Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-20-2015, 1:33 PM Reply   
Looking for more riders to join us. We ride randomly during the week, and Sundays. Accepting all skill levels.

We have a couple different boats to ride behind, but we mostly ride behind a 2013 Xstar. We are in the Westport/Governor Island Area.

Thanks.
Ryan
Old     (kmehrkens)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-11-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
Hi Ryan,

I'm here this week looking for a ride. Don't have any gear with me but happy to just wakeskate and throw in some gas money. Should be available Wednesday and in the evenings.

Let me know if that would work for you.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-11-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
Hit up ncwakelife on Facebook. I know there is a bunch of ppl there on Norman.
Old     (kmehrkens)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-11-2015, 8:50 PM Reply   
Sweet. Thanks Tom!
Old     (Brass)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-28-2015, 8:47 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan,

I'm working in Charlotte for the summer and usually have the weekends off from work. Would love to get some time behind a boat. Left all my gear down in FL unfortunately but of course would pitch in for gas and whatever else.

Brett
Old     (BrentPeterson83)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-17-2015, 8:25 AM Reply   
Hey what's up my name is Brent. looking to join up with a good crew that goes out regularly. I can throw gas money or whatever, help clean n store u name it. Know how to drive and pull (although never on a nice new boat like yall got haha) but I can throw down a little. Always stoked to see other people shredding, can share advice and take advice to get better. All in all I just wanna be wakeboarding as much as possible this summer and the dude I normally rife with in Lake Wylie is having health problems so we haven't been going out. Anyway check out my profile n hit me up would really enjoy meeting and riding with you guys. 561-755-1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by annq42 View Post
Looking for more riders to join us.
We ride randomly during the week, and Sundays. Accepting all skill levels.

We have a couple different boats to ride behind, but we mostly ride behind a 2013 Xstar. We are in the Westport/Governor Island Area.

Thanks.
Ryan
Old     (Nautical)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-19-2015, 2:38 PM Reply   
I just moved here and already bought the wrong boat.

So I'm interested in meeting up but all I can offer is a triple pontoon with a 250hp. It might be good for beginners (like myself) or maybe I can just haul the beer? Let me know. I'm already talking to Wher-rena and I'll be test driving a Centurion to see how they ride in choppy water. That's my biggest concern (and my wife's even bigger concern).

So PM me if you're still trying to put this group together.
Old     (wakesheazy)      Join Date: Nov 2006 Location: Irvine, California       07-22-2015, 9:52 PM Reply   
Hi Ryan!

I'll also be visiting and staying in the Lake Norman area from August 6-9th. I'd love to ride while there but will be gear-less since I'm in town for a wedding. Please feel free to hit me up if you need a third during those days!

Ciara
562/472-5520
Old     (Dimples)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-31-2015, 5:13 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan,
I just recently got into wakeboarding but already got all my gear and am eager to learn.
I live in Denver, so basically right around the corner, Have most afternoons off and am free usually all of Sunday.

I'd be willing to lend a hand with whatever you need and contribute for gas money of course.

If that sounds at all like what you're looking for in a third, send a PM.

Thanks,
Rene
Old     (jowakeboard)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-19-2016, 8:23 AM Reply   
I am traveling to the charlotte NC area next week and looking for someone to ride with on 5/26 5/27 or 5/29. I'm a wake boarder and wake surfer. I own a super air nautique. I'm happy to help with gas, drive the boat, pull the trailer, help clean, etc. LMK if you are around any of those days for a pull.
Julie
Old     (Aussie_Skier)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-19-2016, 6:10 PM Reply   
Hey mate,

I'll be in Charlotte for the Memorial Day weekend. Would it be possible if I could join your crew for a cupla days?
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
Hey all. I have my boat in uptown Charlotte and ride most of the lakes around here. I'll have a new Supreme S238 here in about a week. I'm currently selling my Supreme V232. They both throw a darn good wakeboarding wake with the right amount of weight...and I like weight. I can take one of my boats or ride along with someone else. I'm typically pretty flexible on weekends and often weekdays too. Always good to meet new people that are into the sport. 704-909-8480. Todd

Here's where I ride on the busy weekends...
Attached Images

Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2016, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
I just moved here and already bought the wrong boat.

So I'm interested in meeting up but all I can offer is a triple pontoon with a 250hp. It might be good for beginners (like myself) or maybe I can just haul the beer? Let me know. I'm already talking to Wher-rena and I'll be test driving a Centurion to see how they ride in choppy water. That's my biggest concern (and my wife's even bigger concern).

So PM me if you're still trying to put this group together.
Hey Glenn, I didn't know Wher-rena was selling Centurion anymore, interesting. I actually do sales part time for Race City Marine, who sells Nautique and Supreme in the area. The Supreme is a sister company to Centurion as you might know, and both of them handle chop like none other. Supreme just doesn't have some of the extras like the computer, but you'll also pay a lot less. I've got a S238 showing up here in a week that I'd love to take you out on. Boats aren't my main job, so I def don't do aggressive sales, but I do know the product just about better than anyone.

Feel free to hit me up... 704 909 8480
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-19-2016, 7:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesheazy View Post
Hi Ryan!

I'll also be visiting and staying in the Lake Norman area from August 6-9th. I'd love to ride while there but will be gear-less since I'm in town for a wedding. Please feel free to hit me up if you need a third during those days!

Ciara
562/472-5520
Sorry for the 3rd post in a row I always have extra gear, I just sold my amber wing board and the new girls board is still in the plastic. I'm sure it will be put to use by someone soon, but it stays with the boat. Hit me up if you want.
Old     (AdamTX)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-20-2016, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoddio View Post
Hey all. I have my boat in uptown Charlotte and ride most of the lakes around here. I'll have a new Supreme S238 here in about a week. I'm currently selling my Supreme V232. They both throw a darn good wakeboarding wake with the right amount of weight...and I like weight. I can take one of my boats or ride along with someone else. I'm typically pretty flexible on weekends and often weekdays too. Always good to meet new people that are into the sport. 704-909-8480. Todd

Here's where I ride on the busy weekends...
Where is that?

I have a Wakesetter VLX at Lake Wylie and can always ride during the week if anyone needs a pull. Hit me up.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2016, 1:05 PM Reply   
I realized I responded to 2 posts that were a year old here...whoops.

That's on Mountain Island. You'll def have to go with someone who had been there before to find this spot. There is only one not well marked path.
Old     (Nautical)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-08-2016, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoddio View Post
I realized I responded to 2 posts that were a year old here...whoops.

That's on Mountain Island. You'll def have to go with someone who had been there before to find this spot. There is only one not well marked path.
LOL, that's okay, Todd. I'm still here. In fact we might have met a couple of weeks ago at the demo that Race City held down at Peninsula? My wife and I took a test drive on the new S238 with the factory rep. Was that you? I sold my boat finally!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2016, 4:54 AM Reply   
Todd,
don't give away our stash...
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-10-2016, 7:03 AM Reply   
Anyone going to the PWT Mooresville stop next weekend? I'm driving down from Northern Virginia and would love to join a boat on the raft-up outside the cove! Or just get a set in if possible! Both myself and my buddy were on the Virginia Tech wakeboard team and my younger brother rides as well and will be joining us.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-10-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljack View Post
Todd,
don't give away our stash...
Haha...if you are talking about MIL, it has it's own security built in. You have to go with someone that knows where to go, or have several spare propellers handy lol
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-10-2016, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
LOL, that's okay, Todd. I'm still here. In fact we might have met a couple of weeks ago at the demo that Race City held down at Peninsula? My wife and I took a test drive on the new S238 with the factory rep. Was that you? I sold my boat finally!
Yup, I was there, small world! Bryan was the factory rep, I am the part-time product expert for Race City Marine. My boat is going in the water today soon. I'm trying to break the 5 hour mark on the engine. lol

Congrats on the sale! Maybe I can take you out on the water sometime soon?
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-10-2016, 4:02 AM Reply   
Hey man I travel down through that way all the time during the week. Are you guys still riding. I will be down that way the week of October 17th. Thanks Chad.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-11-2016, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFMCrider6 View Post
Hey man I travel down through that way all the time during the week. Are you guys still riding. I will be down that way the week of October 17th. Thanks Chad.
I still go out, but it's getting real tough to find people that still are.