Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-07-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Where can i buy a new boat cover from without the straps..Any help..
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
For a Malibu, check out Evolution covers or Rankin.

http://evolutioncovers.com/
http://www.rankincovers.com/

They're having a GB on the Rankins right now....see the thread in this forum.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
I would do the Evolution. I called to get a price for my dad's MC and Rankin never got back to me. Cory from Evolution answered the phone when I called and was very helpful. This leads me to believe customer service is much better with Evolution. Cory worked for Rankin for years and now is on his own.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
David: Commercial Sewing is also very good.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on April 07, 2008)
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-07-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
I'm going with the evolution cover and Cory. I talked to Rankin and they do not use or specify the material they are going with. They bounce between two different materials, sunbrella and a knock off. I was told by Rankin that they use the knock off but it's suppose to be "just like sunbrella", but cheaper in price.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Evolution did an excellent job on the cover for my 03' Supra SSV. Fits nicely, and I love watching the water bead off of it.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-08-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
do these covers use straps on the trailer. How do they work trailing..
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
David, They have clips that attach with velcro to adjust side-side tension and hold the cover to the rub rail. They work great when trailering.

Upload
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-08-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
3 years ago I ordered a charcoil tweed cover for my wakesetter from rankin. Got a black cover. Six months later he sent me another cover and let me keep the black one. Problem is the cover didn't come close to fitting. Not sure what it was made for. Never ever got the cover I really wanted. Quality of cover was great.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-08-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
When I called evolution back in October I was told they do not carry the templates for any Mastercraft boats. Has this changed?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-08-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Craig that may be. He started making a lot of malibu covers. Since Copes just orders mastercrafts with the cheaper Sharkskin covers on every boat I don't know if he has had a chance to get the templates for them. If I were you though I would just call and ask.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2008, 3:39 AM Reply   
Craig,

I don't believe he has the patterns for the MC's. I asked as well for a friend of mine (X-Star). I think if you sent him your cover he could fabricate one from there. I believe MC makes their own covers.

JHG
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-09-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Craig,

Talk to cory, He didn't have a templete for my 2000 malibu, but he found the same boat to measure and is making my cover right now. Ask cory, he may be able to get you templete.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-09-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually went with Rankin about 15 minutes after I talked to Cory last October. So far the Rankin fits and tows great. I just wanted to throw my experience out there, I seen a few MC owners with questions.