Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-17-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this boat, do you think it's a good buy? I really like the color and all the features but want to make sure it's a good price. Check it out and let me know your thoughts!
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=45957
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-17-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
I would ask the owner why it needed a new tranny and prop shaft with only 350 hours? Sounds like they hit something or neglected maintenance for the tranny to go out that early.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-17-2014, 2:16 PM Reply   
I also have a 06 VLX and i would say that's a fair mid season price. However, we are on the tail end of the season now... at least in MN! I would ask which prop he has in this boat as it has the 4 ballast system. If it doesn't have the correct prop its a real pain to get it out the water quickly. I would also check all the seams as this era/age of boat is going to definite have some love marks. My interior was completely redone a couple yrs back. My buddies with a LSV and VTX of that same era both are having a terrible time keeping the seams on their cushions as well.

Is the wedge power or manual?

I wish mine had the illusion X not the titan III tower!

As previously mentioned sounds like he found a nice rock/log and nailed it... Check your fiberglass!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-17-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Mastercraf_X5 View Post
I also have a 06 VLX and i would say that's a fair mid season price. However, we are on the tail end of the season now... at least in MN! I would ask which prop he has in this boat as it has the 4 ballast system. If it doesn't have the correct prop its a real pain to get it out the water quickly. I would also check all the seams as this era/age of boat is going to definite have some love marks. My interior was completely redone a couple yrs back. My buddies with a LSV and VTX of that same era both are having a terrible time keeping the seams on their cushions as well.

Is the wedge power or manual?

I wish mine had the illusion X not the titan III tower!

As previously mentioned sounds like he found a nice rock/log and nailed it... Check your fiberglass!
Go over to themalibucrew.com, i bet almost anyone would trade you their illusion for the titan III. They worship that tower! I prefer the illusion though.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-17-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
That's NOT a 2006... Its a 2005...
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-17-2014, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennery View Post
That's NOT a 2006... Its a 2005...
Agree surprised I missed that since I have an 05 but gel scheme is dead givaway. May be a little high considering I paid that for mine 3 years ago but that just depends on area and i guess they're holding value really well...
Old     (Rich_Bruening)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-17-2014, 8:39 PM Reply   
^^ true statement Tony, I've been watching these things for 3 yrs now and used to always check onlyinboards before bed. It's hard to find these around 35k if in decent condition. Surprised to hear that era of boats having vinyl issues tearing in the stitching though. Def make sure to get the back story on the tranny and prop shaft. Titan towers are rock solid for sure. Still not a bad price, Maybe try to talk him down for end of season due to storing all winter? All they can say is no...
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
I would say he is in the ballpark even though it is a 2005. I would re-consider if it didn't have the power wedge. I have seen some advertised for less, but usually its for good reason.

I shopped for VLX's like crazy last year and looked at some that were above average priced for our area and in horrible condition. Mine is on the market right now and I've had an insane amount of "well I found one for less than yours?", and usually when the buyer has "found" one, it means they pulled up an ad on craigslist

If you go look at it and everything feels right, I think the boat is priced within reason.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-18-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
I would say he is in the ballpark even though it is a 2005. I would re-consider if it didn't have the power wedge. I have seen some advertised for less, but usually its for good reason.

I shopped for VLX's like crazy last year and looked at some that were above average priced for our area and in horrible condition. Mine is on the market right now and I've had an insane amount of "well I found one for less than yours?", and usually when the buyer has "found" one, it means they pulled up an ad on craigslist

If you go look at it and everything feels right, I think the boat is priced within reason.
Bryce, what year are you selling? If mine sells I am looking to upgrade
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
this one is mine... http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...624709372.html

(I would have pm'd it to the person requesting, but I couldn't seem to get that to work)
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-18-2014, 12:11 PM Reply   
Aslo 05's wont have power wedge and the port rear compartment shouldn't open that wide (looks broken)
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-18-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
this one is mine... http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...624709372.html

(I would have pm'd it to the person requesting, but I couldn't seem to get that to work)
This one is much better and i would buy in a heartbeat over one in OP