Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-09-2010, 11:10 PM Reply   
The equalizer calls for a positive, a ground and remote turn on. All of my remote turn on wires run through a relay which is energized by the remote turn on from the deck. The relay is 30 amps so power handling capability is not in question. Any reason why I cannot run both the positive and the remote turn on off the relay. It would eliminate one more wire running from the distribution block and make the install easier.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have these EQ's but dont remember if the + is supposed to be hot all the time. If that's the case, which I am pretty sure it is, then you wouldnt be able to run both a remote wire and hot wire to the same point. If the + is switched instaed of hot all the time then I guess it would be ok.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yep you got me curious so I pulled my EQS746 owners manual. + is hot all the time so no, you cant hook + and the remote together.
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-10-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
I went ahead and ran another hot wire for the EQ and the deck. I don't think it would have made a difference, but I didn't want to take the chance. I am so sick of rurnning wires and making connections. I hope to finish the main install tonight which will just leave the sub box to complete.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
It will drain your battery if you wire the remote wire to hot all the time. Not good for the EQ either. Do it right the first time or do it again later...
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-12-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
I was going to do the opposite. Run both the remote and power off the same relay. Decided run a seperate power wire and then just the remote off the relay.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-12-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
yeah it would work fine the way you proposed.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-12-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
Well that should be fine, but they must have a reason why they want + hot all the time in the installation manual although I dont see why exept if the EQ needed it for memory like a head unit but that doesent make sense either.