Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-29-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
Here is another that would be better in the hot Texas sun. I think it looks good like this, but if the red could be red flake it would be even better. White trailer, white tower speakers, white tower.

Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-29 at 8.33.45 AM.jpg
Views: 4724
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-29 at 8.34.27 AM.jpg
Views: 4539
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-03-29 at 8.32.32 AM.jpg
Views: 4683
Size:  81.7 KB
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-29-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
I'm no photoshop wizard like you bastards are, but relying on my ms paint skillz, I still think this boat would be dope as hell.
Attached Images

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-29-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Chatt, I think you should do that to your new Axis. Think you could sell it easy? Would be a gamble for sure.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-29-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
If I could get pink metal flake without paying an arm and a leg for it, I'd seriously consider it. I don't think it would be any harder to sell than a solid black boat with all red interior.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-29-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Chatt--that is a great color combo and I'm planning on ordering a MB from TXMC in the next couple of days. Really just concerned about the resale value of a boat with pink but it looks awesome.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-29-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Anyone like the red with peanut butter interior??
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-29-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
I think that looks pretty sweet
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-29-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
I just thought about this, Classic gel scheme on the Tomcat.....

I think it works really good on the Tomcat, just need to figure out the right color combo.
Attached Images

Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Chatt, join us on the trip to MB and I'll ensure that you get a black and pink boat with both arms and legs attached... Bouncing around in that "inferior" Axis doesn't sound like it's the best choice for you man.. lol

you know i'm kidding...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-29-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hahahaha
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
you like that one huh? lol

I was just google'n trying to figure out how to buy that really cool toy known as photo shop... i even googled bootleg copy photo shop.. ha

I'm guessing it takes a masters degree to figure out how to work it?
These guys on here are bad ass with it.. nice work fellas
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Craig you can download a demo copy and use it for non-professional purposes. http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...?promoid=JOLIW click try and give it a shot it really is not hard for what you would want to do.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
thank you Mark. I'll look into it..
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-29-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
I love playing with the colors on a boat. I wish my local dealer would let me help pick them out. So here's another one for the heck of it and it just might be my favroite yet.

Wetsounds painted to match bright blue.
Boatmate Trailer bright blue with navy fenders and chrome wheels
20% tint on the glass
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-29-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
It's cool to see everyone's taste on here... Diggin the red with tan interior and the classic scheme on the f21. Nice work Preston.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-29-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
100% of tower powdercoated black
black windshield frame
tinted windows
black metal flake X
dark grey carpet

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-29-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
you like that one huh? lol

I was just google'n trying to figure out how to buy that really cool toy known as photo shop... i even googled bootleg copy photo shop.. ha

I'm guessing it takes a masters degree to figure out how to work it?
These guys on here are bad ass with it.. nice work fellas
I use GIMP. It's free and does all I have ever needed.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
Powder coat everything stainless on the interior black except logo's and make those white. White trailer black wheels.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
very cool design
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-30-2012, 2:50 PM Reply   
q
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
Powder coat everything stainless on the interior black except logo's and make those white. White trailer black wheels.
wow, that one gets my vote for sure.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-01-2012, 5:19 PM Reply   
Any word on a winner?
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-01-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance to pick. I'll do it Tuesday when we re-open.
Thanks everyone for your ideas!
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-03-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
You can e-mail me with the ticket info Any word?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-04-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
I will buy beers and dinner on the Monday we make the trip.. Look forward to it Craig
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Customer's Choice Edition 4.4.12

My winner is Mark (funky bunch). I look forward to designing a boat with him if his schedule will allow.

I also want to announce that I am going to bring another person! I was going to choose Ben R but I didn't want to get attacked with the "Texas" homer tag...
I need help from the masses. Please vote on who else should go..

Or just tell me why you should go.. Chatt, you down? Anybody else? Let's hear some recommendations...
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
Wait, Ben R is from Illinois. I may be leaning toward him for the second plane ticket. But I'll listen to other WW's who want to go..

Who wants to go?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-04-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Sweet sounds good.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-04-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Jon Hunter (hunter660) should get to go. He has a 23 TWB on order, maybe he would get to see his boat sprayed.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
I would love to go. I have placed and order for my first ever new boat, a MB 23TWB. It should begin production this month, so not only would I get to see the winner's boat getting built, but possibly mine also.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Funky Bunch designed a few, which one won? CONGRATS!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
I would love to go. I really would. I can't think of much I'd rather do than meet more people in the boating industry and help design a sweet new ride for someone. That being said, I've got a 2012 Axis A22 on order already. I'd rather someone take advantage of this great opportunity who has ordered, or may order, a '12 MB. Someone like that deserves to get a better idea of what they bought, and/or what is available to buy.

That being said, if no one else can go, and I don't have a trial or something, I'd love to come throw down one night and meet some fellow boaters!
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Jon, where did you buy your boat? Maybe I can get in touch with them for you... I can spend someone else's money with the best of em....

Ian, Mark had several ideas that both MB and I liked... I plan on building something together and posting official design. I just need to make sure we can do everything before I promise delivery.

Chatt, I appreciate the heads up. You'll be in a MB for 2014 though buddy. Don't get too attached to that "inferior" product... ha
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Jon, where did you buy your boat? Maybe I can get in touch with them for you... I can spend someone else's money with the best of em....

Ian, Mark had several ideas that both MB and I liked... I plan on building something together and posting official design. I just need to make sure we can do everything before I promise delivery.

Chatt, I appreciate the heads up. You'll be in a MB for 2014 though buddy. Don't get too attached to that "inferior" product... ha
Performance Water Sports in Johnson City, TN. He gave me a GREAT deal and has been very helpful in the order process.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-04-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:

Craig

Just let me know when and where and I am there. Looking forward to it.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Jon, I will try to get in touch with your dealer and see if there is a way to get you out there with us... Out of courtesy, I would certainly want them to know you are welcome to join us and experience the trip. I need to see when MB is actually going to build the chosen boat. I have a tentative date of mid May for production. It has to be on a Monday for it to work for me.. Who is your salesperson?

Mark, congrats man.. I look forward to putting something together with you. Perhaps we could set up something for you to stop by the shop and we could get to work.. MB is updated and aware that I will be putting something custom in the production line soon.. Are you available next Tuesday?
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hey Ian, lets build you a boat today. Can you talk after lunch?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-04-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
I can do Tuesday. I will put the pto in today.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-04-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
I would definately love to go and yes im from illinois. I wish i knew it was ok to design a few because i would of spent some more time on it and maybe put one on a trailer. Let me know what gets worked out by a pm. Thanks craig
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
There you have it...

The winners are Mark(funky bunch) and Ben R (brichter 14) !!!!!

Congrats fellas...

I'll be getting together with both guys to show what we are going to build. I'll make sure we try to make it documentary style..
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2012, 4:02 PM Reply   
I just have to say Craig this is an awesome thing that you have done. I would come buy from you but I am pretty loyal to Josh and Mike at Texas Ski Ranch. Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun on the trip to the factory.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-21-2012, 5:16 AM Reply   
I havent heard anything from craig in two weeks. Just hopin i didnt miss out
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
send him a PM
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-21-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Hey Ben, I've been in contact with MB but they are so busy right now we are gonna have to push it back a bit. They are overwhelmed with orders right now so it might be a couple of months before they can build me a boat for the contest. I apologize, but I'll keep you informed and let you know as soon as i know something..
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-16-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Not really sure how I stumbled upon such greatness. I will be in Txmc in the next week or so to design our 23V. I'm pumped after seeing this thread!!
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-16-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
Not really sure how I stumbled upon such greatness. I will be in Txmc in the next week or so to design our 23V. I'm pumped after seeing this thread!!
Good luck - these guys are great to deal with... pick up my 23 back in march...
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-16-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
This will be my 2nd boat from them...but first to get to "custom" color choice
Old     (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       08-19-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
It seems as a lot of people are coming to this thread to get ideas for their new MB's so I'll post a pic of mine for reference.

Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-19-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Very nice Vic - luv the powdered coated tower and windshield frame....
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-08-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Update
Want to thank Mike and Craig at TXMC that made the design a boat happen. I flew out to MB on Monday 10-1 and took a tour of the factory with Mike Brendel. Mike personally guided the tour and answered questions. Mike spent more time with me than I ever expected.
Great experience to see how things come together in each stage of putting together the MB line of boats. The attention to detail is amazing in each stage. Some things I noted
1. How solid the subfloor structure was specifically the stringer system and the under floor ballast that makes for a really sturdy boat. No liner to create the bilge etc..
2. The way the top deck was attached to the subfloor and then glassed in to create a single structure.
3. The time and detail spent on the gel coat to make sure there are not any blemishes, runs etc..
4. The new tower is super solid, plus I liked the powder coated/plastidip board rack forks.
Craig and I will be working on the design boat now that things have slowed a bit for the MB team. Again thanks to all those that were involved.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
More gooder version of the Rasta...and a version of what I call AMERICA!!!!...but you would need to white out the logos to get it to really pop.
Attached Images

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-15-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Craig I think you should build this one. Minus the Tomcat logo and tint the windows.