Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
So I'm throwing a pair of Rev 10's in my boat with a syn4. My current inboats are just the basic rockford fosgates, and no sub. I'm planning on buying a new boat after summer, so I'm just doing the towers for now. My question is how do they sound all around? I know they rock when up loud, but how are they for just chilling, how's the midbass at lower levels, and will they help my system sound better when I'm not trying to throw to the rider?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
When we surf, we dont even turn the in boats on. That is how good I think the all around sound is.
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-07-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
I've had hlcd horns and got a pair of Revs about 3 weeks ago. They're incredible. You can hear the midbass at all levels and I probably wouldn't mind just listening to them without the cabins. Well worth it IMO.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
How about when you're just hanging out in the boat, how do they sound?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
How about when you're just hanging out in the boat, how do they sound?
Great for anybody sitting towards the back of the boat. When I am driving, I turn the in - boats on low just so I can have a little tunes (this is due to where the Rev 10s sit in relation to driver or any passenger sitting up towards the front)
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
They are going to be on an illusion tower, so just about everyone shoudl be able to hear them well lol.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-07-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
Yes, everyone will hear them because they are low and forward on an Illusion. But I can't imagine a better way to go than a single pair of REV10s in the higher position. When you are playing the REVs super loud since you are mounting on a vertical surface you can use the swivel collars to tilt the speakers up a bit. This will level the speakers while the boat is pulling and squated but angle the speakers a little more up and over the heads of the rear cockpit occupants.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
That's my thought too. I don't want to go all out on the stereo of this boat when I'm buying a new one, so I figured buy a pair of white Rev10s, enjoy them this year, then move them next to the new boat. I was just wondering how well they work at lower volume, and it sounds like very well.