Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-01-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
My buddy and I were at our local boat show last weekend and were disappointed with the lack of wakeboard boats there. granted it's all about fishing and river cruising in pontoons around here lol.

Anyway he is looking to update boats this year or next (currently has a 05 bayliner 185) so we went to get ideas and check out inboards. We were able to take a look at some Nautiques, supras, moombas, Tiges, Sangers and mastercrafts. no malibu/axis boats there sadly.

Most were out of his price range, but a moomba, axis, or sanger that is a few years old isn't.

I noticed the sanger boat's wrap around cabin seats were extremely low, I'm 6'2" he's 5'9" and it was a long way down. are all the sangers like this? the storage under the seats was super shallow. however I bet that low freeboard looks amazing on the water. Also I was only able to walk under like 3 of the 30 boats with bimini. is that expected for a guy my height? I could walk under the back of most but not the front.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out most of these boats in person (done lots of research though). thought is was cool and couldn't believe how tall the nautique g23 is on a trailer lol.
Old    dreamboat1            02-01-2017, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'm 6'1" and get around my 2016 SANGER just fine I can walk under my Bimini top just fine. Yes it's a lower freeboard then some of these boats and shallower compartment space but haven't had an issue. Few reasons I went with the Sanger and I kind of dig the old school style is I believe they are quality built I believe the company is more personal with their product as they are a smaller company and are not a big corporation like some of these manufacturers out there having high overhead having to pay top level execs and what not. I was all about Axis because I knew I couldn't afford Malibu or a Nautique(which is what I learned to wakeboard behind) and it just didn't do it for me especially with a 75+k price tag. Don't get me wrong I've seen a few Axis boats at the launch and I was digging them. I got 2500lbs of total ballasts with Bennett surf tab system and puts out a great wake. Now you will find people who will get in to debates and talk this ballast system fills faster I got 5000+lbs of total ballast so I'm no pro don't need all that. For me it's all about being connected with your boat and making memories with family. Tell your buddy if he hasn't already to check out the Sanger website they have videos of their building process and what they achieve they are a low key company. I bought my boat brand new end of the season for about 20k cheaper then it would normally be priced during the peak season, 5 year warranties on everything lifetime on hull of course.

Last edited by dreamboat1; 02-01-2017 at 8:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       02-01-2017, 10:50 AM Reply   
I agree with Cole - the Sangers are really cool boats. IMO, they are among the best looking boats on the water. Another smaller manufacturer to consider is MB Sports. We have a 2016 F22 and absolutely love it. Very well built boats and reasonably priced. Not sure whether there is any dealer support in your area, though.

Last edited by SoulSurfer; 02-01-2017 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-01-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
I don't think we have MB around here.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-02-2017, 10:28 AM Reply   
From Fargo and have a Sanger V215. Yes certainly shallower than some of the new deep surf boats but a breeze to dock and move around. Thing drives like a race car. Surprisingly a very dry boat for its depth. Seating on the lounger is never really annoying. Just your a little more laid back then the big boats. Puts out a good clean surf wave with 1100 lbs in the corner but by no means a monster like some. Don't think you'd be disappointed in its wave. The 212SL is deeper but I haven't surfed it yet.
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-02-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
There was a sanger with more freeboard there, is that the one you are talking about? I can't remember the model.

since my buddy has an I/O we mostly wakeboard but don't surf, but would like to get into it. I figured a sanger would be a good boat to advance our skills.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-02-2017, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yep 212 would be the deeper square front version. The 215s wakeboard wake is pretty nice. Fuel efficient boat as far as wakeboard boats go too.
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-02-2017, 10:53 AM Reply   
How is the wake at low speeds? like 17/18 mph
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-02-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
Good as long as the boat is evenly weighted. Have to mess with ballast a little to get both sides clean. My 12 year old rides 18 and it works but the wake is a little softer.
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-02-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
it would mainly be for learning new tricks and such. I would imagine biasing the ballast toward the front would help clean it up?
Old    dreamboat1            02-02-2017, 8:16 PM Reply   
http://spokane.craigslist.org/bod/5960598234.html pretty good price! he may have to make a long trip over hah
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-03-2017, 7:09 PM Reply   
I'm in fargo area, have explored most boats and dealers around here. Send a PM if have any more q's.
Old     (WakeNasty)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-21-2017, 8:37 PM Reply   
We need a Fargo wakeboard club! I am also from Fargo.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-22-2017, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeNasty View Post
We need a Fargo wakeboard club! I am also from Fargo.

Yes, yes we do...
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-22-2017, 5:25 AM Reply   
Agreed
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       02-22-2017, 6:52 AM Reply   
Go up to west hawk marine in Canada and they will help you out, lots of boats.they carry Nautique , supra , moomba
Old     (Epic21v)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-22-2017, 8:48 AM Reply   
Also from Fargo and would love to get a wakeboard club together!
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-22-2017, 10:31 AM Reply   
Ok, Fargoans send me a PM with contact info and I'll start a list.
Old     (WakeNasty)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-22-2017, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
Ok, Fargoans send me a PM with contact info and I'll start a list.
Where is the pm button? I old so bear with me.
Old     (SHotz__21)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-22-2017, 9:09 PM Reply   
click on a username and on their page there will be a Private Message button.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-23-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
Got one PM so far
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-23-2017, 1:03 PM Reply   
I have a V215 and would agree with most of what has been said. I love mine and even with 1100lb ballast upgrades for each corner, the freeboard hasn't been an issue. I enjoy sitting lower to the water. My previous boat had huge amounts of freeboard and I hated that, felt so disconnected to the lake. Interior is roomy, definitely handles very well, gets good fuel economy until I sack the crap out of it. Build quality has been very good but so was my Sanger before this. Its hard to beat the looks of a V215 in the water. Is it perfect? no but it is pretty darn diverse and does everything really well. I know unless I win the lottery and can buy a big dollar boat, you won't be seeing my V215 up for sale anytime soon.