Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-11-2017, 6:42 PM Reply   
Flavor of the Week ,Carbon Fiber...
Attached Images

Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-11-2017, 7:50 PM Reply   
Tell us more.....
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-11-2017, 8:13 PM Reply   
More pictures to come ,,,Soon
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-12-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
I can’t wait to see or hear the story behind the Rub rail!
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-12-2017, 9:58 PM Reply   
Only story here is ,,,BOAT Fixed,,,When are those grant west Wakeboards coming out???
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-13-2017, 4:18 AM Reply   
I wanna see more pics! Looks cool
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-13-2017, 2:10 PM Reply   
Fixed? Or just covered up!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-13-2017, 2:30 PM Reply   
This I gotta see.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-13-2017, 4:19 PM Reply   
Hey Moose if you wanna see how to fix Gell I did a DIY years ago. You can go to the DIY section and see many of the DIY threads I have done
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-13-2017, 5:24 PM Reply   
I wonder if the Moose Nom de Plume is purely coincidence.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-13-2017, 5:37 PM Reply   
g~eeee??? what was that Web site of yours again???Your going to school me on Gelcoats been working with Gelcoats well over 40 years...I can Spray gelcoat and then polish it in less than 40 mins.
E its just a cover up ,like everything else in life...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-13-2017, 8:20 PM Reply   
Right on Moose. I’m not going to try and school anyone. I’m a DIY guy. And I just took some photos of some work I did years ago & that’s all. Let’s see some more pictures of that Nautique you did? I was confused at what I was looking at ecpeciall by the rub rail, looks like the surface changed from 1k carbon fiber to something else. Curious to see
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-13-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
DA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE iZ bACk!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-14-2017, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
DA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE iZ bACk!
Q in Ken Land and we have a decent winter forum to follow!!!

Is this covered up with carbon film and black silicone on the rub rail?

Last edited by downfortheride; 11-14-2017 at 8:54 AM.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-14-2017, 4:53 PM Reply   
Still sanding the Carbon Fiber boat,,,But that was the only good fix ,If I would of filled the cracks and then L/P. the boat it would of cracked in a year or less...
here a couple of boats I fixed for friends over the summer
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-14-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
This boat had leaking windows so they had me fill in the window holes,,,
Attached Images

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-15-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
Moose LIVES! Thank God for a little fun activity on WW.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-15-2017, 9:19 AM Reply   
MOOOOOOOSSSEEE! feeling better big guy? glad to see you posting. carbon fiber came out clean. did you do the whole boat??
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-15-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
This boat had leaking windows so they had me fill in the window holes,,,
Don't look to bad for a internet picture.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-15-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
so instead of fixing the windows they "boarded them up"?

Moose got any pics of cracked corvette windshield fixes?
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-16-2017, 5:50 PM Reply   
No Corvette windows ,,,But i fixed this for my bro a year or so ago,,,No Widow people would fix it
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2017, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quite the craftsman
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-17-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
Lost interest in this thread already
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-17-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
No Corvette windows ,,,But i fixed this for my bro a year or so ago,,,No Widow people would fix it
I do autoglass professionally and that's the whole wrong way to do it, LOL. Less then $200 could have had it fixed right. The more I see this thread it seems the more attention Moose is trying to get. I think this thread should be named "You got Cracks in anything,,,THIS IS HOW YOU DIY WRONG...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
I'm still waiting for the Pic's of that Rubrail Section. I don't want to judge but it looks like the same "craftsmanship" Ralph noted was used in the Carbon Fiber wrap job. From the pictures, it looks like the rub rail was NOT removed and it became part of the repair. I have been critical of moose in other thread's so I'm not trying to pick on the guy just trying to understand what we are looking at.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-17-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Side note: still making custom surfboards moose man?
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-17-2017, 5:42 PM Reply   
Josh ,NOBODY would fix that window ,,,The frame was Rusted out ,Look I ran glass around the window ,to make sure it didnt kill anyone,,,I've never done a window ,my bro talked me into it,,,He was doing back flips...finished sanding the boat today
Whats a rub rail ? I glass over the cracks ,Simple ...
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-17-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
"What's a rub rail"? LOL. I think this thread is about to get interesting again ...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-18-2017, 6:32 AM Reply   
How long until someone brings out "the picture"???????
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2017, 8:42 AM Reply   
My hunch tells me the same “quality” that went into the window repair you can find in the Nautique repair. But to Moose’s defense. How much time and effort can you expect someone to put into a boat or car that’s beat down? Example the window in the guys truck. Doing the repair the “right way possibly cost more then the truck is worth. Same may go for that Nautique. It might be a basket case, are you gonna throw 3k at a Gell coat repair on a boat that’s worth 5k
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-18-2017, 11:32 AM Reply   
You got hunches ,go to the track and make a bet ...I take crap surfboards and make em look new
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-19-2017, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Josh ,NOBODY would fix that window ,,,The frame was Rusted out
When dealing with older vehicles and you have a rusted out pinch weld it's a hard decision what to do. As stated above if rusted out it will cost a LOT more then the car is worth to fix it right. If it's water tight and will survive a major auto wreck I guess your golden.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-21-2017, 4:48 PM Reply   
Boats done NOW,It was cheaper to hand lay Carbon Fiber on the boat than grind out 200 cracks ,primer the boat @ $200+ a gal ,sand it out then paint it with L/P@ $300~$500 a gal ,and still color sand it(Never can You get a perfect paint jop out side)& Polish the boat...
Carbons $27 a yard ,Resin $30 a gal ,used 2 gals ,Its not even close,Plus the fact the cracks won't come though the paint again like it more than likely in a year or 2...
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Well where I come from we would call that HACK ^^^ But like I said the boat looks like a floating POS so how much money can you expect to throw at a gel coat repair. And it also depends on where and how this boat is used. If the boat belongs to some homeless guy that runs it in Salt 24/7 that likes to get his Slaysh on then "Power to the People"
I just can't see anyone here accepting that as a viable repair? Perhaps the guy that has the wooden wakeboard tower but that's about it . Hey, Moose check out these guy's this is some 3rd world Auto Body and Paintwork. kind of reminds me of your Repair
https://youtu.be/qinZkdzOtCQ
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-22-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
The board repair looks pretty dang good.....the boat repair eh....not so much, BUT it looks about par for the boats condition.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-22-2017, 1:27 PM Reply   
LOL Grant that pain job!!!!

Don't inhale
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-22-2017, 4:45 PM Reply   
If this keeps a boat viable for several years at a minimum cost then I'm all for it. Not everyone can afford to drop 100k on a new boat and has to work with what they've got.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-22-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakarocks View Post
If this keeps a boat viable for several years at a minimum cost then I'm all for it. Not everyone can afford to drop 100k on a new boat and has to work with what they've got.
I guess the point is gel cracks aren't a functional issue, it is cosmetic, so why fix it in an ugly way? Taking the rub rail off, doing the repair and putting the rub rail back on again isn't expensive, just takes a bit of time. Its just a shame because the carbon work looks dope.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-22-2017, 7:18 PM Reply   
when it comes to repairs first is to fix the problem,cosmetics is next ,you can't make it better than brand new ,,,where's your DIY video???
Guy was STOKED
g~eee? has an opinion on EVERYTHING in the World ,,,whats the name of your business & website???
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2017, 8:00 PM Reply   
Moose are you saying if you don’t have a Website you can’t do good work?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-22-2017, 9:01 PM Reply   
X

Last edited by Bakes; 11-22-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-22-2017, 10:33 PM Reply   
It all makes Sense now after I looked at your profile g~eee? ,,,Cute picture,who would get cough dead in a uniform like that ,It all makes Sence NOW...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-23-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey Moose did you figure out what a rub rail is? I would think with all your experience you would know ur way around a boat, and u know your supposed to spray Gel Coat NOT drink it right?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-23-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
I’m guessing the guy stoke over the carbon fiber job is the same guy doing backflips over that window job.

Anymore pics of your work?
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-24-2017, 12:15 PM Reply   
Brakes ,got a whole web site of my work ,,, www.MooseWakeboards.com
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-26-2017, 2:45 PM Reply   
What in the world... that website would've been considered a train wreck 20 years ago.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-26-2017, 3:35 PM Reply   
^^^LOL^^^^^^
What are you talking about Bro it’s High Energy
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-28-2017, 12:01 AM Reply   
i'm not a fan of anyone picking on da moose, hes one of a kind on this forum. A few of the guys aren't proficient at reading between the lines apparently.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-28-2017, 6:05 AM Reply   
Da Moose Rules! Please don't run him off again, it was too long without him!
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2017, 9:00 AM Reply   
The boards look super fun and the board repairs look to be pretty solid... I was just saying that the website is somethin' else haha. Not a big fan of the end look on that Nautique, but it's a viable fix for that boat in the shape it's in.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-28-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
As far as beating up “the moose” and or “running him off the fourm “ I have one question.

Are we keeping it real ? Or does everyone get a trophy?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-28-2017, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
As far as beating up “the moose” and or “running him off the fourm “ I have one question.

Are we keeping it real ? Or does everyone get a trophy?
neither. hasn't been "real" around here for a long time. no need to be a di@K to anyone tho
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-28-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Nacho: Did you see the title of the thread?
You got Cracks in your gelcoat,,,THIS IS HOW YOU FIX THEM... So the way I read into this, The poster is giving us all a "How to" fix and or repair gel surfaces.

And when you see the quality of the finished product & in your opinion if it is sub standard & you question it your being a di@K for doing so? just want to make sure I know you are objecting to.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-28-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Moose is just off a hip surgery recovery and getting back to doing some repairs to pay his bills. If people want cheap repairs, then moose is their guy.

Heck the surfboard repair looks great.

I agree the rubrail should have been removed on the above boat, but when you’re buddy says “fix it as cheap as possible”, you do just that.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-28-2017, 1:14 PM Reply   
It's a beat up ski boat. How much time and money would you have put into?

I'd bet 100 hours and the entire off season. BUT It would come out perfectly and shiney, and you would be able to tell if you had a booger just by looking down at it.

Different story here! This "fix" worked for the owner and was professionally installed by Da MOOSE!! It is what it is bro!! Bet the broads they cruise by NEVER SEEN A CARBON FIBER BOAT!!! Mad ho points bro!! Prolly said "f the rub rail, gotta troll the delta later"!!!

We know this is not a white chocolate panty soaker like you would put out. We get it!! I think it's been covered above. Not how you or I would have ours repaired but we don't have to look at it every day.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-28-2017, 2:48 PM Reply   
I gotta agree with grant on this one . The thread should have been titled something like "You got cracks in your gelcoat, this is how you fix them on the cheap..." (notice only 1 comma).
Honestly, it probably would have been better for this thread to not have been started in the first place . With the amount of money required to own a wake boat built in the last 20 years, that kinda fix probably isn't going to fly with any of those people. And that's probably 80-90% of wakeworld members. Sure if your boat is 20 years old and you don't give a crap about resale or looks, I guess it could work for you. But you should know that you aren't showing off anything respectable to anyone owning a newer boat or who has any pride in their toys. You'd get more props and respect (seems like that's what moose is looking for) if the work was done the correct way in the first place.
And omg that website is definitely a mess. All the content looks like it's from 30 years ago and you can't even navigate it.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-28-2017, 3:00 PM Reply   
^^^ guess I should've said 80 to 90% of wakeworld members who own boats. I realize that a large part of the community don't actually own a boat
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2017, 3:43 PM Reply   
Give the guy a break. That Nautique owner cant afford the correct repair or the boat wouldn't look like that. What Moose did doesn't look any worse and he probably got paid. The guy goes out and works. He has a (limited) specific skill set and he markets it.
Thank for sharing Moose. Don't be a stranger.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       11-28-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
Let the guy do what makes him happy, plenty of people that need someone like this to do simple/cheap repairs so they can be on the water having fun, who cares if the boat is 20 yrs old or 2 months old if it makes THEM happy since it does not effect you and made the owner happy. Free Country, remember? More power to him, he never claimed he was fixing a new G, the whole point of this forum is to get new ideas and see what other people do to have options. If you don't like it, go the f**k away. Everyone should not get a trophy, but you can live and let live. Internet bullies.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-28-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
It's the WW mean girls click. You can pretty much avoid them completely by staying in the general wakeboard discussion. Any DIY, dock or political discussion is their domain.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
It's the WW mean girls click. You can pretty much avoid them completely by staying in the general wakeboard discussion. Any DIY, dock or political discussion is their domain.
Dont forget anything Tige, that topic brings out all the WW haters
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-28-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
Lol!! Hey moose your homie wanna sell that boat?
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-28-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
I'm the most monitor person on WW,So like Detox said you got read between the lines,I can't say what I want to like you ciber bullys can,,,And If your going to put some one down ,HAVE SOME STREET CRED... KEEP asking( g~eee? I think I wizzed myself )wheres his DIY Video is with no ad vale,,,PUT IT UP ,LETS SEE HOW SMART YOU R ,,,because your Brofile picture you look like a KOOK in that monkeys suit to take a bike ride ,You a pro biker...
WITH ALL THE BOATERS AND WAKEBOARDERS ON WW,Who's ever seen this done ???The rub rail The Rub rail ??? You mean the Molding ,who want to go threw taking that off for free,its easyer to tape off in 3 mins.,,, ALL PEOPLE WHO OWN A BOAT WANTS EVERYTHING DONE FOR FREE...
And what looks so bad on it ??? cant just say "IT SUCKS YOUR A HAKE " tell me what looks bad and WHY ,,,,I layed that whole boat by hand ,NO ONE AIR BUBBLE, NOT ONE...If I would of grounded EVERY crack out ,primered it ,then L/P painted it ,more cracks would show up again in about a year,AND (g~eeee???I think I wizzzed myself) thats NOT 1K Carbon ,,,Its called 282 Carbon Fiber ,and the cracks WILL NEVER COME BACK,NEVER...And it looks KILLLLLER TOO.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-28-2017, 7:54 PM Reply   
And the boat took less than 18 hours of labor...
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-28-2017, 8:27 PM Reply   
Lmfao!! Got heem!! #kook
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2017, 6:09 AM Reply   
Look at your second picture and your third picture. It would have looked great if you didn't smear all that black putty in the corner. The rub rail is held on by screws. It wouldn't have been that hard to remove and your already spending 18 hours on it. Then you could of had a cleaner transition from the carbon fiber to the rub rail.

Constructive criticism that is all.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-29-2017, 7:02 AM Reply   
thanks Blair ,What you think im blind ,I can see the Black silicon,didn't come out as good as I wanted ,But it didn't lay down as good as I wanted ,,,Go and head and tape 2 pieces of cardboard together and lay a bead down and show me how its done "HAVE SOME STREET CRED"if your going to have"Constructive criticism that is all." "HAVE SOME STREET CRED"
Some of the biggest names in Surfing come to me to make them Stuff,,,THATS MY STREET CRED...
Attached Images

Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-29-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
hmmm, okay, let him have it.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       11-29-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
Man you guys are really bullies, You guys should stop. Some people have had stuff like this push them over the edge.

Last edited by Shockthis; 11-29-2017 at 7:48 AM.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-29-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
Y'all need to go wakesurfing and chill out.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-29-2017, 8:54 AM Reply   
Wow - The guy comes back on WW after years and than just gets destroyed. We don't need to give him a trophy, but we don't need to bash him at all.

Don't have something nice to say? Than keep it to yourself. Nobody is forcing you all to comment.

I would not take an $80K boat to a surfboard repair guy, but a $5K boat I am trying to keep alive, I might. Either way that would be a decision for me and not everybody else.

I am not a fan of his website either, but we are talking about a surfer/wakeboarder that has been in our sport since the beginning. He is not a corporation or sitting on a bunch of money to get it updated. Either way I choose to not bash the guy. Heck there are still plenty of small businesses that do not have a website. I have never met Moose, but do know he has been here since the beginning and for that we do owe him some respect to help convert from waterskiing/surfing to wakeboarding. His boards were around the same time as the skurfer so it did help the history of our sport.

There are plenty of jerks on this forum and there is a reason we have lost so many good people here. The negativity and nastiness is just not necessary, especially over something that does not affect you all in the slightest.

Can't we all just get along?
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-29-2017, 9:12 AM Reply   
Yup the moose is OG af
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Ok this is my take away.

Moose is a good guy. Not disrespecting him in any way shape or form. I don't like bullies & would never wanna be looked at as one so I apologize if my opinion on his repair work has come off as "Im a internet bullie" I wont be posting any negative comments on this thread

With that being said. I have posted Many Many DIY projects here on W/W & not all of them are loved by all, Sometimes you get people that don't like your work or disagree with the way you did things. If you don't take things personal sometimes you can even learn from peoples input and even benefit from it. One thing is for sure if you snap back in threads & take things personal here on W/W there is no shortage of people to call you on your $hit. Lets face it that's what makes internet GOLD here on W/W I admit it I love to stop and watch a dumpster fire. This thread has all the ingredients to make a lovely dumpster fire.

Kind of reminds of the thread where the guy that made underwater lights in Florida got pissed at people here on W/W & he came and posted in a thread and bragged about how much money he and his company made & how kick A$$ he was. OMG people tore in to his A$$ big time it was a $hit Show, My vote is the Carbon Repair needs to make the Wake Word hall of fame photo.

DAVE the "W/W Hall of fame/same photo" should be turned into a Holiday Advent Calendar" with the proceeds going to your "Toys for Tots" program. You would make thousands. Who among you would not want one???????
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
I deleted my post above because it's not worth arguing about. I design furniture for a living for the big box stores. So I have my work critiqued every day. Sometimes a-little constructive criticism is worth listing to. Some people just can't take it at all.

It's almost Christmas so have a happy holidays!!!!!
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-29-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
I bet Moose has some good stories...
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-29-2017, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
I bet Moose has some good stories...
haha i'd bet money on yes!
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-29-2017, 7:57 PM Reply   
Nacho: Did you see the title of the thread?
You got Cracks in your gelcoat,,,THIS IS HOW YOU FIX THEM..."g~eee??? I wizzed on myself" still waiting on Your DIY link ,You lose it ???
You ciber bullys make me LAUGH ,YOU hide behind a keyboard calling everyone out ,and you think your opinion matters ,,,Like a Drunk dude at a baseball game sitting in the 3rd deck yelling at a pitcher making 10+mill.YOU SUCK ,the only one that sucks is the Drunk dude who Can't make it to the big times ...
g~eee??? I think i wizzed myself,Your all not THAT ,You know nothing about everything ,you guys aren't sick of this guy by now???
Ian Bro I have story's like Sublime playing in my backyard 3 times ,Party's at my house with 4 kegs on a Wednesday night where 500+ people came and Sublime wasn't even playing...or the World FaMoose KROQ broadcasting from my house on the beach that 4 of july ...
I love reading your BS with NO CRED ,me and my Friends Laugh so hard ,YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING ,AND YOU THINK YOUR ALL THAT...you need to go to the pound and adopted a little puppy and name it "LIFE" ,then you'd own a Life...
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-30-2017, 1:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooSeMan View Post
Ian Bro I have story's like Sublime playing in my backyard 3 times ,Party's at my house with 4 kegs on a Wednesday night where 500+ people came and Sublime wasn't even playing...or the World FaMoose KROQ broadcasting from my house on the beach that 4 of july ...
I love reading your BS with NO CRED ,me and my Friends Laugh so hard ,YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING ,AND YOU THINK YOUR ALL THAT...you need to go to the pound and adopted a little puppy and name it "LIFE" ,then you'd own a Life...
I want to back Moose up here because he's been around longer than I've been alive and I can't imagine how much he's helped develop the industry, but a response to criticism like this is what kills me. Reading through the thread I thought people were going a little hard on mooose for a repair that as pointed out already might have been done as affordably as possible. Is it manufacturer quality? No. But obviously It'll do for whoever was paying for it.

However, mooooose, if the "cred" that you think is so important consists of how you had Sublime rocking out in your backyard on a Wednesday on several occasions and KROQ broadcast from your beach, I think you've got it all twisted. Of anyone on WW I'd be willing to bet Ian has probably the best "clue" on what's going on in the industry seeing as that's his whole business.

I think many of us don't want to give you a hard time and genuinely want to see what your process is in making a repair like this but if you default to personal attacks about who's been in the business longer you're going to hurt yourself more than anyone else could. There's some saying about catching flies with honey or vinegar, I'm sure you've heard it once or twice in your day.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-30-2017, 4:38 AM Reply   
I just really want a moose custom epoxy fish that’s got like 40 liters of volume and some added rocker so I can use it when it’s 4-5ft....
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-30-2017, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
I gotta agree with grant on this one . The thread should have been titled something like "You got cracks in your gelcoat, this is how you fix them on the cheap..." (notice only 1 comma).
Honestly, it probably would have been better for this thread to not have been started in the first place . With the amount of money required to own a wake boat built in the last 20 years, that kinda fix probably isn't going to fly with any of those people. And that's probably 80-90% of wakeworld members. Sure if your boat is 20 years old and you don't give a crap about resale or looks, I guess it could work for you. But you should know that you aren't showing off anything respectable to anyone owning a newer boat or who has any pride in their toys. You'd get more props and respect (seems like that's what moose is looking for) if the work was done the correct way in the first place.
And omg that website is definitely a mess. All the content looks like it's from 30 years ago and you can't even navigate it.

Overthink things much? Good gravy, guy can post whatever he wants and title it whatever he wants. Doesn’t need to be judged in written form by everyone. People like Moose keep life interesting! It take all types, guys.