Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-11-2019, 3:19 PM Reply   
Nautique g21 Vs a Supra Sa 450 (WAKEBOARD only)
Which would have the better wake and a PRO wake.
Coming from an 2nd gen xstar so which would be more of an upgrade
Also on surf wave which would be longer and cleaner plus push
The G is a 2015 and the Supra sa is a 2016 which has upgraded ballast
Which would have better resale, fit and finish and more space.
Need
Pics as well
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-12-2019, 1:19 AM Reply   
https://youtu.be/G1iF9jgGSM4

Welp, the SA is good enough for this guy^^ and all the athletes on the Pro Wakeboard Tour stomping 1080's and double flips. Given that info, it should work for you. It's the same length boat as a G23, so edge would definitely be towards the SA over the G21.

*the boat in the video is a 2018, but the hull has been unchanged since it was updated for 2016.

Last edited by Ttime41; 07-12-2019 at 1:27 AM.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       07-12-2019, 3:34 AM Reply   
Been on both and I would echo the above, although I'm not a good enough boarder to take advantage of the potential of either of these boats lol.

Supra will surf better for sure.

Can't remember much as far as interior finish...I'd say interiors are a wash for the years you're looking at. I think the Supras have gotten MUCH nicer over the past year with the 2019 interiors.
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-12-2019, 4:43 AM Reply   
Okay thanks do you know which has better stock and which is has a better shape and you have any pic of the wake? Also might be looking at a 13 or 14 g23 so is the g21 on Pat with that? All of these boats are around the same price. G21 is the cheapest though then the Sa is the in the middle.
Old     (CSRA_Gator)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-12-2019, 5:47 AM Reply   
Supra is a fantastic boat. I actually know of a SE550 which was made as an exact replica of what pulled the pro tour a few years back. It’s for sale and it’s one of the best Wakeboarding and surfing boats I’ve ever been on. Lmk if you want some info.
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-12-2019, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSRA_Gator View Post
Supra is a fantastic boat. I actually know of a SE550 which was made as an exact replica of what pulled the pro tour a few years back. It’s for sale and it’s one of the best Wakeboarding and surfing boats I’ve ever been on. Lmk if you want some info.
I actually can not fit a se in my storage garage as the i think the biggest boat I can fit is a axis a24
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-13-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
Can any one tell me the wake shape differences and if for sure the Supra is the better buy?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2019, 2:37 PM Reply   
Bro, nobody will be able to come out and say which boat is a better buy. There are way too many factors that come into play. Both are great boats in very different ways. Different brands sell better in different regions. Hours, condition, year all come into play. Find a clean one, take it for a lake test and if you love it buy it.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-13-2019, 4:26 PM Reply   
“Wakeboard only” imho

- The pre 2016 G23 is pretty much impossible to beat. You can add more weight forever and it just gets bigger with great shape.

- G21 is going to be a bit steeper.

- 2016+ SA will be similar to g23 shape with lots of added weight.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-14-2019, 2:14 AM Reply   
I was in your shoes three years ago. I’m assuming you are running more than stock in your star which means you are used to a very steep wake. We went with a G21 and love it. It is extremely steep, gets massive (wakeboard wake) and has a very nice table all the way back width wise and another benefit is being able to ride slower on the G I dropped about 1.5-2 mph consistently regardless of rope length when we went from star to G. I can only give you my experience, that being said out of the box the G will throw a larger wake solely because of the footprint of the boat. Even though G is a shorter boat, interior space is much, much better than star because half of the boat isn’t in the bow like the x star. I’m not a huge surfer, but surf wave is for sure solid. I will try and put up some wake/wave pics if it will allow me to. Regardless, they are phenomenal options you really cannot go wrong here. Have fun and good luck!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-14-2019, 2:25 AM Reply   
Here are some wake pictures and one surf pic. We don’t surf very often.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-14-2019, 2:11 PM Reply   
Thanks still try to make up our mind my folks are buying it for us as I am going into college so I wanted to see which is a better fit me and my dad will be riding it a lot though.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       07-15-2019, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardrider123 View Post
Thanks still try to make up our mind my folks are buying it for us as I am going into college so I wanted to see which is a better fit me and my dad will be riding it a lot though.

What part of the country are you in?
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       07-15-2019, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
What part of the country are you in?
I live in central Florida. I am leaning towards a g21 so we will be looking now for a as the one we were looking at expired and is not posted anymore. We really like the price better on the 21 compared to others.