Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-12-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
On our way back from the lake Saturday a truck drove by and threw a rock up at us. It shattered our walk-through window. Can this be replaced by the local glass/window shop or will we have to be special ordered from Malibu?
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
Special order only, I've tried very hard to replace a similar window, but due to the shape it will need to be ordered. I'm assuming you have a XTI Malibu from you username, but not sure. If not and you have a flat surface window with out a dome shape to it then you can go to a glass shop and have it replaced. Make sure it is tempered glass.

Johnny
Liquid Trends

Last edited by johnny_jr; 07-13-2010 at 9:40 AM. Reason: correction
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
I could not find a glass shop to replace the glass for my Supra. It would have cost about $350 to special order so I went cheap and just replaced it with Plexiglass. I figured I would give it a shot and if it got scratched up badly then I would just suck it up and by the real thing. Surprisingly I can not tell the difference in appearance and it has not gotten any scratches. I was hoping to get through this year with it, but it looks like I might get a couple of years out of it.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
I broke the walk through glass on our X-Star. Had it replaced by a local glass shop. The tint is slightly off, but it only cost me $50. Lucky for me it's a totally flat piece of glass on the stars. Not sure about your Bu. Good luck.