Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       03-19-2018, 3:06 PM Reply   
Spent most of the winter behind a desk and at work so was stoked to get out on the water the other day at the Texas Ski Ranch. Brought along my GoPro Fusion since I had barely used it to try and figure out how this camera fits into my line up of cameras. Tom Fooshee was there and was kind enough to let me tag along on as doubles on a few of his laps to test out the camera. This is what I could come up with on my limited knowledge on how to edit 360 video. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Big thank you to Tom for letting me tag along and for also following my rookie skills around the park for a few laps with the camera!

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-19-2018, 6:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing! That was really cool & something super different. Was it hard to edit? I was skeptical of the fusion at first but this makes me stoked to see how people make use of it creatively
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       03-19-2018, 9:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
Thanks for sharing! That was really cool & something super different. Was it hard to edit? I was skeptical of the fusion at first but this makes me stoked to see how people make use of it creatively

Thank you! The plug ins GoPro has is only for Adobe premiere and after working with this footage all weekend I was very close to switching over to Premiere just for this camera and to be able to use their plug ins. But 40 bucks a month just to be able to edit something on a camera I'm not going to use 100% of the time didn't seem worth it. Final Cut Pro X can definitely get you good results but its a little tougher since they don't have the plug ins.

As for the editing, it's not too terrible once you piece together all the youtube video tutorials it takes to figure out what to do with the footage. There's a lot of information out there on youtube on how to do the basic editing but the more advanced stuff is a little harder to come by for the Fusion on FCPX. With that said, once I exported it from the fusion studio as the tiny planet video ( very easy to do) All I had to do was make my cuts, rotations and speed ramps in FCPX along with color correction. Not too bad all in all. It's just the learning curve of figuring it all out that takes a day or so to get used to.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-20-2018, 11:06 AM Reply   
very cool. so how do you see yourself using the camera?
can you adjust the FOV on it? seems like all the action was going on in less than 1/3 or so of the frame.
could you change the 360° "extreme fisheye" view to make it where you can pan around in 360°? hope that makes sense.

really cool technology! like you, not sure what I would do with it. but I enjoyed the video!
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       03-21-2018, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
very cool. so how do you see yourself using the camera?
can you adjust the FOV on it? seems like all the action was going on in less than 1/3 or so of the frame.
could you change the 360° "extreme fisheye" view to make it where you can pan around in 360°? hope that makes sense.

really cool technology! like you, not sure what I would do with it. but I enjoyed the video!

Thank you! I'm hoping to be able to use the camera as a an all in one rig where I can zoom in and pan the camera around the field of view in order to catch all the action with on e camera and move the camera to show the story thats being told. I think by zooming in it will get rid of that fish eye effect and get a little better field of view where all the action is happening.

We'll see, I need more time scouring the internet on how to use it in Final cut and see what else I can come up with.