Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Burandtman)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-14-2018, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have a Ronix District 2016 with 1" fins. When doing surface tricks I notice some drag and sometimes I completely fail to complete them. Will a smaller .8" or .75" fin help/ will I notice a difference. What about taking them completely off? I ride behind a boat as well. Thanks
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-15-2018, 7:07 AM Reply   
1" fin on that board is a lot of fin. Good news is that you are riding one of the most stable and limitless boards out there. It is a great beginner board yet can still go to the moon strapped to the right feet (Chad Sharp).

For surface stuff, feel free to lose the fins and also drop the speed. Slower is better in this case. Finless is a lot of fun and will help you develop those fundamentals. When airs become your focus, you will want something to help you drive up the wake. I would recommend the Ronix Freeagent .8s or .6s if you want to keep it loosey-goosey. No Ronix pro rides the 1" fins, but for some reason they ship them with most of their boards.

Last edited by skiboarder; 05-15-2018 at 7:12 AM.
Old     (Burandtman)      Join Date: Jul 2016       05-16-2018, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
1" fin on that board is a lot of fin. Good news is that you are riding one of the most stable and limitless boards out there. It is a great beginner board yet can still go to the moon strapped to the right feet (Chad Sharp).

For surface stuff, feel free to lose the fins and also drop the speed. Slower is better in this case. Finless is a lot of fun and will help you develop those fundamentals. When airs become your focus, you will want something to help you drive up the wake. I would recommend the Ronix Freeagent .8s or .6s if you want to keep it loosey-goosey. No Ronix pro rides the 1" fins, but for some reason they ship them with most of their boards.
Do you have expierence with .6" or .8" fins and could recommend one or the other?