Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey there, bought a Delta handle at the Pleasanton show, was wondering if a CWB/Proline rep can email me about a slight problem that I'm having with it.
my email: ericjohnsilva@gmail.com

Thanks - Eric
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-22-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Eric, what' s the problem with the handle?
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Evan,

Simply put, the leader and the handle are now two pieces! The handle is 100% fine, no scratches, dings, etc still looks brand new.

We were out at the delta this weekend (BRRRRRR) and i was going for my 2nd session on the handle (maybe only 30 mins use total....damn the cold water temps) and right when the boat was about to pull me out of the water the leader line pulled through the handle. Of course this happens in 50 degree water! I have pics to send, but I have no idea how to attach them here.

Thanks!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-22-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Eric, I have also had problems with that Delta handle. My grip ripped 3 times out. I got this from the dealer. The grip is made to change out so call CWB and they will replace it I don't want to keep replacing the grip. So I just let my nephew play with it now. I heard the chamie grip is the bomb one to use.

(Message edited by twakess on March 22, 2006)
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-22-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
What store did you get it from? It should have been either ski world or cope santa clara take it back to the store and they should replace it no problom if not bring it to me and I will take care of it either way you should not have to go to the rep to handle a problom like this.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-22-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Eric,

As the other Erik, said just bring it to the closest dealer near you and they'll swap it out for you. I'm in Fairfield if you want to bring it out here.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
forget the delta, try to return it for the best handle ever a Proline LG (if you listen, you will thank me for this advise)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-23-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
I second, the LG1 motion. You won't go wrong with that handle.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
If you bought it from someone at the shope(probably cope's or skiw world), definately take it back. CWB stands behind their products and the shops stand behind them!
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-13-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
I designed both those proline handles and can tell you they stand behind the products. take it back where you got it and they will get you a new one. My fav is the LG1! Call 1-800-234-7547 for the warranty department. I will also be honest here and like anything NEW I am pretty confidant the handle you have is one of the first production handles. I am sure they have addressed any issues but it is always good to call them and let them know about your experiance.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-13-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
All:

Please note that CWB has replaced the handle, and that both the factory rep as well as the rep that I gave it to at Spring ride were nothing more than helpful, and said that they have never seen one do what mine did. If anyone is truly interested, I can send pics. I'm really glad this happened early season (But I wasn't so glad while i was waiting to be picked up in 48 degree water!) My new handle is in my hands and waiting to get wet!

THANKS TO ALL AT CWB & PROLINE WHO HELPED ME WITH THIS!!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL AWESOME.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Glad to hear it all worked out. Try one of the new coated mainlines too! If your in the market for a new surf rope that is completely different check out the Big Balla. It is pretty much designed by Zane. It is a easy rope to use for both beginners and experts all while keeping you safe from handles.