Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-09-2020, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Zero chance they get a single day. Theft of a $2.99 china cap is felony? lol.
Whats the penalty for trump killing 190,000 people? New tapes proves he knew the dangers in February. Like the trump boat parade, sunk.
Awe just when I thought we had a break through on the law and the nature of viruses, you go and F--k it up again.

China knew the dangers in November. So what. Trump still cannot order anything in response, so......

They did not just steal a hat. They also punched someone and other little things.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-09-2020, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kneeling in protest is Very American, only people who see disgrace are those that dont understand or do not believe in freedom. I think military people think worse of a man who spits on the graves of heros than those who protest. Are your "savages" Black? Interesting choice of words. OMG, Stickers? Evil.
Actually it is very disgraceful when you have 365 a year to "protest", but you specifically do it during the anthem on a national stage to protest your country and everything it represents. Not only protest but to do it under a lie.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2020, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
sounds pretty accurate to me.
FYI, it hasnt gone away, we are not at zero. Our numbers are not going down (unlike almost every other country in the world). Its not totally harmless to 99%, kids get it. The truth is we are the laughing stock of the planet, we have 4% of the population and close to 25% of deaths. Are you stoned again?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2020, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
So what. Pressure local agencies? He does not have any authority. he can use useless words allhe wants. At least their is some glimmer that you may be getting it through your thick scull that the President has ZERO authority for response.
Like he says to trump.
"Watch me".
You are lying to cover up for a grifter. You have an unhealthy devotion to another man. and he is a compulsive liar. You win.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2020, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Awe just when I thought we had a break through on the law and the nature of viruses, you go and F--k it up again.

China knew the dangers in November. So what. Trump still cannot order anything in response, so......

They did not just steal a hat. They also punched someone and other little things.
So did your secret crush. Listen to the tapes. He admitted he knew how dangerous it was. How it was not just like the flu. His own words.

He knew about the virus. He did say military are losers and suckers.
Trump people, I dont believe you.
I provide source and document.
Trump people, I dont believe your source, its FAKE.
I provide tape and video with him saying exactly what i said.
Trump people, Its been doctored, its fake, he didnt say it.
When shown it is not doctored and trump admits saying it, if he did, he was right.
you choose to believe a compulsive liar.
not a thread of common sense in all your combined wardrobes.
You believe trump is a devoted Christian.
You believe Trumps economy is good.
You believe millions voted illegally.
You believe immigration is off the charts and immigrants are violent and criminal.
You believe trump has a healthcare plan better than obamacare.
You believe there is a war by the left on guns.
You believe that the russia investigation was a hoax.
You believe Covid is a Hoax.
You believe the 2016 election was rigged against trump
You believe trump is honest, trustworthy.
You believe the "left" is radical and trump is not.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-09-2020, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
FYI, it hasnt gone away, we are not at zero. Our numbers are not going down (unlike almost every other country in the world). Its not totally harmless to 99%, kids get it. The truth is we are the laughing stock of the planet, we have 4% of the population and close to 25% of deaths. Are you stoned again?
Yes, every other country cured COVID. Do you even listen to yourself. Do you really think that other countries in the world have a plan for it and are able to execute that plan? not a chance. They don't have the means. This belief that the US is worse than other countries is simply stupid.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2020, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, every other country cured COVID. Do you even listen to yourself. Do you really think that other countries in the world have a plan for it and are able to execute that plan? not a chance. They don't have the means. This belief that the US is worse than other countries is simply stupid.
Virtually every country in the world has lower numbers in every single possible category. They had plans, they locked down, they wore masks, they got their numbers low enough to open their economies and not kill their people (well except Sweden). Something the "Greatest Country in The World" has failed miserably at. They have less money, less scientists, less experience, less everything and they mopped the floor with Donnies wig. Who else has over 6 million cases. Who else has 190,000 dead. By capita, by population...anyway you want to look we are on the wrong side of every graph, chart,or list. Prove me wrong. Prove that the trump system works. Or STFU. If this were sports you would be selling me that the Jets will win the superbowl. asinine. Its that clear.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2020, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:

LOL WUT? Delta you crazy
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2020, 5:17 PM Reply   
So here is the latest bill to cross Illinois government down in Springfield. It’s a full on attack from the left everyday on the street and now it’s a full on attack from the general
Assembly and governor . Pure craziness. Now people can just file complaints with no repercussions of thought completely lying. I’ve used this statement multiple times. Police Officers are not above the law , but they sure are beneath it either. How is this even remotely legal and applicable ?

Guess what is included?
deletes provision for Sworn Affidavit;
deletes referals to the States Attorney for prosecution in the event of a Fasle Affidavit being filed;
deletes any provision for required legal representation during investigation or interrogation (that means shootings);
deletes all the Garrity provisions (that Administrative investigations, i.e. you must answer this or be fired, can now be used against you in criminal proceedings, meaning you will be compelled to give evidence against your own self interest);
if we're reading the last lines correctly, deletes provisions that you can refuse to submit to a lie detector test and any refusals can therefore be used against you.
This proposal puts police not only under the law, but under the bus and any train that happens to be around.

If we proposed putting actual murderers under these proposed rules, we'd be accused of all sorts of fascistic impulses and secret-police type ****. Democrats propose this in Springfield with nary a peep from anyone in their ranks.

Name:  463D489D-2A3A-40F9-A6D5-5FE22AA478F2.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  169.2 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-09-2020 at 5:20 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2020, 5:26 PM Reply   
More complete indoctrination to kids in High School. They’re not even allowed to think for themselves. This is a public high school mandatory assignment.

Name:  0A6ADB15-5EE1-40E4-8F33-154B34A4BCF1.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  80.0 KB
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2020, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
More complete indoctrination to kids in High School. They’re not even allowed to think for themselves. This is a public high school mandatory assignment.

Attachment 45890
So sad and so glad my now-young-adult kids are not subject to that democrat propaganda which is so pervasive in almost all public schools and universities-which preach that most sin is a virtue and the old guard needs to "just get over it" or "get with the times." I feel sorry for parents that actually care about their children, but can't afford private schools which will actually give their kids a fighting chance in this world.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2020, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not under educated. I just know what you people do. Even then, still better than a democrat.
I don't get how people on the right so easily flip into Indentitarian mode when it suits them when saying it's everything that's wrong with the left.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 12:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So sad and so glad my now-young-adult kids are not subject to that democrat propaganda which is so pervasive in almost all public schools and universities-which preach that most sin is a virtue and the old guard needs to "just get over it" or "get with the times." I feel sorry for parents that actually care about their children, but can't afford private schools which will actually give their kids a fighting chance in this world.
I dunno. I don't see any particular design or outcome being required, just an awareness poster based on current events. I'd actually really like to see what kids produced in response... betcha it would be surprising and creative. Different context, but these are the same kinds of propaganda posters that were actually produced at a different time in responses to then-current events:

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-10-2020, 2:35 AM Reply   
Quote:

Attachment 45890
This is brain washing. propaganda and going to back fire. when children ask why black people need special treatment, and additional help, and are not equal. which they are equal, until now. As now the left has made everyone aware that people of color are not able to control their anger, have moral standards to not
1. burn down their cities
2. loot the business that provide service to their communities
3. shoot each other in the street
4. assault innocent bystanders while eating a meal in the town they are protesting in

etc etc. I know that your skin color has nothing to do with your ability to control yourself. I know that your race has no barring on your actions. But if you teach children that its ok for them to act in this way, based on the color of their skin, as these children grown up, they believe that people of color cannot control their behavior, and actions. and so be it, they are not allowed to have the same responsibilities of those who can control their emotions and behaviors. so they must be limited to the freedoms they can have. Sounds like we are going backwards. Why not hold all people accountable based on their actions, not their color. and we can stop the race baiting BS that the left is creating.

People of color are equal, totally and completely and capable and able to be responsible, take responsible measures, act responsibly. I also think most do, but to give any moment permission to damage and destroy, based on color, will end poorly, and it is, hence police departments are losing officers by the hundreds. So when you need help, dont call the police. Call your mommy, have her come save your ass.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 4:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I dunno. I don't see any particular design or outcome being required, just an awareness poster based on current events. I'd actually really like to see what kids produced in response... betcha it would be surprising and creative. Different context, but these are the same kinds of propaganda posters that were actually produced at a different time in responses to then-current events:

What??? It’s very clear. Do you see any way a student could turn it around, deny there’s a legit reason to protest in the first place and not get expelled for not carrying the cross of Libtardsville? I rest my case.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 4:45 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=shawndoggy;2001650]I dunno. I don't see any particular design or outcome being required, just an awareness poster based on current events. I'd actually really like to see what kids produced in response... betcha it would be surprising and creative. Different context, but these are the same kinds of propaganda posters that were actually produced at a different time in responses to then-current events:

The only way that assignment could be legit is if the students were first required to read this from John McWhorter, a black, liberal democrat.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...ack-12025.html
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-10-2020, 5:56 AM Reply   
My public school "indoctrinated" daughter (in Republican controlled north Florida none the less) was given an assignment in 2016 as a sophomore to write an essay on who she would vote for and why.

She wrote an essay on the right to vote, those that have died protecting that right, myriad nations around the world where they don't have that right, how she, as a women has not always had that right. She went on to explain her belief that the right to vote is not to be taken lightly. Further she stated that she would not be sharing who she would vote for because she felt it is a very personal decision and not something that she would want to share and have to "explain". Many have died for her to choose her leaders and she shouldn't have to explain to everyone why she voted the way she did. She said she wished people would ask her why she voted a certain way instead of telling her the way she should have voted. The teacher praised her thoughtful approach to the assignment.

She is now an engineering student being "indoctrinate" at a private university.

So to Shawndoggy point it would be interesting to see and hear the work the students produced with that assignment.

Also last I checked Florida, Texas and Georgia are all Repub strongholds and have had terrible virus numbers. JS
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:

That’s not even a remotely fair comparison. If the students would’ve been told to create a poster based on current events to support their cause , that would’ve been fine.

Directing them , with the false rhetoric, cherry picked issues, and providing them the bull**** outlined in the second paragraph eliminates any sense of picking and independent topic to fight for.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:09 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=whiteflashwatersports1;2001662]
So to Shawndoggy point it would be interesting to see and hear the work the students produced with that assignment.

What could be so interesting when the narrative has already been forced? The assignment is demanding the students reinforce the propaganda.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:13 AM Reply   
This 30+ year libtard, public school experiment-turned-evil-plot is exactly why we have libtards in the street, burnin' and lootin'. You preach lies long enough and people start to believe them. Especially kids.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
My public school "indoctrinated" daughter (in Republican controlled north Florida none the less) was given an assignment in 2016 as a sophomore to write an essay on who she would vote for and why.

She wrote an essay on the right to vote, those that have died protecting that right, myriad nations around the world where they don't have that right, how she, as a women has not always had that right. She went on to explain her belief that the right to vote is not to be taken lightly. Further she stated that she would not be sharing who she would vote for because she felt it is a very personal decision and not something that she would want to share and have to "explain". Many have died for her to choose her leaders and she shouldn't have to explain to everyone why she voted the way she did. She said she wished people would ask her why she voted a certain way instead of telling her the way she should have voted. The teacher praised her thoughtful approach to the assignment.

Also last I checked Florida, Texas and Georgia are all Repub strongholds and have had terrible virus numbers. JS

Yes you’re example is the exact way that these assignments should be presented.

She wasn’t told write and essay and support a candidate citing the the fact the current President has ties to anarchist and Marxist groups , has no political background , has divided the country by race more than any previous president , and to discuss the example of a sitting president using the FBI and other federal agencies to spy on opposing candidates while pushing a political agenda from the AG’s office.

Big difference. Thank you for pointing out yet another shining example of The blue state indoctrination vs a red when it comes to education.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:

The more I think about it, the more bothered I am with the way she responded. The assignment only asked for her own opinion. She was given freedom to express herself, without outside influence or judgement. The assignment didn't tell her what or how to think. They also didn't frame the assignment in such a way to get any desired outcome. She instead chose to give the assignment the finger. Good job, dad.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:43 AM Reply   
BTW, private colleges (even "christian" ones) can be just as bad (or worse) as public ones.

Last edited by markj; 09-10-2020 at 6:45 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
That’s not even a remotely fair comparison. If the students would’ve been told to create a poster based on current events to support their cause , that would’ve been fine.
Maybe. But the Rosie the Riveter poster is pretty iconic now and was (and remains) a pretty empowering challenge to the status quo, even if now it seems cloaked in patriotism.

I don't disagree with your critique of the assignment -- the narrative is somewhat one sided and negative. A better end to the assignment might be "you are charged with developing a poster to change public opinion on these issues and encourage patriotism." Basically the definition of propaganda, just like those posters I shared.

Nevertheless, I'm still really curious about the content the kids generate. I do think it would surprise all of us.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:50 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=shawndoggy;2001669]Maybe. "you are charged with developing a poster to change public opinion on these issues and encourage patriotism."

You're still screwed up. What if the student agrees with public opinion? Whose public opinion? Opinions of people in Portland? Orlando? Boise? LA?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 7:00 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001670]
Quote:
Maybe. "you are charged with developing a poster to change public opinion on these issues and encourage patriotism."

You're still screwed up. What if the student agrees with public opinion? Whose public opinion? Opinions of people in Portland? Orlando? Boise? LA?
Mark, empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of others and trying to understand them. If you don't try to understand how someone different than you thinks, how can you ever get along with them, or even persuade them? An assignment which takes you outside of yourself and requires you to imagine the world from a different paradigm and persuade people is a mind expanding experience.

Truth be told, you might even be surprised at what and how kids define and interpret patriotism (just like the Rosie poster did).

Maybe you want to raise your kids in a christian orthodox madrassa, but most don't, and we all have to stand in the same line at DMV.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:12 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=shawndoggy;2001671]
Quote:

Mark, empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of others and trying to understand them. If you don't try to understand how someone different than you thinks, how can you ever get along with them, or even persuade them? An assignment which takes you outside of yourself and requires you to imagine the world from a different paradigm and persuade people is a mind expanding experience.

Truth be told, you might even be surprised at what and how kids define and interpret patriotism (just like the Rosie poster did).

Maybe you want to raise your kids in a christian orthodox madrassa, but most don't, and we all have to stand in the same line at DMV.
I get that, but you continue to miss the bigger point, Shawn (which is really the only point being made here). Being told what and how to think-in the form of how you were asked a political question is the OPPOSITE of how it should be. Period.

You're dead wrong on the values "most people" claim to want to raise their kids with in this country. I'm actually surprised you said that. That's more of a 95sn-type fallacy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:14 AM Reply   
Speaking of DMV lines, have you seen the lines there since Kung Flu? They literally wrap around the entire buildings now. Just wait until the rain starts.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-10-2020, 7:31 AM Reply   
I was an still am rather proud of how she "gave the assignment the finger" She was asked a specific - "who would she vote for and why" She chose a more thoughtful response.

As to the point of the other assignment having a false rhetoric - false to who? This why it is important o openly discuss points of view with a goal of understanding where others are coming from. Not just shouting them down if their construct dose not match yours. We have a lot to learn form each other.

I think that is thje point my daughter was trying to make by saying ask me why I voted the way I did do not tell me how to vote or why it is wrong without trying to understand that it was right for me.

Reminds me of a story my wife tells of when she was a senior in high school and her family had a judge over for dinner. Judge asks wife what she is going to study in college. She says I am going to become a teacher. The judge goes into long diatribe of why she should pursue law and how great the law is. She then asks the judge how come before telling me what to become you didn't ask me why I wanted to be a teacher?

She does not attend a "christian" school. It is a private research university. Her grandfather was a Dean in the Episcopal church she could have attended religious private schools but we chose to "indoctrinate" her in something else at the public schools

Beyond all of that - The assignments provokes thought and discussion. Those discussions may not always be what the parents or teachers want to "indoctrinate" into their kids but discussion is good, dialogue is good. Respect for each others opinions is good. Agreeing to disagree is good.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:37 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=shawndoggy;2001671]
Quote:

So... As the numbers of people who identify as christians (still 2/3 of the country) declines, are things getting better? Are the different forms of discourse more civil as the number of christians falls? How bout crime rates? Types of or levels of crimes? Does this country need more or less "God?" Have we become our own god here? If so, what are the consequences of that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
I was an still am rather proud of how she "gave the assignment the finger" She was asked a specific - "who would she vote for and why" She chose a more thoughtful response.

As to the point of the other assignment having a false rhetoric - false to who? This why it is important o openly discuss points of view with a goal of understanding where others are coming from. Not just shouting them down if their construct dose not match yours. We have a lot to learn form each other.

I think that is thje point my daughter was trying to make by saying ask me why I voted the way I did do not tell me how to vote or why it is wrong without trying to understand that it was right for me.

Reminds me of a story my wife tells of when she was a senior in high school and her family had a judge over for dinner. Judge asks wife what she is going to study in college. She says I am going to become a teacher. The judge goes into long diatribe of why she should pursue law and how great the law is. She then asks the judge how come before telling me what to become you didn't ask me why I wanted to be a teacher?

She does not attend a "christian" school. It is a private research university. Her grandfather was a Dean in the Episcopal church she could have attended religious private schools but we chose to "indoctrinate" her in something else at the public schools

Beyond all of that - The assignments provokes thought and discussion. Those discussions may not always be what the parents or teachers want to "indoctrinate" into their kids but discussion is good, dialogue is good. Respect for each others opinions is good. Agreeing to disagree is good.
No. She was insubordinate and built her own straw man argument/assignment. I never called it a false rhetoric-even though it is. I implied the xstar question was leading. That's what's wrong. Geez. What is wrong with you people?

Last edited by markj; 09-10-2020 at 7:46 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 7:53 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001672]
Quote:

I get that, but you continue to miss the bigger point, Shawn (which is really the only point being made here). Being told what and how to think-in the form of how you were asked a political question is the OPPOSITE of how it should be. Period.

You're dead wrong on the values "most people" claim to want to raise their kids with in this country. I'm actually surprised you said that. That's more of a 95sn-type fallacy.
Mark, even in Utah (a state with a dominant religion) "most people" send their kids to public schools. Those public schools come with time worn separations between church and state. The fact that "most people" don't opt for private religious schools and rather accept the more secular teachings that inevitably come with public education is what I'm getting at. If you don't want to be "most people" you can be part of a time honored tradition of private education.

As for the alleged assignment given the kids, let's say instead of saying what it says, it said "imagine that" blah blah blah and then gave the assignment. I think we can agree that the syntax of the assignment could be better. But the exercise itself and giving kids a blank slate upon which to finish a project is way more valuable (to me) than memorizing the parts of a cell or reciting bible verses or whatever other rote memorization and regurgitation exercise you can come up with.

The assignment itself definitely doesn't induce pearl clutching for me, but once again, I'll concede that it could've been better drafted. Of course it was probably written by a BFE, USA high school teacher making $40K and trying to manage 150 students a day, so I'll give the teacher the benefit of the doubt.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 7:56 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001675]
Quote:

So... As the numbers of people who identify as christians (still 2/3 of the country) declines, are things getting better? Are the different forms of discourse more civil as the number of christians falls? How bout crime rates? Types of or levels of crimes? Does this country need more or less "God?" Have we become our own god here? If so, what are the consequences of that?
I am a Christian, but statistics do not support what you are saying. Murder is half what it was in 1980, kidnapping is half what it was in 1980, Rape is almost half what it was in 1980. In the last 40 years almost every violent crime is down considerably. Property related crimes are almost half what they were in 1980.

Don't be guided by the media into thinking that America is going to hell in a hand basket. It has never been safer in America in our lifetimes (Unless you are super old).
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 7:57 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001675]
Quote:

So... As the numbers of people who identify as christians (still 2/3 of the country) declines, are things getting better?
C'mon of course "things" are getting better. You wanna go back to live in the 50s or the 70s? Not me.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 7:58 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=skiboarder;2001678]
Quote:
(Unless you are super old).
and not anything but a white male.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 8:49 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=skiboarder;2001678]
Quote:

I am a Christian, but statistics do not support what you are saying. Murder is half what it was in 1980, kidnapping is half what it was in 1980, Rape is almost half what it was in 1980. In the last 40 years almost every violent crime is down considerably. Property related crimes are almost half what they were in 1980.

Don't be guided by the media into thinking that America is going to hell in a hand basket. It has never been safer in America in our lifetimes (Unless you are super old).
Did I say anything? I asked questions. I asked for opinions.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 9:02 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=shawndoggy;2001679]
Quote:

C'mon of course "things" are getting better. You wanna go back to live in the 50s or the 70s? Not me.
I would agree certain things are better. Civil rights for minorities are night and day better. How many old ladies, walking down the street got punched in the face for no reason back in those days? How many cities faced 100 straight days of riots? Were elementary kids taught about dudes packin other dude’s fudge back then and told they better accept it as normal or face being ostracized and humiliated or labeled a bigot? Yeah, I do wish for certain elements of days past. When I was a kid in the 70’s and 80’s, no one worried about harm being done to them anywhere near like today. Sure, there was the “wrong side of the tracks”, but you stayed away and were safe. Nowadays, you’re not even safe in a gated community. Common decency doesn’t exist. Often, not even in the church. How’s that for “progress?”
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 9:14 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001683]
Quote:

I would agree certain things are better. Civil rights for minorities are night and day better. How many old ladies, walking down the street got punched in the face for no reason back in those days? How many cities faced 100 straight days of riots? Were elementary kids taught about dudes packin other dude’s fudge back then and told they better accept it as normal or face being ostracized and humiliated or labeled a bigot? Yeah, I do wish for certain elements of days past. When I was a kid in the 70’s and 80’s, no one worried about harm being done to them anywhere near like today. Sure, there was the “wrong side of the tracks”, but you stayed away and were safe. Nowadays, you’re not even safe in a gated community. Common decency doesn’t exist. Often, not even in the church. How’s that for “progress?”
Yes, old ladies got punched in the face more often.

Yes, there were 100+ day riots.

No, they were not teaching about homosexuality in school, but there were just as many homosexuals then as now. The humiliation you are experiencing now is harmless (all you have to do is mind your own business and say nothing to avoid it). The crimes against homosexuals in the name of righteousness is well documented.

You felt safe, only because you didn't know better. You grew up in a much more dangerous world.

Crimes in Churches are way down. Consider all of the black churches burned in the 60s.

Yes, we have made progress.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Common decency doesn’t exist. Often, not even in the church.
Your not wrong Susan. Been that way for 2,000 years tho.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 9:23 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=skiboarder;2001684]
Quote:

No, they were not teaching about homosexuality in school, but there were just as many homosexuals then as now. The humiliation you are experiencing now is harmless (all you have to do is mind your own business and say nothing to avoid it). The crimes against homosexuals in the name of righteousness is well documented.

You felt safe, only because you didn't know better. You grew up in a much more dangerous world.

Crimes in Churches are way down. Consider all of the black churches burned in the 60s.

So, can one assume you support abortion rights and gay "marriage?"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 10:13 AM Reply   
I'm tired of putting the beatdown on you libtards on that subject. Different subject. Here, we have another confrontation between cops and Amish. Cop almost lost his gun in the struggle, but somehow managed to win despite the other Amish people doing nothing, but filming it like the lawless animals that they are. I'm actually bummed the cop's taser worked. Live ammo would have fixed the problem permanently.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee...ghes-dyersburg
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-10-2020, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post

It was more convenient for them though because they didn't even need to leave home (zero enforcement or even existence of domestic violence laws).
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
Since we are going back in time ........
From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes.

Fast forward to 2020. Over 2200 blacks shot by blacks, 500 blacks killed at the hand of other blacks in just CHICAGO . Yes that’s only 8 mos vs 86 years.

That forward progress is amazing. BLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 11:44 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=skiboarder;2001684]
Quote:

What you fail to mention is there are a significant more amount of police. There were higher penalties for crime, until recently during Obama’s tenure . As far as violent crime stats , please provide the data that supports your argument that violent crime is down and the times I grew up in were more violent, because according to the data now ,violent crime is definitely up. What has happened to screw the crime numbers, is reclassifications of crime in essence causing them to disappear from the count. Knocking down robberies to thefts , moving the goal posts for felony requirements over and over . Juking crime stats in major democratic strongholds is as prevalent as politicians stealing money. Even during Chicago’s most violent times , while “homicides “ are reduced , (mostly due to advances in medical technology and cell phone technology ) Shootings themselves are still more common place today.

I’d love to compare the black churches burned in the 60’s to the amount of Black businesses Burned downed in the riots of current day. Hell compare that to all the businesses burned in the riots.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why would you care if two poofs want to get married? Just leaves more women for real men.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Why would you care if two poofs want to get married? Just leaves more women for real men.
Bigoted much? Let's let him answer the question first. My goal is to try to be objective about people here unless they overtly flash their real colors blatently. I'd like to establish a baseline first. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time.

Last edited by markj; 09-10-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was more convenient for them though because they didn't even need to leave home (zero enforcement or even existence of domestic violence laws).
I walked right into that one since I left the door open for him to intentionally take my statement out of context completely. Lesson learned about him.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 12:05 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=xstarrider;2001691]
Quote:

What you fail to mention is there are a significant more amount of police. There were higher penalties for crime, until recently during Obama’s tenure . As far as violent crime stats , please provide the data that supports your argument that violent crime is down and the times I grew up in were more violent, because according to the data now ,violent crime is definitely up. What has happened to screw the crime numbers, is reclassifications of crime in essence causing them to disappear from the count. Knocking down robberies to thefts , moving the goal posts for felony requirements over and over . Juking crime stats in major democratic strongholds is as prevalent as politicians stealing money. Even during Chicago’s most violent times , while “homicides “ are reduced , (mostly due to advances in medical technology and cell phone technology ) Shootings themselves are still more common place today.

I’d love to compare the black churches burned in the 60’s to the amount of Black businesses Burned downed in the riots of current day. Hell compare that to all the businesses burned in the riots.
Can't remember where I recently read this, but I believe there were far more white churches burned than black ones. If I was Delta, I'd have that stuff down already.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 12:14 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001686]
Quote:

I think both are sins. I don’t think the govt has any business in marriage at all. And I find abortion morally abhorrent.

I’m a Christian. I believe in free will. Let God handle sins and the govt handle crimes. I don’t have to be gay and I don’t have to get an abortion either. Neither effect me in the slightest.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bigoted much? Let's let him answer the question first. My goal is to try to be objective about people here unless they overtly flash their real colors blatently. I'd like to establish a baseline first. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time.
Let's be honest, your time isn't that valuable.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think both are sins. I don’t think the govt has any business in marriage at all. And I find abortion morally abhorrent.

I’m a Christian. I believe in free will. Let God handle sins and the govt handle crimes. I don’t have to be gay and I don’t have to get an abortion either. Neither effect me in the slightest.
I'm not a Christian and are totally aligned with you here. I would never choose an abortion, I think it's wrong but I'm humble enough to not make the choice for other people. I think there should be limits around terms but I don't know what they should be, maybe the cut off should be if the baby came out and it could survive then it's abortion should be illegal. Something like that but I'm not informed enough to have a hard opinion.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
I walked right into that one since I left the door open for him to intentionally take my statement out of context completely. Lesson learned about him.
Not out of context at all. I'm saying more old ladies just walking down the street were punch in the face 40 years ago. I don't have the stats on little old lady attacks, but Americans were significantly more violent across the board and I'm using that as my basis. Criminals have always taken advantage of the weak.

This is the best one-pager on the subject I could quickly find and the lines I checked matched other sources.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 1:11 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=xstarrider;2001691]
Quote:

I agree that a greater police presence could be a contributor, but I have to imagine that crime reporting today is much better too. Death penalties for murder have have gone down, but so has the murder rate. I never considered the medical aspect associated with murder honestly. I would be very interested in learning more the adjustment of crime statistics and I am not even challenging that--I really do not know.

Tulsa riot of 1921.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 4:34 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=skiboarder;2001696]
Quote:

Okay. Free will means zero so far in this discussion. If you're truly a christian, how can you EVER support any candidate who endorses or promotes the continuation of those two sins?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not out of context at all. I'm saying more old ladies just walking down the street were punch in the face 40 years ago. I don't have the stats on little old lady attacks, but Americans were significantly more violent across the board and I'm using that as my basis. Criminals have always taken advantage of the weak.

This is the best one-pager on the subject I could quickly find and the lines I checked matched other sources.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
It's 100% out of context. Why else would any of us normal people shriek when we see, on video, an elderly lady walking down the street, by herself and some random thug walks, rides or-more-often jives up to her and punches her in the face for no reason besides her being white? We've seen this multiple times in the last few weeks, wide out in the open in broad daylight. Hell, NYFD men witnessed and then gang-tackled the thug who did it today or yesterday right in front of their own precinct.

Let me just say your stock is sinking, skiboarder.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
[
If you're truly a christian, how can you EVER support any candidate who endorses or promotes the continuation of those two sins?
Same way you can support a president who practices pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, and adultery I guess.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not a Christian and are totally aligned with you here. I would never choose an abortion, I think it's wrong but I'm humble enough to not make the choice for other people. I think there should be limits around terms but I don't know what they should be, maybe the cut off should be if the baby came out and it could survive then it's abortion should be illegal. Something like that but I'm not informed enough to have a hard opinion.
Hmm. Why is it wrong? What defines right and wrong? Where did right and wrong ever come from? What is the genesis of right and wrong and who says so? Who is the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong? Why would you associate humility with the knowledge of right and wrong? Is that knowledge (if it exists) some sort of privilege or currency?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Same way you can support a president who practices pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, and adultery I guess.
I agree with those things being labeled as sin-both past and present in his life. I don't however, see his policies EVER promoting any of them. He's an enigma. Hiden', on the other hand, promotes the murder of an unborn child-right up to birth and supports the teaching to elementary students how one dude packs the 95sn of another dude. Sick and immoral.

Last edited by markj; 09-10-2020 at 5:17 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hmm. Why is it wrong? What defines right and wrong? Where did right and wrong ever come from? What is the genesis of right and wrong and who says so? Who is the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong? Why would you associate humility with the knowledge of right and wrong? Is that knowledge (if it exists) some sort of privilege or currency?
Instead of right/wrong I like to think in terms of functional/not functional, net gain/net loss. I don't think the moral framework with reliance on guilt and godly punishment is that helpful to live a good life. The universe decides what works and what doesn't, the problem is the timeline is sometimes pretty long to see what is functional and what isn't and humans don't seem that good at predicting the future. But deferring to a higher power to set your moral compass is imo a dereliction of your personal responsibility to understand yourself and the world to the best of your ability.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
He's an enigma.
I think you mean populous grifter. He pumps the evangelism to win the vote not because of any moral conviction. Not that it matters, I understand if that issue is your deal breaker Trump is your best option but I wouldn't trust him not to dump you if he saw greener pastures.

Quote:
Hiden', on the other hand, promotes the murder of an unborn child-right up to birth and supports the teaching to elementary students how one dude packs the 95sn of another dude. Sick and immoral.
No, that's not true. He won't repeal anything abortion but he isn't pushing it out to birth.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Instead of right/wrong I like to think in terms of functional/not functional, net gain/net loss. I don't think the moral framework with reliance on guilt and godly punishment is that helpful to live a good life. The universe decides what works and what doesn't, the problem is the timeline is sometimes pretty long to see what is functional and what isn't and humans don't seem that good at predicting the future. But deferring to a higher power to set your moral compass is imo a dereliction of your personal responsibility to understand yourself and the world to the best of your ability.
Yeah, you've got that right. That whole right/wrong thing puts expectations on believers that are inconvenient to our own selfish, human, earthly desires. You've just described the human condition well. We're all selfish pragmatists by nature. Some of us realize that in time to save ourselves from eternal hell.....

The rest live a self-serving life, unsuccessfully searching for true meaning and mostly vote democrat, waiting for "the universe" to decide what it thinks is their fate. I made reference to this earlier when I asked about us being our own gods. Truth is, their fate was spelled out thousands of years ago. True Answers are free, but you gotta look.

I just gotta ask again in another way, what is a moral compass? Who invented morals? Why were they invented? Where did they come from? So far, from you, it appears "we" are our own gods, who created and support our own moral codes out of thin air...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think you mean populous grifter. He pumps the evangelism to win the vote not because of any moral conviction. Not that it matters, I understand if that issue is your deal breaker Trump is your best option but I wouldn't trust him not to dump you if he saw greener pastures.

No, that's not true. He won't repeal anything abortion but he isn't pushing it out to birth.
As long as he keeps pumping out the SC picks that last for 25-30 years and the policies, I'll keep supporting him. Otherwise, I'll treat him like a pit bull treats a 2-year-old stranger. I have no more loyalty to him than he does to my causes. If personality traits and his own personal virtue was on the table, he'd be out like last year's trash. That's why all these character assassinations by the MSM over the last 4 years continue to universally fall on deaf ears to most Americans. Dims aren't smart enough to get that for some reason. You'd think with all that lofty, ivory tower education, they'd understand and strike accordingly. Truth is, they're poster children for the fact that an education doesn't make you intelligent, it just makes you more educated in a certain field.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
I want to reiterate something here. If this were a personality contest or some sort of contest where each candidate's good/bad stats were weighed and measured, Trump would go down in a ball of flames. This election is about policies and the preservation of America as we know it for us sane people. We know that a vote for Hiden' means a vote for riots, anarchy, AOC and that ain't happening. You heard it here first.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 6:58 PM Reply   
I can’t wait for the responses

Tony Fauci when interviewed says Trump at his daily pressers during the beginning stages spoke precisely about the the information he was receiving from the experts daily. He wasn’t speaking on his own . RUT ROH ! There goes that narrative.

Meanwhile Biden was busy criticizing Trump for fear mongering and blowing things out of proportion with his travel ban. Biden went on further and said masks and other precautions were fear tactics put in place to scare people.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-10-2020 at 7:01 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
I just gotta ask again in another way, what is a moral compass? Who invented morals? Why were they invented? Where did they come from? So far, from you, it appears "we" are our own gods, who created and support our own moral codes out of thin air...
They are big questions and I don't think anybody is an expert regardless of what they say.

So with humility, IMO morals developed organically as part of the evolutionary process, they have utility to motivate humans to priorities long term gains over short term gains which result in net gain for the community over time.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:

Tony Fauci when interviewed says Trump at his daily pressers during the beginning stages spoke precisely about the the information he was receiving from the experts daily. He wasn’t speaking on his own . RUT ROH ! There goes that narrative.

Meanwhile Biden was busy criticizing Trump for fear mongering and blowing things out of proportion with his travel ban. Biden went on further and said masks and other precautions were fear tactics put in place to scare people.
I thought Fauci was an idiot who trump fired?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
As long as he keeps pumping out the SC picks that last for 25-30 years and the policies, I'll keep supporting him. Otherwise, I'll treat him like a pit bull treats a 2-year-old stranger. I have no more loyalty to him than he does to my causes. If personality traits and his own personal virtue was on the table, he'd be out like last year's trash
Completely rational, amongst the least stupid posts you have ever shat out, well done
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
They are big questions and I don't think anybody is an expert regardless of what they say.

So with humility, IMO morals developed organically as part of the evolutionary process, they have utility to motivate humans to priorities long term gains over short term gains which result in net gain for the community over time.
Yep. They're YUGE questions. Good thing there are reliable answers and you don't need to be an expert to discern them. Unfortunately, you're a secular humanist and screwed until you see the Light.

Bro, don't come at me with some made-up poop you pulled out of your 95sn about how morals organically "evolved" over long time periods-like those fossils that never have and never will be discovered of that old missing link from apes to humans (unless you consider the democrat party).

You're better than that. "Come on, man!"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:

I'm sure the story will be buried by the MSM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2020, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Completely rational, amongst the least stupid posts you have ever shat out, well done
Gee thanks for another trophy. Now I can take that and show it to my new daddy, Josh.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2020, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Gee thanks for another trophy. Now I can take that and show it to my new daddy, Josh.
You'll be the most popular boy on the short bus tomorrow.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-10-2020, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
I thought Fauci was an idiot who trump fired?
And once again you prove your distance from reality here is of great issue. Trump has taken steps to remove Fauci from access to media outlets based on beliefs Fauci’s made missteps at the beginning of the pandemic and the conflicting advice Fauci game on a daily basis. Trunp does not have the authority to remove Fauci . So the fact Fauci is still vouching for Trump, and saying Trumps rhetoric aligned with what he was being told by the experts in his most recent interview speaks volumes.

Secondly Trump has distanced Fauci from the media for his own protection as well. Over 50 scientists from a group Fauci is a part of have recently lost their funding and either resigned or were fired from their research jobs. This based on tainting research while being paid by outside sources ( foreign countries ) to do so. A big investigation into where university grants come from and how scientists keep grants flowing turned up some alarming evidence that suggests research is tainted and far from independent in order to keep foreign funds flowing to universities. This should’ve been a front page story in the headlines and talked about for weeks on the validity of expert research, but as usual it disappeared into nothingville for the news cycle.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-10-2020 at 7:56 PM.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-10-2020, 11:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
This sums up most people who vote for trump. They don't like the guy, wouldn't be his friend, but choose his policies over Clinton and now Biden. They also hide in the quiet for fear of being harassed for voting for him. So the left's solution is to go farther left and crazy, promoting racial divide and riots thinking this will somehow win them over. I'd like to think trump will win by a landslide, but I don't underestimate anything in this country anymore. If you asked me last year if multiple cities would ever be burning/ rioting at the same time, I would have said no. How come there are only democratic cities burning?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's 100% out of context. Why else would any of us normal people shriek when we see, on video, an elderly lady walking down the street, by herself and some random thug walks, rides or-more-often jives up to her and punches her in the face for no reason besides her being white? We've seen this multiple times in the last few weeks, wide out in the open in broad daylight. Hell, NYFD men witnessed and then gang-tackled the thug who did it today or yesterday right in front of their own precinct.

Let me just say your stock is sinking, skiboarder.
The same reason you thought you grew up in a safer America. You didn't know better. Now everyone has a camera in their hand. Now you see it. It is shocking, it should be shocking. But it is not new.

For you to believe what you believe right now, you have to believe that things are are getting worse. There are news stations pumping you full of the idea that things are worse than they have ever been. It is just not true. They were much worse even in your lifetime. I am sorry if that is inconvenient.

I don't understand why you punctuate every response you make with some kind of jab at me. "Your stock is sinking." What does that even mean?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 11:57 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001702]
Quote:

Okay. Free will means zero so far in this discussion. If you're truly a christian, how can you EVER support any candidate who endorses or promotes the continuation of those two sins?
I don't. I have said it several times.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-11-2020, 1:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
So the left's solution is to go farther left and crazy, promoting racial divide and riots thinking this will somehow win them over. I'd like to think trump will win by a landslide, but I don't underestimate anything in this country anymore. If you asked me last year if multiple cities would ever be burning/ rioting at the same time, I would have said no. How come there are only democratic cities burning?
Because that is where the white supremacist go to incite violence, I am sure the president is backing them up, this must be one of the "good people" president trump was talking about when he said there were good people on both sides,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCjQq3W2Yf4
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-11-2020, 2:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep. Look what Rudy did in NYC when he held the reins.
Please give another example of a republican mayor who cleaned up a city, this time with a city that does not cost a million dollars to live in. I guess if you pay a million dollars for a house, you expect it to be safe. Stop and frisk worked, but it is racist and therefor illegal?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2020, 4:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Please give another example of a republican mayor who cleaned up a city, this time with a city that does not cost a million dollars to live in. I guess if you pay a million dollars for a house, you expect it to be safe. Stop and frisk worked, but it is racist and therefor illegal?
No. I don’t need to give you another example.

Who says it’s illegal? If it is, it shouldn’t be. I’d call it just being minimally observant. If I’m airport security and I look a little harder at a middle eastern guy in his 20’s, I’m doing it because the odds of him being a terrorist are FAR greater than anyone else. Where are the stats to say I’m wrong? Same applies to stop and frisk and most other police methods they deem effective. They’re not in business to make people feel warm and fuzzy. They’re there to protect the public from predators.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2020, 4:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Because that is where the white supremacist go to incite violence, I am sure the president is backing them up, this must be one of the "good people" president trump was talking about when he said there were good people on both sides,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCjQq3W2Yf4
Okay so you got your one case. I’ll even spot you 4 more. Heck, I’m feeling generous-let’s say 20. Compare that to the thousands of democrats that have been lootin’ n burnin’ FOR OVER 100 DAYS STRAIGHT.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-11-2020, 4:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
The same reason you thought you grew up in a safer America. You didn't know better. Now everyone has a camera in their hand. Now you see it. It is shocking, it should be shocking. But it is not new.

For you to believe what you believe right now, you have to believe that things are are getting worse. There are news stations pumping you full of the idea that things are worse than they have ever been. It is just not true. They were much worse even in your lifetime. I am sorry if that is inconvenient.

I don't understand why you punctuate every response you make with some kind of jab at me. "Your stock is sinking." What does that even mean?
You’re full of it. No way did we see this kind of violence against people just for the sake of expressing hatred. Go watch the video of those two democrats in Delaware picking on that 7-year-old again. The motivation for this is pure hate. Back in the day, there would be a robbery attached to the old ladies getting punched. Now, it’s purely for hate. That didn’t exist back then like the last few months. Crazy stuff happens when people get locked down. It’s more collateral damage caused by the democrat lockdowns. “Your stock is sinking” is a play on the dialogue between Dr Evil and Number two in Austin Powers where he says, “your stock is rising, Number Two.”