro that you can suggest tricks/feats online for them and they will do it. He's really actually in touch with his fan base.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       05-09-2017, 5:37 PM Reply   
Agreed! By earlier I meant his first couple (SO much talking), but they got better and now he's definitely doing the right things by his fan base!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2017, 6:57 AM Reply   
as much as this thread is fun, I know better..i watch the old and new pros and cable riders be able to stand in place and do flips, go out in the flats and do mobes with no wake, and of course at the cable off the water big air tricks..

you either are very talented and can do tricks like pros pretty on any type of water or obstacle..

in the real world not a lot of amateurs can do this , hence the need for larger wakes just to get any air lOL

do we need the 80k-180k new style blinged out boat , no, I still like the older boats like 200-2008 VLX and others that were under 50k and put out nice wakes with upgraded weight packages..

I like riding the Gs , LSV, and MXZ and others in this class but in no way is it necessary

so I'm in the middle big wakes yes but oats that cost more then the average house, no..

actually my new favorite boat that can be considered a value line boat(in the public eyes) is the MB series both the B52 and especially the Tomcat F22, these boats have nice wakes , really nice wakes, look good but provide only the basics for under 70k brand new.. wake size shape and overall look and finish of boat VS price makes this IMO the best bang for buck boat on the market today outside of buying a used 10yr or less boat out there..