Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-01-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
I'm in Colorado right now, but may be transferring to Beebe, Arkansas soon. I just found the local MasterCraft dealer about 45min away in Conway, so thats a relief! Anyways, I was wanting to hopefully meet some local riders, and also wondering what kind of wake scene there is around here. I have been in Beebe right now for about a month working, and all I've seen lately is bass boats. Thanks a lot for any info you can give me and I look forward to meeting some local riders.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-01-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Jon (Moomba / Supra dealer) is having a demo day and would be a good way to hook up with other riders. I'm in Conway and you can PM me if you want some pulls. -Brad

Demo Day @ Degray, May 9th

Meet us at the lake on Saturday, May 9th at Lake Degray, at the Arlie Moore Boat Ramp. We will leave the boat ramp at 4:15pm and return at dark. We will have a 2009 Supra Launch 22SSV in the water ready to pull. We will have our employees’ equipment and a few of our team riders’ equipment available to demo. We will bring any other equipment to demo but it must be requested prior to the demo day.

We do ask for a few things. Each rider will need to pay $10 to help with gas costs; however, all demos are free. For now, we only plan to have one boat in the water so you MUST rsvp in order to hold you a seat in the boat. If seats start filling up, we may bring two boats to accommodate everyone.

If you would like to meet us in the water with your boat, we will be in the cove circled in red on the map. Directions are also included on this map.

For any questions or RSVP’s please call 501-467-3555 or email diamondlakesws@yahoo.com.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-01-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
I'm in Little Rock and travel to either Heber Springs or Hot Springs Area to ride. Being in Bebee, the closest shop would probably be Stuckey's X-treme in Cabot (Malibu/Nautique/Tige). That is if you dont always want to drive 45 mins to a shop. Ive seen them working on Mastercraft there, I'm assuming thats what you have.

Also Diamond Lakes is in Malvern and a great shop. They have all the new Ronix and LF stuff. Very nice crew too

Apparently there are alot of riders on DeGray though I havnt made it down there yet.

I think as the water warms the dominance of bass boats only will lessen. I felt as though I was the only wake boat on Hamilton last weekend. The water was 64 and bearable without any suit.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Hey man, I second Diamond Lakes Watersports in Malvern, they have LF, Ronix, Fox, Wetsounds, and of course Supra and Moomba boats. They are an awesome group of guys dedicated to the sport and are always doing things to bring it to more people. Like said above they are having several demo days if your interested in coming out to one of those...there has been good turnouts so far....also another way to meet folks is through the INT tournaments which kick off in June. You can check all dates and events at www.diamondlakeswatersports.com We ride mainly in South Arkansas but travel all over the state when we want something different. There are a lot of fishermen around here, lol...and you can get an excessive wake ticket in AR lol. Look us up if you are ever down south.

(Message edited by jnewton7 on May 01, 2009)
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-01-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
Whoa..... What the hell is an excessive wake ticket? Never heard of it? Whats the game and fish's definition of excessive?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
There is also a Demo Day near Fort Smith at Shadow Lake in Greenwood, AR on May 16th. The Lake is south of Fort Smith off of Highway 71 South.

Area Pro Shops will be offering the latest gear from Hyperlite, Inland Surfer, Liquid Force, Ronix, Slingshot and more to demo. They will also have a full line of gear and accessories from all the top brands.

Area boat dealers and top manufacturers will have the latest models on hand for you to demo. MasterCraft on site from MC Boats of Arkansas, Nautique from Thomas Marine, and Malibu from Arrowhead Boat Sales.

Tenative Schedule:
9:30 - Registration
10:30 - Wakeboarding Demo starts
12:00 - Area Pros ride
1:00 - Demo starts again
3:00 - Door prizes and raffle
4:00 - Event Ends
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words guys. Definitely come and ride with us sometime. We mainly go to lake catherine, ouachita, degray, and every once in a while Hamilton.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-03-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info so far guys, keep it coming! I should hopefully find out soon if my transfer will happen or not. I'm really excited to get down here, and I look forward to getting to know and ride with you guys.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
I live in Batesville and mainly ride Greers Ferry. There are quite a few wakeboarders on the lake but i haven't had the chance to make it up there yet this year. If you have a MasterCraft, i would definitley suggest MC Boats of Arkansas in Conway. I have done some business with them and they are very nice. I also agree about Diamond Lake Watersports their crew is pretty cool and should be able to hook you up.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Awesome Ryan, hope you make it over here, we can always use some more riders pushing the sport in Arkansas.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-04-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
I'm in Rogers AR up in the NW corner We ride on Beaver if you're ever up this way
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-04-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
I'm in Clarksville. I am at Greers Ferry a lot of the summer too. I'd be more than happy to give you a pull, just let me know. Also, the guys at the MC shop in Conway are good people so be sure and stop by and get to know some of them.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
what, no fort smith riders on here?
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-04-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
hey. i know its not arkansas but its not far away. we are havin a free ride on the ouachita river. yall should come down. Its at moon lake in monroe, LA. we are doin a double up contest. if ya got any questions i can answer. me and another local are organizing the event but its part of Louisiana Wakeboarding Community. Same guys who put on Louisiana Spring Fling.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
Ryan, my sister lives in Lavaca, and I used to live up around there as well. When we used to come into Fort Smith, I used to always see this one house with a pimp Xstar sitting outside it. So apparently someone up there is riding. Or tubing behind a pimpin boat... Possibly the latter..
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-05-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Ryan, I do a lot of work in ft. smith. What lake do you ride on there?
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-05-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
im arkadelphia... i mainly ride on hamilton or greeson... i love the scene here... its really chill and lots of talent... you'll dig it bro
Old    wakemeup12            05-05-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
a couple times during the summer I go to bull shoals with some friends and it's some of the best/smoothest water i've ridden
Old     (stillropin)      Join Date: May 2009       05-05-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
ryan,
We are up in Harrison (north central) if you are ever up this way you are welcome to ride with us.
If you have a Mastercraft or not I would recommend getting with Nick and the guys at MC in Conway, they're way cool! Steele
Old     (stillropin)      Join Date: May 2009       05-05-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
We ride Bull Shoals and Table Rock lakes. Anyone is welcome to join us, looking for riders to join us and travel to INT events in AR and OK.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
Diamond lakes is always the way to go. Every employee rides (not to mention very well), and they know exactly what they're talking about. Also, we can cut deals like no one's business with the service to back it up! (Slightly prejiduce )

If you're ever in little rock, give me a shout and I'll give you a pull on my lake!
Old     (michael_sollis)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-06-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Yea I agree with Caleb..his lake is legit!!! Ha but I agree if you're up North, hit up Bull Shoals or Norfork but if youre down south, just call up the guys from Diamond Lakes and they can hook you up!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-06-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ryan, you leaving us here in Colorado?? I understand if it's 'money' driven.

You better still be making the MHM&G! I have a campsite for ya right in the middle of where the party is going to be!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-06-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
Ill be on Hamilton this weekend if anybody is out....
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-07-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
I see that mgmt has been exercising its right to refuse customers. Sad, very sad, seeing David Williams kept busy with putting out the trash.

I'm in the water in about two weeks. NP, you seem to have a week day you like to ride, what, Mondays? It's gonna be a long slow summer. I can open a weekday (and on a regular basis).
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-08-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yeah I have Sunday's and Monday's off work so either of those days work for me. We'll ride either here in Conway or I'll drive to Clarksville to ride occasionally during the week after work.

I've had a few people ride the Marek lately and they all have loved it. Just let me know and I can either come up there with the board or you can come down here either way.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-08-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
I'll be on degray tomorrow (Saturday) after 4:00 if it's not raining too hard. Anybody is welcome to join us and get a pull.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-09-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Hay guys you need to check out http://www.s1.zetaboards.com/southernwake/index/ its a forum I started for the midsouth area. We are also going to have the 1st annual Southern Wake and Wake Up Pickwick Rail Jams brought to you by Pickwick Sales at Pickwick state park right by the dam. We are working out the details right know so check my forum often for updates and changes. This event will be the best the area has ever had and it will be 1 of many to come Pickwick sales and I feel the same about the sport there is not enough people promoting and progressing the sport in these areas so we are going to do are best to show what wakeboarding has to offer as a sport. So check out my forum I am based right outside of Memphis but this forum is for the hole midsouth not just Memphis so come on over. There will be changes most days about this contest as we work out details so check out the forum as much as you can to find out about any updates or just to post about other stuff on the forum. Thanks Roger.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
I'm usually up at degray most of the time, and I ride for diamond lakes so I ride with them whenever I can. which is usually on lake cathrine, but everyone should def try to make it out to the next demo day! we had to re schedule this one cause it rained all effin day. but we will probably have it on another date, so feel free to join us!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       05-11-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hello Ryan,
My Posse and I ride at lake Norfork in Mountain home Arkansas and at Bull Shoals off and on all summer. The two lakes are only 12-14 miles apart so you kinda get two for the price of one.
Both lakes are beautiful clean and clear and are great places to ride.
Regards,
The Wakeboard Geezer