Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-07-2014, 4:37 AM Reply   
I have a 2013 soulcfaft fang tail that i that i purchased from the classifieds, and received it damaged from a member from this site. I will not go into details with the transaction. I have attempted to contact jeff at soulcraft and have not been successful, but this is not his problem since i did not purchase it from him. I just want some feedback on getting it fixed. I have had my stereo shop fix my 08 inland surfer board 2x times and you would never know it was damaged, but all the damage on the IS was on top not on the bottom. Are the materials the same? The local stereo shop said no worries to fix it. they said the only problem they see is you will be able to see the "fix:" since it is the traditional surf board look. My main concern is will it perform the same?
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-07-2014, 5:37 AM Reply   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-07-2014, 5:49 AM Reply   
Fixing the bottom is the same as fixing the top. Those dings should be no problem.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
Are they from putting the board in a surf rack?
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-07-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Not from any surf rack. Looks more like falls that end up banging the into the boat or just drops. My LF noserider has lots of those marks from beginners falling and shooting the board forward.Keep the beginners away from the real boards and get a compression molded board for them.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Jason, those a minor cracks. They happen in shipping, and normal use all the time. Fixing them will not be much problem. If your shop knows how to fix them then it will be fine.
Basically, all you need to do is sand the area, and then coat over with epoxy, re-wetting out as much of the resin/fiberglass matrix as possible. Sand and smooth, then ideally coat with an acrylic sealer. Some of the crack will disappear, but some will still be visible. The key is that it is sealed, and not sucking in water.

You can get a kit online at http://shredstixxusa.com/ding-repair...ing-repair-kit which contains the same resin as manufactured so there are no bonding issues. (i.e. a full chemical bond versus only a physical bond). Keep in mind, that most radio shops use polyester resins for fabrication. The polyester resin will eat right through the polystyrene foam core. Some of these cracks are deep enough for the resin to contact the foam.
Nick

Last edited by Chaos; 01-07-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: sp
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-07-2014, 10:38 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. It was from shipping. Can't wait till the lake melts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
get the ding repair kit, and do it yourself, shipping it to Jeff would cost you at least 125.00 (fed ex)
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-07-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. just order the kit.
Old     (rayatrogue)      Join Date: May 2013       01-08-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
you can also get a ding repair kit from us. www.agendasurf.com
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-15-2014, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick. I received the repair kit in the mail yesterday. Now the next step to see if i should quit my day job after the results from fixing the board. haha
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2014, 5:45 PM Reply   
No worries Jason. If you have any questions do not hesitate to give me a call. 5127992153. I have walked many people through a successful ding repair.

Nick