Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    jblinzler            05-29-2018, 6:05 AM Reply   
I currently ride two boards behind the boat. A CWB Marius and a Slingshot Reflex. I absolutely love the toe side flex and pop that my Reflex provides and I equally like the consistent heal hide pop my Marius provides.

I’m trying to find something in between. Preferably a continuous rocker and hopefully another slingshot. Any recommendations?
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2018, 8:48 AM Reply   
Hey Josh! As you know, I rode the Marius for a long time & I've ridden the Reflex a couple of times. I would give the CWB Groove a go. It has a similar smooth, high arcing pop, you're used to with the Marius, but has flex similar to the Slingshot boards. Additional differences are that it rides a little lower in the water, and it's a hair more locked in with the 1" fins.

Only thing I didn't like about every flex board I've had, is that they tend to lose their rebound/stiffness over time. You don't notice it, until you buy a new deck, but the snap definitely diminishes over time.

If you want something non-flex, that has a similar feel to the Marius, then try the Hyperlite Murray.

Whatever board you choose, just look for extra surface area with a continuous rail. Those are likely the characteristics you're looking for. It can be a hybrid or 3 stage rocker, as long as the rails are continuous.

Also you may want to read Boardco.com 's return policy. They have a lifetime satisfaction guarantee, allowing you to try boards and return them for just the cost of shipping.

Last edited by stoked_32; 05-29-2018 at 8:54 AM.
Old    jblinzler            05-30-2018, 6:12 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'll give the Groove and Boardco.com a look asap.

Thanks again.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2018, 10:46 AM Reply   
Humanoid Oracle and never look back.