Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
GOing to test them out this weekend. So far just tried on the marek boots. Super comfy, one hell of a heel lock
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-04-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
You are going to love them until you have to swim back to the boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quick note to the System fans. I know you like your boots, but please take them off before you trample my new interior! Bare feet only on my vinyl! :-)
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Thank god for people pulling me via the rope.

My boots are going to go on and come off on the swim deck. Don't want them on my vinyl either.

Have only got to stand on my board witht he bindings on, but I can already tell how much more stiff they are than any other wakebaord bindings I've used.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-04-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
I have ridden them maybe 6 times and the response is unreal. I remember coming in toeside and cutting back to my heel edge to surf the wake and the board went into a butterslide because I wasn't used to the speed of the response. I also noticed that when cutting out and sitting to set up a progressive edge I was getting on my heels to much and coming back in prematurely. On my old boots I never noticed but the system responded even when I thought I was sitting flat. It sounds crazy but if you have ridden them you know what I mean. Every movement feel exaggerated when it translates to the board. My first set one them was terrible but once I got used to them I rode really well. I landed all my inverts in my 3rd set of the year and it usually takes me a month or so to get everything back.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-04-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
O yea and to be honest I forget about the boots pretty quick. You can detach from your board so much faster and easier and worry about taking your boots off on the platform sitting down rather than in the water with rollers slapping you in the face.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
I'm trying to figure out a way to get out and try them tonight. I'm minus my truck though to get the boat out.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
They're great. I took my first set of the year on them and felt more comfortable on my first set than I ever have. It is weird when you have the boots on in the water, unattached from the board, because your feet will want to float up. But, they're easier to swim in than wakeskate shoes in my opinion. I love how they feel though. Plenty of flexibility in every aspect. Carving, poking out grabs, on landings, etc... Definitely the most comfortable set up I have ever ridden in.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2011, 4:48 PM Reply   
One thing I do hate about them is that they are made in taiwan, if another company made a simialr product, and it was made int eh USA, I wouldn't even look at hyperlite.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-04-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
I will be getting the system i am ashamed, I agree I only buy made in the USA (Byerly will have the system soon made in USA?????? I hope they are still made in USA) and Michigan products as much as i can.

Support the home team I always say USA = GM, Ford and Fiat I mean Chrysler (Imported from Detroit)
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Is byerly still made int he USA? I try and buy everything I can made in teh usa, I'll spend a little extra just to do so. Gotta fix this economy, and if more people paid attention to this little fact it would happen quicker
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Here's a basic fact of life: virtually no footwear (wakeboard bindings, snowboard boots, shoes, etc...) are made in the US. In fact I can't think of one piece of footwear made in the US or North America. If somebody knows otherwise, please let me know. The reality is Asia can knock this stuff out way cheaper and faster and they're already set-up to do so.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
I beleive Slingshot is made in the US, My liquid force Lyman says it was made in the US. They can do it cheaper, though as they grow that fact won't be true for long. Part of the reason hthis is the fact is that people don't push to have things made here. More americans buy american equals more demand, equals more companies making things here
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Slingshot makes their boards in the US for sure, but most likely their boots are made overseas. Boards are pretty easy to manufacture compared to footwear.
Anyway, back to the point: let us know how you like the System when you do get to ride them. I've only tried them on on land, but they felt good.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-05-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
It's simple economics, we live in a capitalist system so if a manufacturer can make something over seas for a cheaper price why on earth would he get it made here? That equates to less money in their pocket. Sure you can say it is un-American but actually it is very American to make things where it is the most cost effective. That is the basis of a capitalist system. My only problem is when us corps file their headquarters in tax free countries to dodge taxes. The reason it is cheaper to be made in china has nothing to do with the us not wanting to do it. It is because china (for example) has not marketable goods or resources except for a very large population. Due to competition, the more population, the cheaper labor is. The fact is you can hate on companies being over seas but often times if they do not they cannot compete in today's market. It's a sad but true part if globalization.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-05-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
O yea rode them on the cable today it was awesome! It's so nice to snap out of your entire board by pulling two levers and not unlacing your boots, grab the board, lift heel etc
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-05-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
The problem about the whole made in the USA is that OSHA regulations are getting SO strict that the product can be made better and cheaper overseas. I know the main reason the Nova Hyperlite boards are being made overseas is because of the glass work that can be used over there compared to here due to the regulations.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2011, 10:50 PM Reply   
Haha I totally know what you mean about swimming in them... try kicking with them to swim back to the boat and it feels like you're going nowhere.

They do get some getting used to for sure.. I think you def need some time with them to really 'get' them. I'm still undecided on whether they are better than conventional boots but only time will tell on that one. I wonder how long its going to take for other companies to start their own 'system'...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
Swimming in them is an exercise in futility, but I like them a lot. Easier to get in and out of then normal bindings, my edging is really tight in them. The boots are super comfortable. They actually fit my lyman better than any other bindings I've tried